2873 replies to this topic

#1401 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,888 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

I would say that taking a "discount" to stay in a place you like and to play for a winner is not a problem. I would.

It's really comical, considering what the vast majority of people make, to go elsewhere because of a million bucks or two. If you need ten million instead of eight million and are adamet about it then you probably need to take a look in the mirror. It's not like one team is offering 10 million and another is offering 10 thousand

Except that other winners are offering him more than we are. And you're certainly talking about a BIGGER difference in money than your hypothetical 10 million to 10,000. If we're offering 80-84 and other teams are offering 100+ that's not insignificant.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1402 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

I think it is good news that it is taking time. If it was just money, then it would be an easy decision. This is a huge decision for him, it shouldn't be done in 24 hours.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#1403 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

I think its definitely good for us. We probably are not at the same level as some of the other offers.

#1404 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

I think it is good news that it is taking time. If it was just money, then it would be an easy decision. This is a huge decision for him, it shouldn't be done in 24 hours.

Great point. Devils fans should be happy. Devils are almost certainly not offering the most money here.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#1405 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

I hope he announces "No announcement today, come back tomorrow"

Pretty much exactly what happened.

#1406 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

The longer this goes on, the better this seems to be looking for the Devils. All indications are that the teams that were in the running threw a buttload of cash his way. I can't see any reason for a delay other than he and his agent trying to get just that extra little bit out of Lou and the Devils. He obviously wants to stay here, if he were chasing the payday, he would have made his mind up a lot earlier and it definitely wouldn't have been the Devils..

Edited by DJ Eco, 02 July 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#1407 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hes ganna go home and the first thing his dad is ganna say is "nj bad, no sign there! Rar rar rar!" Exactly like that

#1408 JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

uuggggggghhhhhhhh

:horse:

#1409 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

I thought the offers were all on the table...negotiations are ongoing and he will continue to negotiate for more cash? makes perfect sense but it seemed like "all offers were on the table" and he just had to choose one?

I have no idea. I am lost.
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#1410 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

@Russostrib
The plan is Parise will come back here to Minnesota tomorrow, discuss with fiancee and get back to his agents "later;" nothing imminent

Sounds like Kovy Watch Part II

#1411 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

Switch targets Lou, let the dude walk and resign Sal.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#1412 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

I thought the offers were all on the table...negotiations are ongoing and he will continue to negotiate for more cash? makes perfect sense but it seemed like "all offers were on the table" and he just had to choose one?

I feel like all offers WERE on the table, minus Lou's final offer. I think he and his agent squeezed all they could out of Lou by the end of today, only for it to still be below the others. Maybe his decision hinges on the intangibles surrounding whether or not that pay cut is small enough to still pick the Devils for the two million reasons he should. I'm sure Marty's words will be ringing his head this next day or two, and I think the wait can only be a good thing for the Devils..

#1413 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Parise denies Devils financial situation is factor in decision-making process: 'In speaking with Lou he said that won't be a problem'

www.SterioDesign.com

#1414 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Ridiculous. This is our Captain, still. There's no one out there worth dropping this for now. Sal is the least of our worries.

#1415 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

lol, yeah. good plan
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#1416 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Parise denies Devils financial situation is factor in decision-making process: 'In speaking with Lou he said that won't be a problem'

#1417 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Im sure all offers are on the table. I think he's just trying to decide which one to take.
Posted Image

#1418 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

@markhmasters: Parise on Brodeur: 'We've definitely been in contact'

good sign

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#1419 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,470 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

NEWS FLASH: No new news to report.

#1420 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,275 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

I think this bodes well for the Devils, but I'm worried that his...lovely...father will attempt to poison his mind against the Devils.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users