175 replies to this topic

#41 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

This reminds me when the board criticized the rangers when they were seen at a bar after losing to the devils.

I remember it as only a few criticizing them for that (and I wasn't one of them).

I think it was more that it was the Rags doing it more than the fact they went to the club. If it was any other team we wouldn't care.

#42 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

Well at least the Devils had good sense to do something that the Kings weren't doing. I heard all the Kings players were lined up getting Rod Stewarted by Pierre McGuire.

WRONG. Quicky and the boys were at the local bar in Manhattan Beach, CA...this picture was sent to me this AM by my brother who was there.

http://us.mg3.mail.y...id=YahooMailNeo

Edited by mikepeluso8, 12 June 2012 - 03:23 PM.

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#43 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

ROFLMFAO. Daniel, that post made me crack a smile for the first time today. I needed that.

Did somebody say "crack"!!!!!!!!!

#44 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

I love Henrique saying "ZAchhhhhh come on man"....I bet Zach was blacked out and stumbling. Sounded like a bro being like, "come on bro, get it together"...hahaha. this is awesome.

Pretty sure the closer photographer called him Zach and Henrique was responding to that like "You think I'm Zach Parise? come on".

#45 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Pretty sure the closer photographer called him Zach and Henrique was responding to that like "You think I'm Zach Parise? come on".

hahaha. good call, you are probably right. either way, Adam's reaction is priceless.

#46 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

WRONG. Quicky and the boys were at the local bar in Manhattan Beach, CA...this picture was sent to me this AM by my brother who was there.

http://us.mg3.mail.y...id=YahooMailNeo

Mikepeluso8; the most serious poster on the forum, Ladies and Gentlemen!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#47 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,785 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Very classy

after a loss like that its not true that a stupid moron with a camera could have caught me on camera asking me "What happenneeeeddd??? What could you have done differently" without having that camera barely sticking out of his ass not too long after

www.SterioDesign.com

#48 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

Very classy

after a loss like that its not true that a stupid moron with a camera could have caught me on camera asking me "What happenneeeeddd??? What could you have done differently" without having that camera barely sticking out of his ass not too long after

See now THAT would have been stupid.

That's why you are posting on a message board and these guys are making the big bucks...THAT's a dumbass move.

#49 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Mikepeluso8; the most serious poster on the forum, Ladies and Gentlemen!

Well, he seriously can't post a link!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#50 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Everybody handles things differently. Some guys do this to forget about disappointment for a little, some would go to the hotel, call their kids, family member whatever, sleep for 12 hours and some would play video games.

If a player "doesn't care" about the results of the game and how they played I am sure that would be evident after just one game of them being on the team.

There is no correlation between player A going to a bar after a loss and Player A not caring about said loss.

If player A goes to the bar after every game and gets wasted, shows up drunk to practices and games, and otherwise doesn't give a crap about the game and the team then i would say it is time for that player to go.

#51 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Well, he seriously can't post a link!

I have the pictures in my email.

Enlighten me. I am no IT guru...and I don't spend my life on a message board.

Tell me how to post them and I will.

#52 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

It had to be said, I think the "we weren't even supposed to be here" or "this season is already a win" mentalities are getting to everyone's head. Sure it's a decent way to look at this but when you're two games away from being the best in the sport, then you roll over and your first reaction is to hit the clubs?

Yeah I know, how dare they not sit in their hotel rooms and cry all night. They obviously don't care about winning at all. Please.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#53 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Yeah I know, how dare they not sit in their hotel rooms and cry all night. They obviously don't care about winning at all. Please.

This thread is getting stupid now. Honestly, it is over. They decided to go out for some bonding time after the season was over, I am over it.

#54 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

I have the pictures in my email.

Enlighten me. I am no IT guru...and I don't spend my life on a message board.

Tell me how to post them and I will.

You'll have to save them to your computer and upload them in a gallery here (not sure if that's been turned off to save bandwidth at the moment) or upload it to something like Photobucket.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#55 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

I think the feeling of losing the Cup two seconds after the final buzzer sounds would be worse than anything they could experience sitting around sulking.

It all revolves around that moment. Even the winning team loses the moment after awhile.

#56 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

It had to be said, I think the "we weren't even supposed to be here" or "this season is already a win" mentalities are getting to everyone's head. Sure it's a decent way to look at this but when you're two games away from being the best in the sport, then you roll over and your first reaction is to hit the clubs?

What would you prefer? Locking themselves in dark rooms listening to The Cure and weeping ever so softly? They lost. They did their best and it's over. They spent one last night together before they come to Jersey to split up.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#57 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

When I was a kid I lost the championship series in little league. That night my mom brought me to Carvel. What's the difference?

#58 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Who gives a sh!t that they went out and partied?? They deserve a night out, they are the ones broke their asses to make it to the finals.

Was a great run and looking forward to next season.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#59 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,021 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

When I was a kid I lost the championship series in little league. That night my mom brought me to Carvel. What's the difference?

Seriously, what a non-story this whole thing. TMZ is nothing but a bunch of a parasites trying to make things out of nothing and are always looking to paint people with a bad image whether they deserve it or not.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 12 June 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#60 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

good for them. Walking out like that I would have thought ok, so TMZ covers hockey or something now? Their cameramen can be some annoying a$$holes. So what, are they supposed to go sit in a dark cellar and sulk after losing? :evil:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users