438 replies to this topic

#121 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Biggest knock against Doan is his age. I'd be okay with him as a last resort, but the disappointment would be strong.

#122 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Wideman to the Flames, 5 years, no financials.

Guess they got the rights from the Caps. Wonder if Boowmeester is on the way out?

5/26 (5.25/year). Jason Garrison is gonna get paid. We obviously knew Suter would too. Anyone who thinks that Tallinder or Greene are on bad deals should take this under consideration.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#123 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

5/26 (5.25/year). Jason Garrison is gonna get paid. We obviously knew Suter would too. Anyone who thinks that Tallinder or Greene are on bad deals should take this under consideration.

Yea, McKenzie just updated and someone posted a single thread about the signing, so I put it there. So confusing when that happens. Dont know if should update it here or put it there.

Garrison's # may not be that high as he apparently values long term more than anything else, but hes obviously going to get at least 5, if I was to guess.

#124 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Per Єklund (2.3% accurate) ... :blink:

On Kovalchuk and the Islanders..

The big news we can finally discuss is surrounding NJ today, where there is some wild speculation that the team could sign Parise and trade Kovalchuk to be able to be in a better position to sell the franchise. I was told about this by various sources earlier in the week, but now it's been intensifying...to say the least...Who could take on kovalchuk's contract? Who is interested? I was told four teams...The Wild, the Red Wings, the Islanders and the Canadiiens...

Many will dismiss this as being a crazy rumor...It sounds crazy, it may not happen, but I can assure you...it isn't.

The Wild are going to make a splash and if not Parise why not Ilya? The Red Wings have all sorts of money and NEVER shy away from getting top, elite talent. The Canadiens have a need to get a star player on board, but taxes would take a big chunk from Kovalchuk's salary...however it could possibly be made up for in endorsement revenue...(interesting dilemma here..If Molson were to pay Kovy an endorsement contract to make up for lost money in taxes, would that be circumventing the CBA? And would the Islanders, who have really looked to be a team setting themselves up to sell, take on such a contract?

It made me chuckle..... :evil:

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#125 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

lol yeah the Devils are going to sign Parise only to trade the better player, who's on a cap friendly deal forever.

The Devils have so few guys signed after next year I really don't see what the big deal is if two guys are getting $20 million, yeah you have to be under the cap celing for a while but if they're that bad off they can't afford them both then why not just let Zach go?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#126 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

lol yeah the Devils are going to sign Parise only to trade the better player, who's on a cap friendly deal forever.

Funny how things change in a year or two. The idea of keeping Kovalchuk and losing Parise two years ago was unspeakably horrible to everyone here. Even last offseason when Parise only signed to a one year deal it left everyone terrified and angry that the team might lose Parise and just keep Kovy.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#127 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,900 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Funny how things change in a year or two. The idea of keeping Kovalchuk and losing Parise two years ago was unspeakably horrible to everyone here. Even last offseason when Parise only signed to a one year deal it left everyone terrified and angry that the team might lose Parise and just keep Kovy.

Admittedly I would have said last year Zach was clearly the better player, but Kovy really rounded out his game with all the PK'ing he did - for the first time in his career, and was impressive in the way he was able to put up points at half strength (if that) in the playoffs while Zach really was invisible for long stretches with no injury.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#128 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

Apparently Darren Dreger said on NHL live today that the Penguins are interested in Alexander Semin.

n2eg.jpg

#129 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,223 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

Crosby is always interested in semen.

Ohhhh, Semin. Gotcha.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#130 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

Anyone remember Tyler Eckford? I thought he looked excellent in his limited time with NJ. He had some pretty good numbers in the AHL last season. I think he might be an excellent #6/7/8. He is UFA as of July 1st.

Only problem is that he may count as a veteran for Albany purposes and our D depth is already pretty good.

#131 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Crosby Gets a $12-Year Extension for $104.4 million.

A few years I would have perhaps applauded this move. But now? One hit from his career being over. I'm not sure how great a massive contract like this is. Furthermore what does this do for the Penguins dreams of wanting to land Zach?

n2eg.jpg

#132 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

A few years I would have perhaps applauded this move. But now? One hit from his career being over. I'm not sure how great a massive contract like this is. Furthermore what does this do for the Penguins dreams of wanting to land Zach?

They have 14 in cap space and want to deal Martin. They've also never confirmed that they want to go after Zach. That was assumption after the draft. The stronger rumor is they want to go after Suter, and yesterday places were saying they were targeting Semin.

I don't think they'd have gotten Zach w/wout Crosby's new deal.

#133 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

If his career ends due to injury or any other reason, what he's paid does not count against the cap. I'm also sure the Penguins have insurance to cover his salary if he suffers a career ending injury. Don't want to imagine what the premium is though.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#134 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

If anyone cares, Hal Gill re-upped in Nashville. Dont have the #s and don't care. Its Hal Gill.

#135 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Rask only signed a one year deal with Boston, good for us I guess.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#136 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Rask only signed a one year deal with Boston, good for us I guess.

Sounds like Schneider is thinking of doing the same. Could be a decent goalie market next season.

#137 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

10 Year contract for Quick seems to have LOL all over it. I am betting he's going to be a sub-par goalie next year.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#138 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

10 Year contract for Quick seems to have LOL all over it. I am betting he's going to be a sub-par goalie next year.

Im now convinced that the rumor about the NHL wanting to limit deals to 6 years is real and teams are trying to get by that now.

#139 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

http://kings.nhl.com...vid=DL|LAK|home

Based on what? He'll probably be worse than he was this year but I don't see him being below average.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#140 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

Based on gut obviously, I can't seem to locate my time machine.

martyb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users