2873 replies to this topic

#1241 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

There was a report that Zach rejected an offer mid-season. Parise is his own man. He can make his own decision, you know. His dad really pisses me off. Those comments during the Rags series were totally uncalled for and were unfair to both Zach and the Devils

To his dad's credit, he came out a few days later and said he was pretty upset that his words were cherry picked and put into the article out of context. He told TG I believe that he had no inside information and didn't talk to Zach about anything other then the playoffs at the time.

#1242 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Twitter is nice, but at the same time, it really has made free agency painful.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#1243 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Zach has been very grateful. IF he does leave for Minnesota I'll be upset but I'll still admire him.

IF he leaves for Pittsburgh I'll lose every ounce of respect for him.

#1244 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Twitter is nice, but at the same time, it really has made free agency painful.

It beats the old days of F5-ing the hell out of sites waiting for news to break or just word to come through on WFAN or ESPN before they hated hockey

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#1245 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Radulov back to Russia. There goes plan D:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399762

#1246 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

perr EJHradek
For nervous Devils fans, I believe there's still a good chance that Parise stays in NJ. Stay tuned ...

www.SterioDesign.com

#1247 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

Radulov back to Russia. There goes plan D:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399762

Too bad so many talented hockey players are Russians.

A lot of Russian hockey players are actually dedicated and stuff but the few who aren't (Radulov) make them all look bad.

#1248 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

from EJ Hradek "For nervous Devils fans, I believe there's still a good chance that Parise stays in NJ. Stay tuned .." https://twitter.com/#!/EJHradek_NHL

#1249 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

EJ Hradek:

For nervous Devils fans, I believe there's still a good chance that Parise stays in NJ. Stay tuned .

#1250 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

i'm liking what i'm hearing from the media and brodeur.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#1251 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,403 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

per todd cordel

Devils will be apart of final decision I'm told. Parise in process of eliminating MIN or PIT....Final two expected to be MIN - NJ or PIT-NJ

edit: well thats really good IMO

Edited by SterioDesign, 02 July 2012 - 10:59 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#1252 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

I don't put much stock in these tweets...things change so rapidly. Mystery teams can appear at the last second with massive offers, odd things can happen (hey A-Rod was a Red Sox right?)

Edited by '7', 02 July 2012 - 10:58 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1253 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Some encouraging signs coming from several different unrelated sources throughout the media..

#1254 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

Does Zach want to be 3rd fiddle in Pittsburgh or The Man here?

Also if Suter to Detroit hits a snag they're going to turn around and go after Parise hard. DO NOT discount Detroit

Edited by '7', 02 July 2012 - 11:01 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#1255 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Also if Suter to Detroit hits a snag they're going to turn around and go after Parise hard. DO NOT discount Detroit

Sounds like Detroit's out, and Parise's making his decision within the next hour or two. I would imagine Suter's announcement coming after... However, I really don't know anything lol..

#1256 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

That's what I'm thinking. How do you go from the Captain of a team to a third wheel. Money talks, but that wouldn't sit right with me.
Posted Image

#1257 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Detroit already put in their offer and it seems it wasn't what he was looking for.

Between Minnesota and us, I say Minnesota. Between Pittsburgh and us, I think he stays.

Detroit already put in their offer and it seems it wasn't what he was looking for.

Between Minnesota and us, I say Minnesota. Between Pittsburgh and us, I think he stays.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1258 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

I would just be very surprised if he picks Minny. Unless he has the fiance breating down his neck to go 'home', it just doesn't make sense (unless he would seriously be averaging 10m/year). He won't see a winning team there for at least a few years.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#1259 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

For me I am the opposite of a previous poster. While I would hate for him to go to the Pens, that is an organization with a strong player base and would be a heavy cup favorite. To me, going to Minny would be a simple money grab.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#1260 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

Yea, the state of the team should deter Zach from signing with the Wild. I understand it's home, but when you're about to get as much money as he is...you can afford plenty of trips back home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users