2873 replies to this topic

#1321 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

The Blackhawks are 7m under cap right now and they still need a couple players and really could use a goalie better then Corey Crawford. Obviously they can move players around to fit Parise in but I'm surprised they are on the supposed short list.

On XM, they speculated the Blackhawks would move Kane to make room for Parise...
But I agree, it doesn't seem logical that Chi-town is where he lands up.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#1322 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

All I know is that XMRadio will be my friend for the drive home. Make it Happen Cap'n!
It's the whiskey talking.

#1323 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Are we really going to lose Zach to the Hawks?!?!?!?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#1324 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

On XM, they speculated the Blackhawks would move Kane to make room for Parise...

Watch that Parise for Kane stuff end up being true. (I still doubt it.)

n2eg.jpg

#1325 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

cmon zach

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#1326 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,289 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

I guess, they are similar players. Zach will cost a little more and is older, but the Hawks could turn Kane for some blue chip prospects and picks. I have to believe that playing w/ Kane is one of their selling points though, I can't imagine the pitch is "hey take this guys spot!".

#1327 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Parise out - Kaner in.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#1328 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

I guess, they are similar players. Zach will cost a little more and is older, but the Hawks could turn Kane for some blue chip prospects and picks. I have to believe that playing w/ Kane is one of their selling points though, I can't imagine the pitch is "hey take this guys spot!".

I agree with this. They do have Toews though and Kane has been rumored before, but I have to think they're trying to pair those guys up as well.

They can also move Sharp and a D-man like Hjalmarsson or even Montador/Oduya. They have some movable contracts. They also have 9 D-Men currently under contract with most of them making over 2 million. They can make it work without moving Kane. The one thing about their D-men is that half of them have NTCs, as do Sharp and Kane, altho Kane's doesnt kick in for a while, so he's movable anywhere now.

Hossa may actually be the most movable guy they have. He doesnt have a movement clause of any sort. His cap hit is also very palatable despite the length.

Edited by ghdi, 02 July 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#1329 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

hossa is one of the bes 2 way player in the NHL... Bob haartley calls him to most complete player he ever seen

#1330 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yeah really that'd be a major douche move on their part if they did flip Kane and tried to sell Zach on playing with him. Then again the Penguins used Paul Martin to recruit Zach and they've been trying to deal him lol.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1331 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

It's logical if you want to go to Pittsburgh but feel like you can't go there to screw us over. Chicago has young talent, tradition and money just like the Pens. They're enough of a reasonable facsimilie.

Then again like someone said, half of these beat guys just seem to be piggybacking off each other anyway. We don't know what's true and what's not.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1332 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

It's logical if you want to go to Pittsburgh but feel like you can't go there to screw us over. Chicago has young talent, tradition and money just like the Pens. They're enough of a reasonable facsimilie.

Then again like someone said, half of these beat guys just seem to be piggybacking off each other anyway. We don't know what's true and what's not.

Today seems like more of a clusterfvck than yesterday in terms of "news" or "buzz". The big difference today seems to be that we have a really good shot at keeping him, which I didnt think was very possible yesterday and of course this whole thing with Chicago being involved.

#1333 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

@ToddCordell
A lot of buzz right now that Parise will return to the #NJDevils. Reached out to his agent, Wade Arnott, and he declined to comment.

#1334 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I think someone mentioned it here earlier, but the fact that there's really no information whatsoever on this (besides rumors that don't seem to have much behind them) just reeks of Devils.

Either we're still heavily involved, or Zach's been trained very well.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#1335 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

@ToddCordell
A lot of buzz right now that Parise will return to the #NJDevils. Reached out to his agent, Wade Arnott, and he declined to comment.

OLD TWEET. JESUS
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#1336 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Maybe the hold up is Zach is trying to get Suter to come with him to NJ. :)
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#1337 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Either we're still heavily involved, or Zach's been trained very well.

Likely both ;)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#1338 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Maybe the hold up is Zach is trying to get Suter to come with him to NJ. :)

Unless they pull a Kariya and Selanne and sign one-year deals to come that's literally not possible, short of VBK winning Mega Millions in the last week.

#1339 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

OLD TWEET. JESUS

lol sorry. Someone just RT'd in my timeline and I hadnt seen it earlier.

#1340 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

lol sorry. Someone just RT'd in my timeline and I hadnt seen it earlier.

he's at hockeybuzz to boot
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users