2873 replies to this topic

#1 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:45 AM

Central stop for all news and opinions on the issue, from spottings of visits to the Tumi store to sit downs with Lou at Panera.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

I fully expect this thread to crack 100 pages before it is all said and done.

#3 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Does this include any info shared with us by CAA/Rock security guards? :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

i would put odds at him re-signing at 70%.

over/under on contract 10.1 years/ $70.1MM. I am taking the under on both.

should he leave, the devils will need to bring in a top 6 forward that is not currently on this team. i am not comfortable with henrique-zajac-kovalchuk and zubrus-elias-clarkson as our two top lines, espeically when you consider that the devils have three forwards under team control after next year.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#5 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

i would put odds at him re-signing at 70%.

over/under on contract 10.1 years/ $70.1MM. I am taking the under on both.

should he leave, the devils will need to bring in a top 6 forward that is not currently on this team. i am not comfortable with henrique-zajac-kovalchuk and zubrus-elias-clarkson as our two top lines, espeically when you consider that the devils have three forwards under team control after next year.

Sign me up for 8 years $56 mill

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#6 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

Does this include any info shared with us by CAA/Rock security guards? :P

I would be sorely disappointed if there weren't.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#7 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

oh by the way, since this is what this thread is for, a rumor that i heard which i will lend credence to (i wouldn't post stuff i don't believe) is that parise was offered 7/49 at the trade deadline this year. he was prepared to accept it but his agents essentially would not let him. their argument was that the devils would absolutely up that offer and he'd get at least 6 offers greater on 7/1. they basically said that if he wants to sign with the devils, he will have every opportunity to at a better offer so why not wait.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#8 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

If my memory serves me correct but didnt the Kovy thread have ninjas?

#9 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

oh by the way, since this is what this thread is for, a rumor that i heard which i will lend credence to (i wouldn't post stuff i don't believe) is that parise was offered 7/49 at the trade deadline this year. he was prepared to accept it but his agents essentially would not let him. their argument was that the devils would absolutely up that offer and he'd get at least 6 offers greater on 7/1. they basically said that if he wants to sign with the devils, he will have every opportunity to at a better offer so why not wait.

I can definitely believe that. The agents and NHLPA have and/or will push him hard to go to FA on 7/1/12 and take the greatest offer in order to push the bar even higher for future FA's. Brodeur oftens talks about he got a lot of pressure to do the same from the NHLPA when making his deals, but he didn't have an agent and didn't care what the heads of the NHLPA thought. He wanted to play for a winner and knew he'd have to take less than market value for his services to make that happen.

I see Zach getting around $7.5 million per over 7-8 season on the open market. I think Lou would go there for Zach, but the real question is can ownership? In the end, nobody really knows whats going to happen and we're not likely to find out until July 1.
Posted Image

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

I can definitely believe that. The agents and NHLPA have and/or will push him hard to go to FA on 7/1/12 and take the greatest offer in order to push the bar even higher for future FA's. Brodeur oftens talks about he got a lot of pressure to do the same from the NHLPA when making his deals, but he didn't have an agent and didn't care what the heads of the NHLPA thought. He wanted to play for a winner and knew he'd have to take less than market value for his services to make that happen.

I see Zach getting around $7.5 million per over 7-8 season on the open market. I think Lou would go there for Zach, but the real question is can ownership? In the end, nobody really knows whats going to happen and we're not likely to find out until July 1.

Well, I think if he was offered 7/49 at the deadline (with the ownership issues still prevelant in the backround), I think the money is there, and would be there to go maybe 8/56 if that's what it takes. The cash infusion from this run should definitely help a little.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#11 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,981 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but this was (to the best of my memory) from his interview during intermission of game 5...

"Zach, do you consider Minnesota or New Jersey your home?"

"Probably Minnesota, I grew up there and played a lot of hockey there. I'm only at the beginning of my career in New Jersey, I think I'll have a much different answer 10 years from now".

He said "I'm only at the beginning of my career in New Jersey". That doesn't sound like someone who's leaving.

Female ninjas and girls in devils jerseys.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#12 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

"Zach, do you consider Minnesota or New Jersey your home?"

"Probably Minnesota, I grew up there and played a lot of hockey there. I'm only at the beginning of my career in New Jersey, I think I'll have a much different answer 10 years from now".

He said "I'm only at the beginning of my career in New Jersey". That doesn't sound like someone who's leaving.

I think that's us putting more thought into his statement than he did. I don't believe he is trying to send cryptic messages to fans. I think he honestly meant something along the lines "I'm still young and haven't been here forever... ask me in 10 years and my story might change".

Ask me what my home town is... I'll publicly question if its Bensalem, PA (where I own a house), or Toms River, NJ (where I grew up).

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#13 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

yes but to clarify a little it was hot lady ninja's
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#14 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

We must pace ourselves!!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#15 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

We must pace ourselves!!

LOL, but I agree :) The Kovy thread was beyond epic

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#16 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

The Kovy thread was so epic that people were getting Holy Ghost power from it.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#17 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.500m) / Travis Zajac ($3.888m) / Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m)
Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Adam Henrique ($0.854m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m)
Alexei Ponikarovsky ($2.000m) / Jacob Josefson ($0.900m) / David Clarkson ($2.667m)
Ryan Carter ($1.000m) / Stephen Gionta ($1.000m) / Steve Bernier ($1.000m)
Eric Boulton ($0.663m)

DEFENSEMEN
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Marek Zidlicky ($4.000m)
Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) / Andy Greene ($3.000m)
Adam Larsson ($0.925m) / Mark Fayne ($3.000m)
Peter Harrold ($0.750m) /

GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($4.000m)
Johan Hedberg ($1.250m)

BUYOUTS
Colin White ($1.000m) / Trent Hunter ($0.667m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,754,166; BONUSES: $262,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $6,545,834

I think this is a good starting point.

#18 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

yes but to clarify a little it was hot lady ninja's

I think we should change it up a little. If it was hot lady ninjas in the Kovy thread, it should be hot lady something else in the Parise thread. Just my $0.02.

#19 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

The Kovy thread was so epic that people were getting Holy Ghost power from it.

It had ninjas after all.

#20 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

I think we should change it up a little. If it was hot lady ninjas in the Kovy thread, it should be hot lady something else in the Parise thread. Just my $0.02.

maybe we should do a poll...
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users