54 replies to this topic

#1 cgosha21

cgosha21

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

Since the Devils decided to keep the draft pick this year, is there any news or update on them having a draft party/stick sale? I know last year they held it on the 1st night of the draft, but partly due to them having the 4th pick or they gonna go back to the Saturday sale?

#2 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Since the Devils decided to keep the draft pick this year, is there any news or update on them having a draft party/stick sale? I know last year they held it on the 1st night of the draft, but partly due to them having the 4th pick or they gonna go back to the Saturday sale?

The first thing to do would be to check the pru center calendar.

Idol Auditions on Saturday the 23rd - so id say its gonna be a zoo there

nothing on friday 22nd. Thats my best bet!
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#3 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

The first thing to do would be to check the pru center calendar.

Idol Auditions on Saturday the 23rd - so id say its gonna be a zoo there

nothing on friday 22nd. Thats my best bet!

I think you are probably right. Looks like first round will be on the 22nd and they usually tie the sale to the draft day.

#4 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

MUST get Elias sticks, I cannot play without any other sticks since I used his.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#5 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:47 AM

MUST get Elias sticks, I cannot play without any other sticks since I used his.

Do you have any left? I'd like to see the curve if you can take a picture or something?

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#6 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

Do you have any left? I'd like to see the curve if you can take a picture or something?

I currently have one left that I am using. I will send a pic when I get home from work.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#7 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Any info on this?!?

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#8 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Any info on this?!?

Havent heard anything about it

Edited by fsu1852, 17 June 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#9 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

Devils are notoriously slow with this, don't expect news until a couple of days before the draft.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Yeah they really need to jump on this sucker, no reggeaton concert or anything else going on at the Rock that night.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Maybe they are trying to trade the pick so Lou told them to hold off on announcing a draft party for now. I too have been hoping for some info because I need new gloves and a new stick.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#12 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Im on my phone right now so i cant link to it, but on the devils website in the twitter section they answered somebody's question about the equipment sale and it just says "some day during the summer." Its very vague but it doesnt sound like it will be this friday.

#13 montec24

montec24

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

American Idol is at the Rock from Wednesday through Saturday for auditions. With all that chaos going on I'm not sure the Devils have enough room in the building for a draft party or equipment sale.

#14 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

Im on my phone right now so i cant link to it, but on the devils website in the twitter section they answered somebody's question about the equipment sale and it just says "some day during the summer." Its very vague but it doesnt sound like it will be this friday.

For those as curious as me..

http://twitter.com/N...831249800445953

@scrowley_17 we will have a sale sometime over the summer no date confirmed yet.

#15 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:35 PM

For those as curious as me..

http://twitter.com/N...831249800445953

Damnit... 2nd year in a row they screw this up

#16 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:01 AM

They probably can't afford to pay for a party and the sale of sticks and equipment don't meet the expenses. Wait for the bankruptcy sale.

#17 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

They probably can't afford to pay for a party and the sale of sticks and equipment don't meet the expenses. Wait for the bankruptcy sale.

Man you're miserable. Didn't take long for the fun of the playoffs to fade, huh?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#18 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,055 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

American Idol is at the Rock from Wednesday through Saturday for auditions. With all that chaos going on I'm not sure the Devils have enough room in the building for a draft party or equipment sale.

People still watch that show?

For something that is every year promised by the team to STH as a perk (they offer the VIP tickets), the team certainly knows how to treat this as an after-thought. I have a feeling this will be like the "Open Practice" they had earlier in the year all over again.

#19 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

Man you're miserable. Didn't take long for the fun of the playoffs to fade, huh?

2,583 complete wastes of bandwith.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#20 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

People still watch that show?

For something that is every year promised by the team to STH as a perk (they offer the VIP tickets), the team certainly knows how to treat this as an after-thought. I have a feeling this will be like the "Open Practice" they had earlier in the year all over again.

After the playoffs we just had, it IS an afterthought. I'm pretty sure everyone in the organization was a little more preoccupied with four rounds of playoffs.

As someone else mentioned, if there's three days of American Idol tryouts or whatever in the building, what are you really gonna do? Sucks that it won't coincide with the draft, but I personally wouldn't mind a sale in the middle of the doldrums of summer to break things up a bit.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users