54 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

After the playoffs we just had, it IS an afterthought. I'm pretty sure everyone in the organization was a little more preoccupied with four rounds of playoffs.

As someone else mentioned, if there's three days of American Idol tryouts or whatever in the building, what are you really gonna do? Sucks that it won't coincide with the draft, but I personally wouldn't mind a sale in the middle of the doldrums of summer to break things up a bit.

Judging by my attendance at past draft/equipment sale parties, I doubt it takes 2 people more than a couple of days to throw this together.

Also yeah it would be alright if it is in the middle of the summer, but how much you bet they will do like they did with the Open Practice and annouce it during the week only days before. I know it is a lot of "maybe, maybe-not" but given the track record of this organization and how it runs events I wouldn't put it past them.

#22 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

My kids and I had a great time at the equipment sale, I'd love to do it again if I could :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#23 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

Per TG, there is no draft party, and no word on when/if ever there is an equipment sale.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#24 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

Devils whiff again

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#25 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,829 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Devils whiff again

The arena is already booked for an American Idol Audition. There will be thousands of people standing on line to sing horribly and maybe get on TV doing it. Where do you want them to hold the sale?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:05 PM

The arena is already booked for an American Idol Audition. There will be thousands of people standing on line to sing horribly and maybe get on TV doing it. Where do you want them to hold the sale?

I will concede it is for the better that they do not have the equipment sale/draft party during terrible singing tryouts.

I am just worried like I have said before they will handle the equipment sale which they have said will occur on a later date like how they handled the open practice this year.

We will see.

#27 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,829 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

I will concede it is for the better that they do not have the equipment sale/draft party during terrible singing tryouts.

I am just worried like I have said before they will handle the equipment sale which they have said will occur on a later date like how they handled the open practice this year.

We will see.

Oh, I agree they still have a chance to botch it. I'm just saying I really can't blame them for not doing it this weekend. It would be awesome to tie it into the rookie camp or something, but I can't see them doing something like that.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Oh, I agree they still have a chance to botch it. I'm just saying I really can't blame them for not doing it this weekend. It would be awesome to tie it into the rookie camp or something, but I can't see them doing something like that.

Of course they wouldnt tie it into the rookie camp because that would be fun and interesting.

I can picture it now they announce it on a random Tuesday in August and it happens 2 days later on that Thursday during a time when most people work.

#29 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Of course they wouldnt tie it into the rookie camp because that would be fun and interesting.

I can picture it now they announce it on a random Tuesday in August and it happens 2 days later on that Thursday during a time when most people work.

I know that would suck for pretty much everybody, but I'm kinda hoping that's what happens for selfish reasons. I finally have a job that pays me enough where I'll actually be able to buy some cool stuff this year and my schedule is pretty flexible, so here's to hoping for it being during the afternoon on a weekday. That way it'll be easier to get some sticks from players I actually care about. Though seeing as we're almost the same height(I seriously doubt he's actually 5'9" like he's listed at), I may grab a Tedenby one, which shouldn't be too hard, lol.

#30 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

Isn't that on Saturday? The draft starts Friday...

It could have been held in Amerihealth Pavilion again like it was last year....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#31 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,829 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

They could, but I'm pretty sure there were a lot of complaints about it being held there last year. People complained it was too small and that not enough people could get in.

#32 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

They could, but I'm pretty sure there were a lot of complaints about it being held there last year. People complained it was too small and that not enough people could get in.

Since when do they care about "people" complaining?!?!?

#33 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,829 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Since when do they care about "people" complaining?!?!?

So you're complaining about them not having the sale and draft party at a place that you would then complain is too small? It really doesn't sound like they can win here.

#34 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,406 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

Idol auditions are Thursday through Saturday, all day. No, you really couldn't hold a draft party at the same time, it would be too much of a circus.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#35 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

It doesn't bother me at all that there's no Draft Party this year...the only reason I've gone to the Draft Party in the past was for the equipment sale, and as long as they have a sale later in the summer, I'm content.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#36 Mahon

Mahon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

After Add'l further review, I spoke with my account rep earlier today. They stated no exact date but indicated the end of July. I hope this helps as some people try to figure out the date or need to take off to attend.

#37 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

So you're complaining about them not having the sale and draft party at a place that you would then complain is too small? It really doesn't sound like they can win here.

The AmeriHealth is not the ideal place to have it, but I would not complain about them having it there at all...

#38 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,829 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

The AmeriHealth is not the ideal place to have it, but I would not complain about them having it there at all...

Someone already posted that the American idol thing is running thurs-Saturday. It makes no sense to try to squeeze a few thousand more people in and logistically speaking it probably isn't possible.

#39 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

I wonder if we will have a draft party next year. :whistling:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#40 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil