• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 Kovys Puck

Kovys Puck

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

July 1st can't come fast enough. All these rumors and quotes are making me very optimistic about him returning.

#42 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

No one is going to outbid the Wild’ on Parise

not surprising but they arent holding back letting everyone know if Parise waits he'll get a boat load from at least one team
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,004 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

They're definitely letting his agents know...it borders on tampering really, except that the guy who spilled the beans doesn't technically work for the team, but he does know the owner and talked to him.

Thing with the Wild is, if they can't win they gotta keep the fans' interest some way. That's why Zach's so important to them. And whatever you want to say about them as a franchise, Minnesota isn't a ****hole that people run to avoid like Long Island, or out in the middle of nowhere and fifty below zero like Edmonton who FA's also avoid, price be damned.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 13 June 2012 - 09:17 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

They're definitely letting his agents know...it borders on tampering really, except that the guy who spilled the beans doesn't technically work for the team, but he does know the owner and talked to him.

Thing with the Wild is, if they can't win they gotta keep the fans' interest some way. That's why Zach's so important to them. And whatever you want to say about them as a franchise, Minnesota isn't a ****hole that people run to avoid like Long Island, or out in the middle of nowhere and fifty below zero like Edmonton who FA's also avoid price be damned.

The Wild haven't made the playoffs since 2008. They had 98.4% attendance last year. I don't really think they are clamoring for a draw here. I mean, they're going to make a big offer to Parise, but they're not doing it necessarily to get better attendance.

The thing about the salary cap is that the more one player takes, the less there is for other players. The Wild have some decent prospects, but they are miles away from contending for anything.

Edited by Triumph, 13 June 2012 - 09:24 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#45 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

Wild need offense offense offense. They are already set on defense and goal tending. Should be interesting to see what moves they make if they do not get Parise.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#46 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:28 PM

I'll believe him when he inks a new deal with us or goes somewhere else that's not NYC.
Posted Image Posted Image

#47 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:52 AM

Well I think that would bring a sh!tstorm of hate if Zach were to go with the Rainjahs. Pull a Gomer, or a MacLean, or a Driver, or a Sykora (he made up for playing with them) or a Holik. Glad we won't see him there at least. I think Zach is smart enough to know he'd be selling out going there and it would destroy his career playing with that group of primadonnas

Mac and Sykora went there after they had already been dealt by the Devils to other teams. I never held anything against them for playing for the Rangers.

Driver's signing with the Rangers really didn't bother me much...not sure why exactly, it just didn't.

Holik and Gomez got so much damned coin that I could understand why they did what they did, though deep down inside, I think they both knew there was no way they were ever going to live up to those contracts. The Holik one was just beyond silly. Poor Gomez is just an easily manipulated dummy, or at least that's how he's alwasy come off in interviews. I don't think he had any idea what he was getting himself into...like some other ex-Devils, I think he knows now the Devils were probably the best setting for him.

Rangers look like they should be a contending team for a while, so I don't think Zach would necessarily be making a mistake if he wanted to go there. It was nice to hear him say "No" to the Rangers, to put himself out there like that, but I don't know how much that means in the long run...we'll find out soon enough.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#48 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,004 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

Well we can see why he said no to the Rangers now that Minnesota offered him enough money to own the team...even the Rangers wouldn't do that :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#49 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Tweets from My Ranger Fan Buddy Last Night:

We all know #Parise loves NJ - question is can they pay him - someone will offer front loaded deal

Big words - I will bet you any amount of $$$ he's not a Devil come the start of 2012. Just name the amount.

2.5 wks to go until July 1 - start the countdown

Hey - Parise resigns w #njd Drinks @watersidecafe on me one Fri evening - if not - on you? Deal?

*Just another douchebag Ranger fan...he prides himself on being a "knowledgeable" sports fan, but is he off with this one? I have a good feeling about Zach remaining here, but apparently the rest of the league knows something we don't?
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#50 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

*Just another douchebag Ranger fan...he prides himself on being a "knowledgeable" sports fan, but is he off with this one? I have a good feeling about Zach remaining here, but apparently the rest of the league knows something we don't?

The rest of the league sees 'big name free agent', 'boring Devils', and 'ownership issues' and immediately draw the conclusion of 'Parise can't wait to leave.'
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#51 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

I heard a rumor that Parise is looking to sign with Tampa Bay. And by heard I mean I completely made it up just now.
Devils.

#52 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

July 1st can't come fast enough. All these rumors and quotes are making me very optimistic about him returning.

"I would never play for Detroit, that's how much I hate them" - Chris Chelios

"I'm a Dallas Star. These are my friends; these are my teammates. There's no one on my side demanding anything or trying to do anything. I do understand, though, that Joe needs to do a job. He's got to look out for what's best for the franchise. That's the business we're in and it happens all the time. There's no hard feelings." - Brad Richards

I hope Zach's quote is true and he means it. I really do. However with history showing us what it has I think these type of things should be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by TheMazz, 14 June 2012 - 05:33 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#53 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

"I would never play for Detroit, that's how much I hate them" - Chris Chelios

"I'm a Dallas Star. These are my friends; these are my teammates. There's no one on my side demanding anything or trying to do anything. I do understand, though, that Joe needs to do a job. He's got to look out for what's best for the franchise. That's the business we're in and it happens all the time. There's no hard feelings." - Brad Richards

I hope Zach's quote is true and he means it. I really do. However with history showing us what it has I think these type of things should be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't see what that has to do with anything

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#54 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

I don't see what that has to do with anything

Well in quote one we have Chelios saying that he would never play for Detroit. Which he ended up doing. Quote two has Brad Richards saying that he is a Dallas Star and was talking up how much he loves the organization the entire quote. Didn't resign with them the season after.

n2eg.jpg

#55 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,004 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Yeah and Chelios probably said that like ten years before actually going to Detroit, not two weeks.

I'm not even worried about the Rangers now anyway, they're not going to mach Minnesota's ginormous offer lol, and they don't offer a better chance at winning or an opportunity to be the captain and face of the team like the Devils do either.

Well in quote one we have Chelios saying that he would never play for Detroit. Which he ended up doing. Quote two has Brad Richards saying that he is a Dallas Star and was talking up how much he loves the organization the entire quote. Didn't resign with them the season after.

It's an innocuous quote though (the Richards one), 99.9% of people who are playing on the team are going to publicly say they love it at the time they're on it. It's not saying he'll never leave.

#56 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

It's an innocuous quote though (the Richards one), 99.9% of people who are playing on the team are going to publicly say they love it at the time they're on it. It's not saying he'll never leave.

Yeah, that was the quote I had in bold.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#57 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

He's not speaking in the same way that Zach is in that quote. Everyone knew he was leaving Dallas. I'm not saying Zach won't leave, but that is much more boilerplate 'I'm leaving' than what Zach is doing.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#58 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

What Minnesota did is definitely close to tamperinggggggggggggggg

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#59 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

if the Leafs got fined for tampering when Wilson talked about their interest in the Sedins i dont know why the wild isnt tampering now... i guess because it wasnt said "directly" in a press conference or wtv

www.SterioDesign.com

#60 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

What Minnesota did is definitely close to tamperinggggggggggggggg

Granlund as the penalty. Get it done Lou!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users