2873 replies to this topic

#121 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

Yeah I'm worried that the Wild will do something stupid like 12 years, 100 million whereas we'll offer something reasonable like 8-56 and get blown out of the water. Of course it'll be a phyrric victory for them, but hey if they can't win they might as well get the hometown guy to keep the fans happy.

I think if Zach had his way he'd sign with NJ now, I think if the agents (and his dad) had their way he'd go to Minnesota. I just hope Zach makes the decision he wants to make before he's compelled to make one he'll regret.

If Zach gets offered 12 yrs/100 mill he is a goner. No way the Devils offer him anything NEAR that....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#122 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

If Zach gets offered 12 yrs/100 mill he is a goner. No way the Devils offer him anything NEAR that....

They basically gave that to Kovy (15 yrs/100 mill, 3 dummy years). After the Kovalchuk contract nothing with Parise would surprise me, especially with the projected massive cap jump pre-CBA fight.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#123 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Simple question: How much does our financial troubles affect player signings?
Posted Image

#124 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Simple question: How much does our financial troubles affect player signings?

For whatever it's worth, Lou says that it won't affect player money. He could have refused to comment, but he said it would have no effect, so it may be true.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#125 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

For whatever it's worth, Lou says that it won't affect player money. He could have refused to comment, but he said it would have no effect, so it may be true.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to understand. I know he did say that, I just wish I knew if it really does or not.
Posted Image

#126 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

Did you see how depressed Parise looks in the post game interviews? He wants to win. He won't in Minnesota. He won't go for those extra millions.

#127 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,141 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

So I understand, posting a first line google search link (you try it-- google zach parise wedding) to his wedding registry to try and see if he really is marrying a NJ school teacher (which means there's a strong chance he stays here) is "wrong", but reporting Lou sightings at Panera Bread is fine? Ok, got it.

Hey hey relax. It was posted on here before you posted it, and it was creepy then too. I think random fans researching online how to buy Zach Parise bed-sheets to try to entice him to stay is where you cross the line between superfan and stalker. I know it was a joke, buddy, and I like you a lot as a poster. Don't take it personally :thumbsup:

-----back on topic-----
If Minnesota touches the 100m range, I don't care how much he wants to win, there's a big difference between 50-60m and 100m.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 13 June 2012 - 07:33 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#128 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

Tweets from My Ranger Fan Buddy Last Night:

We all know #Parise loves NJ - question is can they pay him - someone will offer front loaded deal

Big words - I will bet you any amount of $$$ he's not a Devil come the start of 2012. Just name the amount.

2.5 wks to go until July 1 - start the countdown

Hey - Parise resigns w #njd Drinks @watersidecafe on me one Fri evening - if not - on you? Deal?

*Just another douchebag Ranger fan...he prides himself on being a "knowledgeable" sports fan, but is he off with this one? I have a good feeling about Zach remaining here, but apparently the rest of the league knows something we don't?
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#129 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

well this team proved that it will win sooner than later, so if he wants what he says he wants that is success with a young team, then he will stay for a reasonable number around 7M per year and not go somewhere else just for extra cash. the only team i can see stealing him is redwings. us two are usually the automatic contenders no matter what the media says.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#130 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:41 AM

well this team proved that it will win sooner than later, so if he wants what he says he wants that is success with a young team, then he will stay for a reasonable number around 7M per year and not go somewhere else just for extra cash. the only team i can see stealing him is redwings. us two are usually the automatic contenders no matter what the media says.

I won't even try to get into Zach's head, but I wonder if he thinks the Devils' run had more to do with good fortune than anything else. And the goaltending situation is going to be a question mark very soon.

That being said, I hope Zach realizes that the NHL is a year-to-year league now more than ever...that "greener pasture" that looks so good one minute can change in a hurry. I don't really see that slamdunk team that can give Zach that much better of a chance of winning than the Devils.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#131 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Did you see how depressed Parise looks in the post game interviews? He wants to win. He won't in Minnesota. He won't go for those extra millions.

ouch, watching that the other day was tough. It was like someone passed away.

I'm sure that everyone wants to win, its just that guys like Zach & Kovy really show it in their faces & in their comments.
Guys like Stevens seemed to hate losing even more then they enjoyed winning !

#132 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

I hate getting these little "clues" from Zach, because I don't want to be disappointed. But this sentence in TG's blog really gives me hope.

“The whole experience itself was so unbelievable,” Devils captain Zach Parise said. “When you get that close and you’ve got to watch the other team celebrate, that’s a pretty bad feeling. I think all of us are going to come prepared next year and be ready. It’s not a good feeling when you’re on the other side and you’re watching them celebrating.”

http://blogs.northje...future_success/

#133 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Why would you? Hell if you know they're going to do something that stupid, they should trade him to them and get some draft picks out of their insane negotiations. The way I look at it, if that's a selling point, you wouldn't be able to resign him anyway. If it's not, you get free draft picks.

#134 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:25 PM

-----back on topic-----
If Minnesota touches the 100m range, I don't care how much he wants to win, there's a big difference between 50-60m and 100m.

There really isn't. Either way you are set for life and your kids are set for life, if that's what you want. The extra 40 million is just to assure Parise of how good he really is, coming at the expense of Minnesota's chances to win (which are, themselves, not particularly good)

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#135 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

There really isn't. Either way you are set for life and your kids are set for life, if that's what you want. The extra 40 million is just to assure Parise of how good he really is, coming at the expense of Minnesota's chances to win (which are, themselves, not particularly good)

There is a HUGE difference between 50-60 mill and 100 mill. HUGE to the sum of 40M. I thought Zach would sign here for less (say we offered 8 years/60 mill and Minn offered 9 years 70 or something like that) But if the overall contract is 40 million or so different Zach will not stay. He wants to win, but 100 mill is nearly impossible to turn down for any athlete...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#136 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

They basically gave that to Kovy (15 yrs/100 mill, 3 dummy years). After the Kovalchuk contract nothing with Parise would surprise me, especially with the projected massive cap jump pre-CBA fight.

I do not see the Devils having 2 players on their roster with $100 mill deals....

I also expect Kovy to be more productive than Zach will be in his mid 30's....

#137 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

The difference between 100 mill and 60 mill is not as great as the difference between 40 mill and 0 dollars, but to say there's not much difference is overstating your point. I can't see Parise leaving 40 million on the table to stay in NJ.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#138 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

does crosby's new deal play into what zach will get?
Posted Image

#139 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

The difference between 100 mill and 60 mill is not as great as the difference between 40 mill and 0 dollars, but to say there's not much difference is overstating your point. I can't see Parise leaving 40 million on the table to stay in NJ.

No, but I don't see the Wild offering $100 million, either. That would give him one of the highest cap hits in the league.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#140 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Jake Gittes: How much are you worth? Noah Cross: I have no idea. How much do you want? Jake Gittes: I just wanna know what you're worth. Over 10 million? Noah Cross: Oh my, yes! Jake Gittes: Why are you doing it? How much better can you eat? What could you buy that you can't already afford? Noah Cross: The future, Mr. Gittes! The future.

Go to 2:05 of this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYMWkRrC7UY

Edited by Daniel, 14 June 2012 - 01:10 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users