55 replies to this topic

#41 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

The column was dopey, but damn! this has been a very entertaining thread to read :)

To All my Fellow Devil's Fans! :cheers:

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,775 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Scotty Dipsh!t is the kind of guy that would give Sean Avery a blumkin and not have any second thoughts. And Jester, if you're reading, tell him I said so. K?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

There was little draw to the series until the Devils created the possibility they could create history. This dream, spun almost entirely by Martin Brodeur’s resolve, created the only drama in the Final that lacked marquee value or established stars of renown other than the one in the Devils crease.

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...I#ixzz1xo51WdOS

Really, Larry? No star power?

#44 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

I have a friend who always retweets this idiot. I want to bash my computer or phone in when I read his retweets especially during our series with them and the SCF.

Funny how Ranger "fans" come out after jerking off to their 94 boxset, when the Devils are losing. Ranger fans act like the group of kids with downs syndrome who get rewarded for having the highest test grades in their little group. It's cute.
Posted Image Posted Image

#45 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

I have a friend who always retweets this idiot. I want to bash my computer or phone in when I read his retweets especially during our series with them and the SCF.

Funny how Ranger "fans" come out after jerking off to their 94 boxset, when the Devils are losing. Ranger fans act like the group of kids with downs syndrome who get rewarded for having the highest test grades in their little group. It's cute.

...turn off his retweets? Simple solution is simple.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#46 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

Hey guys if you aren't tired of hearing about 1994 then tune in to MSG for another full day of seeing the Knicks run to the championship finals yet again!

#47 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

The best thing about the eulogy is that it was written AFTER the rangers eulogy. 'Nuff said.
Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#48 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

The Devils didn't need to win this year to kill the demons of 94 as they've gotten 3 after that.

I wish Wysh on Puck Daddy or when he's on a podcast would quit with the Brodeur fat jokes. I know he does it so he doesn't come across as too much of a Devils homer but its tired, played out and not funny. If they were funny then maybe but ehh. (I know he didn't write this but I just wanted to bring it up)

#49 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

This is extremely accurate. The Met fans I know are not beating their chests over '86...if anything, they're lamenting the following:

1) The lost opportunity at a dynasty given their talent back then, especially on the mound
2) The fact that it is now 26 years and counting since the Mets last won a World Series
3) The fact that the other team in NY is a hell of a lot more successful than they've been for many years (and counting).

Yeah, it's definitely NOT "The Mets won the World Series in '86!" Much more like "Geez, this friggin' team hasn't won since '86? And has only been to the World Series once since then? And lost at home to the friggin' YANKEES?!"

Fans still celebrate the anti-hero status of that '86 team (well-chronicled in Jeff Pearlman's The Bad Guys Won), but Met fans realize that that '86 Championship isn't any more special or important than any that have followed...hell, the '69 Championship is probably remembered as being more special by those who lived to see both of them.

A++++ EXACTLY that team was SUPPOSED to win, then it was followed by the scosia HR and both of our homegrouwn legends spiraling into drug abuse. at least lenny dykstra has done well for himself LOL

Screw the rags fans an their one self-important cup. they are a flawed team

#50 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

All of the Mets fans I know are decent people. They may be Yankee haters, but they're nothing like fvcking Rags fans in terms of bitterness. Their rage tends to be directed towards their own team. Rags fans tend to be Yankee fans as well, at least the Rags fans I know. Im a Yankee fan as well, but at the same time baseball is so low on my totem pole lately I don't really care.

#51 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

The big problem with Ranger fans is their arrogance. The entire world revolves around them. Thus, it's somehow a given that every single free agent is banging down the door to play in the Garden, until it turns out most don't care. Also any minor success is somehow historic. Seriously they were talking about the Gaborik triple OT winner as some kind of monumental achievement. That explains the banner raisings for Giacomin, Gilbert and Graves.

At least with the Yankees they actually win, and most Yankee fans are honest that the success is a large product of how much they can spend.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#52 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

Well considering that NYers are still moaning about the Dodgers leaving for LA you can expect references to the 1994 NYR for another 50 years at least.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

#53 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,753 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

The big problem with Ranger fans is their arrogance. The entire world revolves around them. Thus, it's somehow a given that every single free agent is banging down the door to play in the Garden, until it turns out most don't care. Also any minor success is somehow historic. Seriously they were talking about the Gaborik triple OT winner as some kind of monumental achievement. That explains the banner raisings for Giacomin, Gilbert and Graves.

At least with the Yankees they actually win, and most Yankee fans are honest that the success is a large product of how much they can spend.

I didn't have a problem with Graves' number being retired...for one, he did accomplish a lot with that organization, and is the poster boy for the guy who got the absolute most out of his talent...he did some terrific things in a Ranger uniform, and spent 10 years there, with many of those seasons being productive. Second, he's a great franchise guy, with all of the charity work that he does...he's a great guy to have as one of the faces of your organization. There isn't a franchise in the NHL that wouldn't have been proud to have him on its team...I would've loved for him to have been a Devil, and I can't say that about too many Rangers.

My only problem with the Rangers retiring his number was that I wondered what the ceremony was going to be about...Graves the player/all-around great person (there was more than enough there to celebrate Graves' on- and off-ice accomplishments), or yet another reason to re-hash '94. From what I remember I think that event fell somewhere in the middle...I guess knowing the Rangers it could have been worse...bringing the Cup into the building for Messier's jersey retirement was kind of a joke.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#54 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Went to a Ranger game at the Garden this year and they have 3 intro videos.. Welcome to NYC, Welcome to The Garden, and a third video half of which shows '94 highlights and the other half shows some stuff about the current team.. I thought it was hilarious

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#55 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

So I was at Jenkinson's in Point Pleasant Beach tonight and saw an EMO kid drenched in sweat at one of those techno dance video game machines wearing and LA Kings Champions T-shirt. I have yet to explan why I let the loser keep his life.

#56 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

So I was at Jenkinson's in Point Pleasant Beach tonight and saw an EMO kid drenched in sweat at one of those techno dance video game machines wearing and LA Kings Champions T-shirt. I have yet to explan why I let the loser keep his life.

#defendjersey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users