2873 replies to this topic

#1741 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

If he is going to walk, Minnesota would be the easiest to stomach lol.

Agreed, and to be honest if he walks, that leaves only Parise and Poni that is not there from last years team that made the finals. I can't imagine they wouldnt at least make an attempt to replace him with a top 6 foward. are they really that bad off without him? I said from that start I really want him back but at upwards of 8-9 a year I'd much rather take another route and have him enjoy his time in minnesota.

#1742 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

If he is going to walk, Minnesota would be the easiest to stomach lol.

Haha I agree. With all these worries about Pitt and Phl, Minnesota would be like a luxury lol

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1743 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

im somewhat amazed how some folks here are bashing Zach for being not loyal and everything cause he's waiting 2 days to make a decision...

kovalchuk took like 4 years to make a decision and went to the highest bidder from 2 teams... yet we're all pretty happy with his services and all felt for the "THIS IS TEAM" thing...

www.SterioDesign.com

#1744 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

FWIW, Brodeur was on the fan at 11 and still thinks Zach comes back to us
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#1745 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Really ghdi? Guy gives us up for a perenial loser?

Its his decision, and I'd much rather him go there than go to sh!tsburgh. Where would rather him go if not here?

Obviously, I want him to stay here, but if not, go to Minnesota. We'll see him twice a year at most.

#1746 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Could Suter be waiting to see what Parise does? Maybe he has interest in playing here
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#1747 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Really ghdi? Guy gives us up for a perenial loser?

ala Nieds, he went not for the $ but for the love......awwwwwww

#1748 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Could Suter be waiting to see what Parise does? Maybe he has interest in playing here

I hope he plans on playing forward.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1749 njdevsftw

njdevsftw

Senior Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

If Zach decides to move home to Minnesota (and his family) I don't see how anyone can blame him for that.
Posted Image

#1750 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Its long been rumored that Suter wants to stay in the western conference.

Besides, we are STACKED on D. Not just at the big club, but in the minors as well. Our defense is not a pressing concern. Our offense is with this uncertainty.

I really dont think of it matters though, I don't think Suter would come here.

#1751 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:10 PM

Yeah guys, Salvador's contract would have never happened if Lou had any intention of pursuing Suter. Let's let that one go

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1752 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

im somewhat amazed how some folks here are bashing Zach for being not loyal and everything cause he's waiting 2 days to make a decision...

kovalchuk took like 4 years to make a decision and went to the highest bidder from 2 teams... yet we're all pretty happy with his services and all felt for the "THIS IS TEAM" thing...

But this is closer to the heart for Devil fans. Kovy was here for a half a season but Zach has been here forever. Everyone will take it harder if he leaves.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1753 In Lou We Trust

In Lou We Trust

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

If Zach decides to move home to Minnesota (and his family) I don't see how anyone can blame him for that.

I totally agree. But if he signs with Pittsburgh, I will have a hard time with it. The Penguins are my worst nightmare and I can't stand them. I would have a hard time wishing Zach well as a Penguin and might even grow to hate him. The thought of that is upsetting, but it is reality.

Best case he stays in NJ for a decent price. Or if he does leave .... I could wish him well in Minnesota.

#1754 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Its the one of the only decisions he could make (Detroit and Chicago to lesser extents) where I wouldnt have Gomez style hate for him. He goes to Pittsburgh or Philly, he is on par with Gomez for ex-Devils I don't like anymore. Basically, if you're going to leave, go as far away as possible and go out of the conference. If he goes to the Penguins, thats as bad as going to the Rags, especially now.

We've had Zach the same amount of time we've had Brian Gionta. We've won no cups with Zach. I got over my hate of Niedermayer fairly quickly because of his past with us + the fact we rarely had to see him. Zach doesnt have that same nest egg for me. He'll just be another player that came through here.

#1755 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

It's minor, but not smart by Russo to ambush Parise at the airport. That was part of the reason he said he didn't want to play for Minnesota last year. Just not good form.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1756 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

But this is closer to the heart for Devil fans. Kovy was here for a half a season but Zach has been here forever. Everyone will take it harder if he leaves.

ah well obviously and i feel the same way. But loyalty goes both ways... how many teams would wait a week before free agency to reach out for contract talks with their captain... Zach said numerous times that he was open to begin talks and wanted to start negotiations.

Salvador is from minny too and look at his quotes about NJ... and he wasnt even drafted here

www.SterioDesign.com

#1757 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Its long been rumored that Suter wants to stay in the western conference.

Besides, we are STACKED on D. Not just at the big club, but in the minors as well. Our defense is not a pressing concern. Our offense is with this uncertainty.

I really dont think of it matters though, I don't think Suter would come here.

I dont know if stacked is the right word. Yes, we have a logjam at defence at both the NHL and AHL level, but we lack a stud defencemen that most cup winning teams have. We have alot of good 2nd or 3rd pairing guys, but lack the high end skill on D.

#1758 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,005 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Ok guys, a new twist.

For lunch today I made a hamburger. It looked really great but somewhere from the transfer from grill to the plate, it fell on the ground. Hungry, and with my man senses tingling, I decided to wash it off under water rather than toss it. A little A1 steak sauce later, it was delicious.

What will happen first? Will Zach sign or will I get sick? Or both? Or neither?

Stay tuned!

#1759 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Ok guys, a new twist.

For lunch today I made a hamburger. It looked really great but somewhere from the transfer from grill to the plate, it fell on the ground. Hungry, and with my man senses tingling, I decided to wash it off under water rather than toss it. A little A1 steak sauce later, it was delicious.

What will happen first? Will Zach sign or will I get sick? Or both? Or neither?

Stay tuned!

I will take neither for your sake and have Zach sign at 12:01 tonight!

EDIT: Oh I thought you meant by the end of the day :saddevil:

Edited by Zubie#8, 03 July 2012 - 01:28 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#1760 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

ah well obviously and i feel the same way. But loyalty goes both ways... how many teams would wait a week before free agency to reach out for contract talks with their captain... Zach said numerous times that he was open to begin talks and wanted to start negotiations.

Enough of this. Lou has done this 1000 times before with his free agents and we've had the #1 guy on the market 2 times, Kovalchuk and Niedermayer. When Elias was last UFA, he was coming off the hepatitus thing he had and was not the #1 guy, went to market, got a competitive offer, and Lou met Patty's demands. Zach is a completely different beast. Niedermayer left to go play with his sister and took less money to do so. Rafalski we let go because of the $$ (a mistake) and he went to his hometown team. Gomez was never going to stay.

Theres a rumor going around that seems very legit that Lou went to Zach at the deadline this year and offered 7 yrs/50 and Zach was prepared to take it but his agents told him not to because they (rightfully) knew that he would get a helluva lot more at market.

I find the blaming of Lou because he waited flimsy. No one knows when negotiations began. And "Zach said numerous times", so what? Zach may have said he was game to talk, but his agents have a lot of sway there as well.

Edited by ghdi, 03 July 2012 - 01:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users