438 replies to this topic

#21 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

One of Suter or Parise, if not both, will not make it to July 1st. Id not be surprised to see both stay put.

The names Im most intrigued by that I could see us bringing in realistically are Stoll and PA Parenteau. I've been a fan of trading for Stoll in the past and I think he'd be a good fit here. I just can't see it happening. Parenteau is more logical. I don't see Poni coming back, so we will probably replace someone on the offensive side.

If Sal isnt coming back, on the D side, I'd love to poach Carle from the Flyers, but he's going to get a raise from 3.4.

Resigning Zach and getting PA Parenteau would be great. Re-sign the 4th line too. Then we have the goaltending situation left. We could get Marty to come back cheap for one more year to mentor Wedgewood and split 60/40.

parise-zajac-zubrus
kovalchuk-henrique-parenteau
josefson-elias-clarkson
carter-gionta-bernier
boulton

greene-fayne
tallinder-larsson
zidlicky-volchenkov

marty
wedgewood

#22 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Wedgewood wont be in NJ next season. If anyone from the farm is up here it will be Frazee. He was with the team all through the Finals, not on roster, but I think hes going to get first crack. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Moose back.

#23 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

Wedgewood wont be in NJ next season. If anyone from the farm is up here it will be Frazee. He was with the team all through the Finals, not on roster, but I think hes going to get first crack. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Moose back.

it feels like frazee has been with us so long but yet he has seen such little action i always forget about him.

#24 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

Wedgewood definitely won't be up yet, but I also don't think they have much confidence in Frazee. I think it's gonna be moose or someone from outside the organization. Kinkaid isn't ready yet either.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#25 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Resigning Zach and getting PA Parenteau would be great. Re-sign the 4th line too. Then we have the goaltending situation left. We could get Marty to come back cheap for one more year to mentor Wedgewood and split 60/40.

parise-zajac-zubrus
kovalchuk-henrique-parenteau
josefson-elias-clarkson
carter-gionta-bernier
boulton

greene-fayne
tallinder-larsson
zidlicky-volchenkov

marty
wedgewood

If we do acquire Parenteau and re-sign Parise this offseason will be nothing short of a success. I rather have Moose resigned then going after the other options (Harding, Johnson, Gustavsson...) I like Harding and all but as others have mentioned he is injury prone. Montoya would be a decent option if we could sign him on the cheap. However, I think the Isles will offer him a contract extension.

Some tweeks to that previous lineup.

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus
Kovalchuk-Henrique-Parenteau
Elias-Josefson-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier
Boulton

Greene-Fayne
Tallinder-Larsson
Zidlicky-Volchenkov

Brodeur
Montoya

I salivate at the thought.

n2eg.jpg

#26 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

@jprutherford: The #stlblues have re-signed defenseman Barret Jackman. It's a three-year deal worth $9.5 million ($3, $3.25, $3.25).

#27 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,282 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Signing Doan is pretty interesting to me, I don't know if he would actually leave after all those years with the Jets / Coyotes but at the right price (and 2 years max) I think he'd be a good fit.

#28 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Signing Doan is pretty interesting to me, I don't know if he would actually leave after all those years with the Jets / Coyotes but at the right price (and 2 years max) I think he'd be a good fit.

I feel like he's gonna stay in PHX no matter what. He's suffered through some awful years and his team FINALLY made it past the 1st rd and all the way to the WCF. I doubt after finally seeing some success with them that he's just gonna up and leave.

#29 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

The Top 5 Free Agents that I want:

1. Zach Parise (obviously)
2. Ryan Suter (a man can dream)
3. Jason Garrison
4. PA Parenteau
5. Jaromir Jagr
25smul5.png

#30 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

If we do acquire Parenteau and re-sign Parise this offseason will be nothing short of a success.

FIFY

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#31 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

3. Jason Garrison
4. PA Parenteau
5. Jaromir Jagr

Would be nice if Garrison left the Eastern Conference all together. I don't want to see that shot in the playoffs again.

#32 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

3. Jason Garrison
4. PA Parenteau
5. Jaromir Jagr

your signature is hilarious. priceless

#33 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

#canucks have tried numerous times RT @TEAM1200Ottawa: According to rumors out of NY, the Rangers are shopping Brandon Dubinsky aggressively
22 minutes ago

Source: Jeff Angus' Twitter

n2eg.jpg

#34 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

#canucks have tried numerous times RT @TEAM1200Ottawa: According to rumors out of NY, the Rangers are shopping Brandon Dubinsky aggressively
22 minutes ago

Source: Jeff Angus' Twitter

hmmm very interesting. He's probably who torts referred to when he said someone had either given up or stopped trying in the playoffs

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#35 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Put this in the wrong thread, so putting it here

Josh Harding re-signed with Minnesota. Multi-year deal.

#36 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

hmmm very interesting. He's probably who torts referred to when he said someone had either given up or stopped trying in the playoffs

It might also have something to do with his $4.2M cap hit, lol. He also had a miserable first half to the season and only ended up with 10G and 34pts, which after getting that new contract for 3 consecutive 40-45pts seasons and a 54pts season last year, just isn't acceptable. In addition, he only played in 9 playoff games and while he was injured, he still only managed 2 points in those 9 games. That can't happen when your cap hit is that high.

#37 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

TSNBobMcKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure.
Teams that cant get Nash will start going after ryan. Wish i knew what ANA is asking for. It wud be great if we cud pick up a stud RW

#38 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

TSNBobMcKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure.
Teams that cant get Nash will start going after ryan. Wish i knew what ANA is asking for. It wud be great if we cud pick up a stud RW

I think I'd piss myself if we got Ryan. Even if we lost Parise, which I don't think we will, it'd be a big help to have another proven 30+ goal scorer on the team.

Just imagine this up front:

Parise-Zajac-Ryan
Kovy-Henrique-Zubrus
Elias-JJ-Clarkson
4th line

That being said. I can't imagine ANA is gonna take anything we'd be able to offer for Ryan. Although, it would appear as if they need more in their bottom 6 than they do in their top 6, so anything can happen I guess. I think a lot what ANA does will depend on if Selanne will come back for another year, seeing as he did put up a ton of points again this past year.

#39 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Selanne has said he's coming back. As of today.

http://sports.yahoo....46627--nhl.html

I don't think we have the assets for Ryan, but I dont think its an impossible deal to pull off.

#40 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

I was reading that Kovalev wanted back in the NHL. what about picking him up?

Parise-Zajac-Zubrus
Kovalchuk-Elias-Kovalev
Josefson-Henrique-Clarkson
CBGB

I think he'd play great with kovalchuk
Devils.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users