2873 replies to this topic

#1341 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Either we're still heavily involved, or Zach's been trained very well.

Or maybe Zach is dead :ph34r:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#1342 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Unless they pull a Kariya and Selanne and sign one-year deals to come that's literally not possible, short of VBK winning Mega Millions in the last week.

They'd have to spike whatever Kool Aid Lou gives out with some of the glue that Єklund (2.3% accurate) sniffs.
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#1343 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

he's at hockeybuzz to boot

Wonder why I didnt follow him. Noted.

#1344 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Anyone else getting sick of waiting? This sucks.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#1345 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Buck up champ. This is NOTHING compared to the great month-long Kovaldrama in the summer of aught-10.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#1346 SeanMac16

SeanMac16

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

See I'd love to see Zach back in jersey but after we made him captain and he wanted a cup contender team( I believe we were pretty damn close) the fact that he's even thinking about leaving us kinda upsets me . Don't you think?

#1347 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

See I'd love to see Zach back in jersey but after we made him captain and he wanted a cup contender team( I believe we were pretty damn close) the fact that he's even thinking about leaving us kinda upsets me . Don't you think?

NEGOTIATIONSSSSSSSSSS MAN.

What you see is false. And what you don't see is true.

It's all what big mind fvck.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#1348 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

I'd rather be upset with him next year while he's in uniform.
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#1349 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

I dont think its fair to look at it like that. Its no secret we are having issues with our finances/ownership and this is probably the only time Zach will get a chance to see what he's worth on an open market. Its a smart business decision from his perspective to take a look at whats out there. What will upset me is if he leaves and the #s were so close and it looks like he was BSing, but I cannot have animosity at this point as its not fair to him. This is really a once in a lifetime decision he's going to make as its likely this contract will take him to the end of his career.

#1350 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

cmon zach. bring da motherfvckin ruckus

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#1351 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Not really. I would only start thinking along those lines (and start taking it personally) if he were to go to Philly or maybe Pittsburgh. If he were to go to a rival or even an Atlantic Division rival and have to play us 6 times a year, it'd be a slap in the face to Lou and especially to the fans. I could certainly understand if he were to go to Detroit or Minnesota, especially if their offer is just way above what ours is. Going to an Atlantic Division rival would be really upsetting though.

#1352 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Nope. This is the biggest financial decision of his life. He has one shot at it. And he's earned it, along with the right to take as much time as he needs. He'll likely NEVER get an opportunity like this again. I give him credit for taking his time...we may or may not like his ultimate decision, but at least he won't have rushed into it.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1353 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Can you really blame him? He has probably 1 shot in his career to take advantage of this system and get as much money as possible. He has all of the leverage in these negotiations, especially with such a weak FA class. We would all do the same thing if we were in his shoes right now (and if anyone says they would have taken a $20-30 million "hometown discount" to stay here, they're lying - that's a sh!tload of money to anyone, including Zach).

I believe that it's taking this long because he is trying to stay with the Devils and is trying to squeeze every last penny out of them before they say enough is enough and he has to choose between the only professional organization he's ever known and, likely, more money in another city. The upfront money is a huge problem for us. Clearly, these players are hedging against a potential lockout (Marty and Moose with the guaranteed 2nd year), and Zach wants a signing bonus to soften or erase the blow of losing 1/2 to all of his salary for this upcoming season should there be a lockout. I can't see us paying him much by way of a signing bonus with our current financial state.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 02 July 2012 - 03:24 PM.

Posted Image

#1354 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

His agents are going to have to prop him up Weekend at Bernie's style then so he can 'sign' the biggest contract and they get the commission :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 July 2012 - 03:24 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1355 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

I always considered toews and kane to be our zajac and parise
Devils.

#1356 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Certainly not!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#1357 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Certainly not!

Yeah! Didn't we determine that you're Scott Gomez? :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#1358 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

lol "Or maybe Chunk is dead!" reminded me of the Goonies and I read it as she said it in the movie.

#1359 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Can you really blame him? He has probably 1 shot in his career to take advantage of this system and get as much money as possible. He has all of the leverage in these negotiations, especially with such a weak FA class. We would all do the same thing if we were in his shoes right now (and if anyone says they would have taken a $20-30 million "hometown discount" to stay here, they're lying - that's a sh!tload of money to anyone, including Zach).

I believe that it's taking this long because he is trying to stay with the Devils and is trying to squeeze every last penny out of them before they say enough is enough and he has to choose between the only professional organization he's ever known and, likely, more money in another city. The upfront money is a huge problem for us. Clearly, these players are hedging against a potential lockout (Marty and Moose with the guaranteed 2nd year), and Zach wants a signing bonus to soften or erase the blow of losing 1/2 to all of his salary for this upcoming season should there be a lockout. I can't see us paying him much by way of a signing bonus with our current financial state.

I would say that taking a "discount" to stay in a place you like and to play for a winner is not a problem. I would.

It's really comical, considering what the vast majority of people make, to go elsewhere because of a million bucks or two. If you need ten million instead of eight million and are adamet about it then you probably need to take a look in the mirror. It's not like one team is offering 10 million and another is offering 10 thousand

#1360 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

I hate, wish they said decision ina week, then iwould not be going crazy...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users