#141 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

Maybe I'm naive...
Clarkson doesn't like a guy whose cheating... why is he taking the girl Poni was making out with back with him? Maybe he's just a dumbass but he seems to care too little about the cameras for a guy cheating.
Sure he's drunk... I've never been enough to completely forget about where I am and what's going around me while still being able to walk.
Sure these girls look like hoes...but hockey players marry hoes.
The only one who looks shady is Zubs and Sykora (who might not even be married?)
This kind of stuff makes you want to speculate and assume the worst... But you assume the best just as easily in most of these cases.
As for the partying after the game.... They all look pretty depressed to me.

DEPRESSED???

They are drunk man!

Clarkson doesn't look like hes cheating?

O that's right, he has the cab driver PULL AROUND THE CORNER, wait ten minutes, cameras go away, come back, and finally catch the HOOKERS getting into the limo with him...

I really can't believe the ignorance around here.

Clarkson IS A CHEATER.

We are over it.

Is it me or does the girl in the brown shorts in that video look like she has pi$$ed herself?

Classy.........

Oh yeah because that first statement is no form of judgement......

I DID pass judgement.

But I WONT say "o no, god forbid" or "they shouldn't be doing that".
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#142 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

Sometimes I thing a gossip site like TMZ makes things look different
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#143 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

I think you guys should jump to more conclusions.

#144 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

These videos don't put Zubes/Sykora/Poni and Clarkie in a good light... but its gossip garbage...

theres so much context missing from these videos, you can't (and shouldn't) jump to conclusions about cheating or whatever... sure they look drunk and what not ,but damn, if i was on the devils and i lost, id get drunk as hell too.
before these videos came out, we never knew nor cared about what the Devils did the second they stepped off the ice and into the world, suddenly, we know their lives and are judging them on 30 seconds of gossip video from one night in Los Angeles

whatever... if they wanna go out and party. i hope they had a good time, and they deserve to enjoy themselves.
POTATO!!!

#145 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

^^^
whs

#146 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#147 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

At least they seem to be scoring some talent...unlike Mad dog a couple years back lol

#148 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

Well this got the deadspin (obviously) treatment including a link to the thread. I guess it made the TMZ TV Show too.

http://deadspin.com/...eir-game-6-loss

Edited by devilsrule33, 13 June 2012 - 10:34 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#149 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Well this got the deadspin (obviously) treatment including a link to the thread. I guess it made the TMZ TV Show too.

Edit lol i'm dumb you noted that ha.

It's notable because they're pro athletes, and because a good number of them are married, and because (this should never be underestimated when judging newsworthiness) it's really, really funny. Adam Larsson smoking a cigarette! Adam Henrique getting pissed when a cameraman calls him "Zach!" Dainius Zubrus with a blonde on his lap in the back of a taxi! Andy Greene rounding up wayward teammates like a dad at Chuck E. Cheese! David Clarkson walking into a parking meter as he gets on a party bus with two girls!

Pretty sure some editor read out thread and lifted our analysis of what happened.

You're welcome?

Edited by squishyx, 13 June 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#150 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Some of you guys are a bit too naive. Regardless, I'm sure the players talked on the team flight home about how great it is to play in New Jersey. You don't realize how huge one of the positives is of playing in a place like this until you go to a place like LA (or even Toronto for that matter). It's a hockey player's hockey team; if you're looking for fame or to be on magazine covers, go elsewhere. Considering the type of players Lou brings over here, their personalities and demeanor, you can tell they're the type of players that appreciate playing here.

#151 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

sh!t man, I just wanted this whole thing to go away. Even though the players have no clue who I am, I genuinely care about them and don't want them to have to be embarrassed of their actions. It's a shame that this will get blown out of proportion.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#152 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

They'll be alright, half of these players are already on their way to their vacation homes or other countries by tomorrow. I don't think they or their families keep tabs on the media, especially sites like TMZ or Deadspin.

#153 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

They quote and reference this board.

AWESOME

It's getting worse....alllllllllll of it on TMZ...funny ass sh!t
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#154 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:22 PM

I'm really living up to my title.

Edited by mrthemike, 13 June 2012 - 02:24 PM.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#155 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

A lot of pro athletes wives are like musicians wives---there is a certain level of understanding--- however the protocol of not having it thrown in their faces is usually a major rule. Hell, I know a certain NHL referees wife who is not only on board with the arrangement but plays by the same rules.

#156 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Regarding their "moral contributions to society," its very easy to judge our players when we see things like this, especially when they're part of an organization that likes to shroud internal matters in secrecy and in a hermetically sealed jar.

We're all sinners. Even Lou Lamoriello sins. Nothing to do about that. We're humans. Gotta ask God to forgive. And He will.

However, my issue is that they're not public with their shenanigans normally, and they picked the worst night of the year to exhibit their crappola, both on the ice and off.

#157 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

Its been so long since we had this kind of drama, Flashdancers being the last time eh?

Funny that deadspin linked to us, I read that place all the time.

#158 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

Its been so long since we had this kind of drama, Flashdancers being the last time eh?

I've heard of something with that but out of the loop with that. What is the story about Flashdancers?

#159 LA03

LA03

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Hahah my mom even saw these videos and she seriously asked, "wait? Are those 2 women hookers?!"

#160 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

That thread turned out quite interesting. I don't think it can be repeated with the current crew though!
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users