438 replies to this topic

#421 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Interesting, I had no idea about that. We'll see if the Devils still have interest after all these years.

I think its a no brainer to try to sign this guy. If he doesnt pan out with the big boys he will just play in Albany where they need more forwards.

Edited by Zubie#8, 27 July 2012 - 10:16 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#422 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

The Sens bought out 25 year old right handed winger Bobby Butler today. I wonder if the Devils would have any interest in signing him for depth purposes and/or to help Albany out?

Devils desperately need depth. I'd give the guy a shot, but it wasn't like the Sens didn't give him all the chances to succeed last season. He really disappointed after a very solid 2010-2011 season.

Should be something to look out for in the next week or so.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#423 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

Devils desperately need depth. I'd give the guy a shot, but it wasn't like the Sens didn't give him all the chances to succeed last season. He really disappointed after a very solid 2010-2011 season.

Should be something to look out for in the next week or so.

Really? Butler started out Game 1 of the season playing 6:28. It appears he got chances on higher lines as the season progressed, but it looks like right out of the gate they felt he was a 4th liner. He's 12th on the team in total PP time.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#424 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Anyone think we should take a shot at Huselius?

#425 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Just for theawesome name, yes

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#426 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

If he's very cheap, he may be worth the risk, but I don't think it will happen.

#427 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:19 PM

I'm a big fan of trying to get players that current value is down. The scenario here is pretty good. Sign him to a low money, short term deal and have very little expectations in a third line role.

#428 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Huselius is another guy like Semin, pretty darn good when you 've got room to skate, but weak along the walls. Not a devils type. Thanks, but no thanks. There are no UFA's out there worthy to start in place of a prospect.
I hope Teddy watches film of Gerbe, Gionta, St. Louis, Tyler Ennis, etc. of what it takes for a little guy to succeed in this league.
I also wonder which prospect will step up and actually make the team.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#429 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

I still want miroslav satan to be a devil :-(
Devils.

#430 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Huselius is another guy like Semin, pretty darn good when you 've got room to skate, but weak along the walls. Not a devils type. Thanks, but no thanks. There are no UFA's out there worthy to start in place of a prospect.
I hope Teddy watches film of Gerbe, Gionta, St. Louis, Tyler Ennis, etc. of what it takes for a little guy to succeed in this league.
I also wonder which prospect will step up and actually make the team.

No offense, but i'm getting tired of the old "not the Devils type of player" line. How many people said originally that Kovy "wasn't a Devils kind of player" back when the rumors hit? And now? He's POTENTIALLY our next captain. Someone who has changed his game, adapted and shown he's belong. Sorry but I think that line has worn out its welcome. Plus come on, did people see the likes of Mogliny as a "Devils kind of player"? I don't think such a thing exists anymore...

Edited by TheMazz, 29 July 2012 - 10:01 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#431 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

No offense, but i'm getting tired of the old "not the Devils type of player" line. How many people said originally that Kovy "wasn't a Devils kind of player" back when the rumors hit? And now? He's POTENTIALLY our next captain. Someone who has changed his game, adapted and shown he's belong. Sorry but I think that line has worn out its welcome. Plus come on, did people see the likes of Mogliny as a "Devils kind of player"? I don't think such a thing exists anymore...

I think this is where the gap as fans versus insiders change things. We don't know the personalities of the players, other than what we see on the ice or infer from the media. GMs and players get much more direct information, especially on free agents, so are better able to tell when guys may or may not fit personality wise.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#432 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

Let's say the Devils end up signing Huselius. Where does he fit in? He's listed as a LW, not sure how well he could play RW, but maybe this could work out:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus (maybe switch Kovy and Zubie so they aren't both off-wing)
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Huselius-Josefson-Bernier
Carter-Gionta-Barch

Unfotunately, you've got to stick Barch in there. Also, I would like to see Tedenby given another legitimate chance. I'm neither sold on him being a bust, nor a top 6 NHLer, but he deserves another chance I think. I'm still not a huge fan of having Clarkson on the second line, but that's always subject to change. Regardless of any of this, I think a trade needs to happen, even if it means only getting prospects/picks in return. We can hope for more, but who knows what will really happen.

Edited by nessus, 30 July 2012 - 01:12 AM.

#433 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Let's say the Devils end up signing Huselius. Where does he fit in? He's listed as a LW, not sure how well he could play RW, but maybe this could work out:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Zubrus (maybe switch Kovy and Zubie so they aren't both off-wing)
Elias-Henrique-Clarkson
Huselius-Josefson-Bernier
Carter-Gionta-Barch

Unfotunately, you've got to stick Barch in there. Also, I would like to see Tedenby given another legitimate chance. I'm neither sold on him being a bust, nor a top 6 NHLer, but he deserves another chance I think. I'm still not a huge fan of having Clarkson on the second line, but that's always subject to change. Regardless of any of this, I think a trade needs to happen, even if it means only getting prospects/picks in return. We can hope for more, but who knows what will really happen.

Why do you "have" to stick Barch in there?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#434 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

While the free agent market is bone dry, I'm going to stick to thinking that more quality players are going to be cut loose when the new CBA comes in.

I will also say, if Tedenby makes the team, the third line should look like Tedenby - JJ - Clarkson. Together in 2011 they had a lot of success down the stretch.

#435 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

Why do you "have" to stick Barch in there?

Well, there's no way that he was signed to play in the AHL. If Lou didn't want him to play on the NHL team, I don't think he'd be signed.

#436 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Barch is going to play, especially in regular season games vs. the Flyers and Rangers. I hate to say it because the hockey played in the playoffs without them is a much better product, but you need to have an enforcer on this team to counter the goons that the Rangers and Flyers have on their rosters with all the BS that goes on the regular season. I don't think you need both him and Cam though.

He probably won't take a shift in the playoffs should we make it but, until the NHL outlaws fighting, players like Barch are necessary in each team's lineup.
Posted Image

#437 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

Toronto signs Mark Fraser to a 1 year deal :giggle:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#438 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

It appears that the Canucks are interested in Jason Arnott:

http://www.vancouver...4289/story.html

n2eg.jpg

#439 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

I think the reason we don't see as many trades as in the past, like Lou has said, many GM's put so much value on players and what they expect in return. Like, you want who & what? for him? You think he's that good.

I think Teddy will again be on a short leash this year, but hopefully he shows what everyone expected from him in the 1st place.
Hopefully, there is a reasonable trade partner out there that doesn't expect the sun/moon in return.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users