48 replies to this topic

#41 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,441 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

Thanks for all your explanation... i was thinking something like that.
I mean it's natural to feel the way you feel. To finally have a sweet revenge and some ammos to shut up all these rangers "fans"...

I get all that.
But here. Here... in this particular forum ? DevilsFan26 just say that "this site is pretty much the only place we have where we can just talk hockey with other Devils fans" ... Aren't you tempted to only talk about hockey & Devils ... and not the same hateful routine that you have to endure all the time " outside " ?

Again. I don't wanna sound direspectful and i'm not here to change the way you wanna deal with this relation. I'm no one. Sometimes, i'm just amazed by the number of post about the Rangers.

For me it's the perfect victory when my enemy aren't even relevant.
But i guess, rivalry is fun.. and if it's one of the engine that make this great great forum have so much life, keep going like that !

It's like I said, every now and then the hatred just needs to be vented. There really weren't that many posts about the Rangers during the season (I personally was so focused on what the Devils were doing I didn't really pay the Rangers much mind, especially when it became clear that the Devils weren't going to catch them in the standings), and two things have influenced the number of Ranger posts as of late:

1) The fact that the Devils played them in the ECF...if they hadn't you probably wouldn't have heard as much about them, and

2) Matteau#32 poking his head in here to stir the pot, and confidently stating time and time again that the Rangers would take the series.

Beating the Rangers in the playoffs is a big deal around here...before that, for the most part they'd clearly had the Devils' number in the playoffs, and that's a major sore spot when it's your chief rival. And what makes it more annoying is that when the Devils beat the Rangers in the playoffs in both '06 and '12, Ranger fans couldn't give the Devils credit either time...it wasn't what the Devils did, it was all about what the Rangers didn't do.

Anyway, the latest round of Ranger hatred is just about over, so you probably won't see too many more posts about them. We'll have enough on our plates soon enough, with free agency, another lockout looming...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 15 June 2012 - 06:48 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

It's like I said, every now and then the hatred just needs to be vented. There really weren't that many posts about the Rangers during the season (I personally was so focused on what the Devils were doing I didn't really pay the Rangers much mind, especially when it became clear that the Devils weren't going to catch them in the standings), and two things have influenced the number of Ranger posts as of late:

1) The fact that the Devils played them in the ECF...if they hadn't you probably wouldn't have heard as much about them, and

2) Matteau#32 poking his head in here to stir the pot, and confidently stating time and time again that the Rangers would take the series.

Beating the Rangers in the playoffs is a big deal around here...before that, for the most part they'd clearly had the Devils' number in the playoffs, and that's a major sore spot when it's your chief rival. And what makes it more annoying is that when the Devils beat the Rangers in the playoffs in both '06 and '12, Ranger fans couldn't give the Devils credit either time...it wasn't what the Devils did, it was all about what the Rangers didn't do.

Anyway, the latest round of Ranger hatred is just about over, so you probably won't see too many more posts about them. We'll have enough on our plates soon enough, with free agency, another lockout looming...

I also move to make it a board rule that we close any Ranger or Ranger fan related thread with the following three words: HENRIQUE!!! ITS OVER!!!!
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:01 AM

Oh i know that... It's not like it's my first season on njdevs ; )

#44 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Oh i know that... It's not like it's my first season on njdevs ; )

:hah: n00b

:ph34r:

;)

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#45 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:22 AM

I also move to make it a board rule that we close any Ranger or Ranger fan related thread with the following three words: HENRIQUE!!! ITS OVER!!!!

I second this.

n2eg.jpg

#46 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

But here. Here... in this particular forum ? DevilsFan26 just say that "this site is pretty much the only place we have where we can just talk hockey with other Devils fans" ... Aren't you tempted to only talk about hockey & Devils ... and not the same hateful routine that you have to endure all the time " outside " ?

This is the only place we can really vent. There's something to be said for that as well as for intelligent hockey talk. I come here for both, hence I don't mind Matteau being on the board, but I'd have a problem with him poking his nose in this thread.

Edited by mouse, 15 June 2012 - 02:47 PM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#47 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,021 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

I hate talking to Ranger fans so much that when I meet new people I don't even mention hockey and if I find out they are Ranger fans then I don't even bring up the subject.

99.9% of the time I'd rather not talk about hockey then have to talk to a Rangers fan. fvck the rangers and their sh!t fans.

The older I've gotten the less I want to talk to or deal with fans of other teams. fvck em all.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 15 June 2012 - 02:55 PM.

#48 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:06 PM

I hate talking to Ranger fans so much that when I meet new people I don't even mention hockey and if I find out they are Ranger fans then I don't even bring up the subject.

99.9% of the time I'd rather not talk about hockey then have to talk to a Rangers fan. fvck the rangers and their sh!t fans.

The older I've gotten the less I want to talk to or deal with fans of other teams. fvck em all.

That post exemplifies to the word the way I feel too. Especially the last part. fvck 'em.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#49 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

I've been lucky. There are a couple of real cool Rags fans at work. They even tell the rest of the Rags fans to shut up so I don't have to. I told one of them he was a Devils fan who rooted for the wrong team, and he didn't even take it personally because he got what I meant. I know they're the exception -- there are a ton of moron Rags fans in the building, and 2 or 3 good ones, but it makes me more willing to talk hockey and see where it goes.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users