#81 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Couture is untouchable.

No chance we get anyone of merit for rights.

Thats what I was saying before.

I think we are either going to overpay for Parise, or we lose him for nothing, which is OK.

Edited by Zubie#8, 22 June 2012 - 01:11 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#82 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

What if we trade his rights for 1st round picks the next 2 years to help offset the one we have to give up. And then parise resigns with us anyway on july 1st

No team would offer us 1 first round pick, much less 2, for the chance to talk to someone.

We'd be lucky to get a 2nd and a servicable roster player for his rights. The Flyers got a third and minor league trash for Bryz's rights.

#83 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

The only way I could conceivably see Lou trading his rights is if Parise has told him that he won't re-sign under any circumstances. Since that's not going to happen, neither is this trade.
Posted Image

#84 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

The only way I could conceivably see Lou trading his rights is if Parise has told him that he won't re-sign under any circumstances. Since that's not going to happen, neither is this trade.

Yep, agree 100%. If Parise's rights are moved, its because Parise wants out. There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that is the case.

Any Parise "move" we hear now are from hopeful fans of other teams. Like that absolutely horrendous Colorado rumor.

#85 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

You're first problem was believing anything I-Bob says. He just throws rumors around as vague facts.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#86 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Yep, agree 100%. If Parise's rights are moved, its because Parise wants out. There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that is the case.

Any Parise "move" we hear now are from hopeful fans of other teams. Like that absolutely horrendous Colorado rumor.

You get trash for trading someone's rights, as has been said earlier. Unless Parise says flat out he's not re-signing it's not something you do. And even if he said something like that, the return is not even worth the minute possibility that he changes his mind at the last minute.

When there's a rumor out there of trading for someone's rights, especially when it's Lou, you know the story is made up.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#87 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

This absolutely NEEDED its own thread.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#88 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

You get trash for trading someone's rights, as has been said earlier. Unless Parise says flat out he's not re-signing it's not something you do. And even if he said something like that, the return is not even worth the minute possibility that he changes his mind at the last minute.

When there's a rumor out there of trading for someone's rights, especially when it's Lou, you know the story is made up.

You just repeated two of my prior posts in this thread ;) lol

#89 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

The Colorado rumors were even more ridiculous for having talk that Parise already had a deal with Colorado. It's a legal impossibility.

Ah the Twitter age.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#90 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

This absolutely NEEDED its own thread.

Well, there's only 12 other Parise threads...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#91 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,339 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

I don't disagree with anything you've written. I'm just taking a business approach towards this. Those intangibles really only matter if you win or if they help attendance. They may also only matter to one particular team as opposed to others (would his leadership abilities be that important on Detroit, Pittsburgh or Boston...etc.). Although you can argue that Zach may be the best 2 way player in hockey today (and let's not discount his shoot out ability--that alone may be worth 3-5 points per year), his individual impact on a hockey game is not at that elite level, but one step below. And because he is, teams like Minnesota saying they won't be outbid for Parise makes the move seem desperate, and that means if NJ chases they may end up overspending badly. I'm exactly where you are when it comes to contract, but for a longer period and obviously front loaded.

....and I want him back.....badly. :)

I wonder what the most total money the Devils are willing to put into his contract? $60 mill? $70 mill? $80??!?

Could we possibly give him something like a 12 year $84 MILL contract? (frontloaded of course as is the norm these days)

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#92 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

I wonder what the most total money the Devils are willing to put into his contract? $60 mill? $70 mill? $80??!?

Could we possibly give him something like a 12 year $84 MILL contract? (frontloaded of course as is the norm these days)

My gut says 8 years 62 million, big cap hit.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#93 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,787 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Arnott said he would sit with Zach on Monday after the draft was done to talk about an extension or what they'll do. So nothing is going to happen before monday at least

www.SterioDesign.com

#94 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

There was a lot of talk during the playoffs this year about team chemistry and whatnot. If Parise doesn't come back then the Devils have to look seriously as selling high on some of their guys in order to fill more pressing needs that will allow them to get back to where they were only to win this time. I'm talking about guys like Fayne, Greene, and Clarkson. We have some D coming through the pipeline and we need some help up front. Especially if we lose Parise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users