175 replies to this topic

#61 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:53 PM

Well at least the Devils had good sense to do something that the Kings weren't doing. I heard all the Kings players were lined up getting Rod Stewarted by Pierre McGuire.

Lol I knew this was Carp before looking up at the name. To add to the "thanks yous". I just wanna thank every poster on NJDevs and especially DM, MSweet and Rowdy for making all this possible. The success alone was sweet, but being able to share it with other die hard Devils fans was even sweeter. I'm gonna miss those chats where we would play GM after every loss and STILL complain after a win haha.

#62 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I definitely would have taken the camera and smashed it..

Sweet Jesus please prevent that fake fukwad city from ever winning another Stanley Cup or we'll have to see more of this obnoxious bullsh!t.

#63 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

When I was a kid I lost the championship series in little league. That night my mom brought me to Carvel. What's the difference?

Damn! I wish we had a Carvel in lol.
When I was a kid we lost our playoff. We got orange slices and the I told this bully kid on my team to fvck off.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#64 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

I hate TMZ. Help turning the country into a bunch of judgemental morons. Being a professional athlete is being able to get over a loss quick. Sure its a bigger lose but if these guys weren't able to do it (like Marty does so well) they wouldn't be where they got to begin with. I would love to be a reporter for them. My first day, id be like "What do i do"? and they'd be like "Film and stalk people you recognize on TV" and then i'd follow them all around and ask them demeaning questions like that high school smart ass we always wanted to punch in the face. My other beef with TMZ is they got rid of showing 2 old Simpson episodes to put them in. IT used to be one older good episode from the mid 90's era and then a newer crappy one. Now its just a new crappy one you saw two weeks before where Flanders takes homer to isreal.

Players lose, they go out afterwards. Otherwise they'd go nuts from the emotions. I heard Trent Dilfer say this in an interview. I remember him saying he'd go out in Tampa to a restaurant after one of his bomb games and have fans in the restaurant cursing him out (as a buc fan, i'd think the fans would have been used to the losses back then) all of this in front of his wife and kids. Of course that's a whole other problem for athletes.

In conclusion, screw TMZ.

#65 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Greene looks PISSED. Josefeson was like a little kid and Greene was yelling at him to get in the limo.

Bernier was hilarious, he took the camera guys question seriously.

The LA King organization, players, and fans deserved this championship but not the millions of others who are now "champions".

#66 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

i think i would only be worried if they didn't party or celebrating after making the stanley cup finals

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#67 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

and yea TMZ is such a bullsh!t company.

the whole theory of people obsessing over the lives of other people to the extent that they watch pathetic reality tv shows and support the following of celebrities from people with cameras that say TMZ on them

i hate you TMZ, you pussies are turning the media of this country into a piece of sh!t and your only followers are pathetic teenagers

#68 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't have a problem with it at all. These guys have been going full throttle for the most part since late September. Add in all the ups and downs of a season, the travel, the injuries/illnesses, and wins and losses.

Going out one final night to have a drink with your teammates is not a big deal and they were stuck in LA as it is for the night until returning home. If this loss happened Saturday, there's a good chance all of them just leave and go home after the game. Many of these guys have families they have to get to as well and probably won't talk to most of the teammates until they return for camp, if they return at all.

Good chance some of these guys knew they might not be back and wanted one last time together.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#69 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,312 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

I used to watch TMZ a lot and most of the time the camera men are morons. I think they say things just to try to be funny

I don't have a problem with what they did. The Patriots when they lost the Super Bowl went out after and partied. I think Gronkowski ripped off his shirt at the party and one of the linemen was dancing foolishly

I like the fact that they went out as a TEAM because who knows if some of their teammates will ever be back.

#70 daneyko_booster

daneyko_booster

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

Win or lose, we always booze!
Official Keeper of Ken Daneyko's missing teeth, Jeff Friesen's moustache, Shanahan's Pub in the CAA concourse (only place you could buy Guinness). Unofficial Keeper of Wayne Gretzky's perm.

#71 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

not having to deal with paparazzi has to be such a great lure for free agents coming to nj. you have easy access to everything nyc offers, great place to raise a family, chance to compete for a cup, with the cap the pay is going to be market rate for the most part and on top of it all you have almost no media pressure. sounds like the ideal set up to me.

#72 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

and yea TMZ is such a bullsh!t company.

the whole theory of people obsessing over the lives of other people to the extent that they watch pathetic reality tv shows and support the following of celebrities from people with cameras that say TMZ on them

i hate you TMZ, you pussies are turning the media of this country into a piece of sh!t and your only followers are pathetic teenagers

Newsflash:

Not a THEORY...

REALITY.

Turn on the television...
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#73 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

not having to deal with paparazzi has to be such a great lure for free agents coming to nj. you have easy access to everything nyc offers, great place to raise a family, chance to compete for a cup, with the cap the pay is going to be market rate for the most part and on top of it all you have almost no media pressure. sounds like the ideal set up to me.

REALLY?!?!?!?

Where do you think in the NHL teams deal with paparazzi? Montreal? Ottawa? Calgary? Dallas? Tampa? DC? Vancouver? Nashville? Columbus?

COME ON MAN.

The level of ignorance and oblivion on this site is really, really surprising.

Is there anyone on here who has EVER left NJ?

#74 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Newsflash:

Not a THEORY...

REALITY.

Turn on the television...

i meant idea. whatever, get off my dick

#75 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

i guess its their job but the paparazzi is so annoying..leave the devils alone..go bother the kings lmao

Edited by devs82fan, 13 June 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#76 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu

Wow, classy dbag yelling "fvck New Jersey".

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#77 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Morons (the LA fans): http://www.youtube.c...&feature=relmfu

Edited by mrthemike, 12 June 2012 - 11:16 PM.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#78 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

i guess its their job but the paparazzi is so annoying..leave the devils alone..go bother the kings lmao

#79 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Someone gets pissed (Sykora?) because they are videotaping them and Zubrus in a car with a hot blonde...Zubrus then gets out and gets his own cab...

Zubie afraid his wife is going to find out he is taking a hot blonde home?

#80 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Janssen too...is this his wife?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users