Photo

Anybody Tired of the Kings as underdogs nonsense?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

It is similar to the Rangers and the way they were portrayed in the playoffs. Weren't they the number one seed? Oh yes, they were.

If anything the Kings barely made the playoffs because of their own play. The talent on that team doesn't justify an 8th seed at all. They remind me of the Florida Marlins when they won the WS both times. The Marlins were GOOD both years.

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Doesn't really bother me at all.

#3 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

It is similar to the Rangers and the way they were portrayed in the playoffs. Weren't they the number one seed? Oh yes, they were.

If anything the Kings barely made the playoffs because of their own play. The talent on that team doesn't justify an 8th seed at all. They remind me of the Florida Marlins when they won the WS both times. The Marlins were GOOD both years.

Any team that wins the cup is good. They were an 8th seed and defeated the 1,2, and 3 seed to make the finals. It is actually very impressive. They played very well in the 2nd half.

It'd be like if the Devils managed to make the playoffs last year and went on to the cup. Of course they would be considered underdogs, even if they played great from January on.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#4 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

An 8 seed winning it all is an interesting narrative for casual fans I guess.

The more interesting story to me though is seeing that the team changed dramatically post Sutter hire / Carter trade, and trying to figure out what exactly caused this to happen.

Terry Murray I think was just a terrible fit for that team, and Sutter was a great one.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users