47 replies to this topic

#41 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Didn't watch it and haven't watched it in years.

#42 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

Will Arnett doing fake Shanny was pretty funny. Definitely the funniest thing they did. Everything else was predictably lame and awkward.

"I'm the almighty Brendan Shanahan of the National Department of Ass-Kicking." :lol:

That skit was pretty funny but even parts of that just seemed forced and not funny. The whole show for a while now has just felt kind of awkward with people trying to be funny that just aren't.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#43 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,933 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

"I'm the almighty Brendan Shanahan of the National Department of Ass-Kicking." :lol:

That skit was pretty funny but even parts of that just seemed forced and not funny. The whole show for a while now has just felt kind of awkward with people trying to be funny that just aren't.

That's pretty much all award shows in general. It was much more cheesy and bad growing up in the 90s and watching, but there wasn't social media to sh!t on it.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#44 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Will Arnett doing fake Shanny was pretty funny. Definitely the funniest thing they did. Everything else was predictably lame and awkward.

I thought the first two Shanny skits were funny, but things got a little old and awkward when they tried to do the same type of skit four times. I agree it was the funniest thing they did, but somebody producing the show has got to realize you can't do the same joke four times; I don't know how they thought they were going to get away with that.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#45 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

In case anyone was wondering, here are the voting results.

Here's how our guys did.

Jack Adams:
DeBoer finished 9th with 4 third place votes.

GM of the Year:
Lamoriello finished 12th with 1 third place vote, tied with Ray Shero.

Lady Byng:
Elias was 7th with 3 first place votes, 5 second, 9 third, 13 fourth, 13 fifth.
Henrique tied with Pascal Dupuis and Brad Boyes for 31st with 1 third place vote.

Calder:
Henrique waas 3rd with 3 first place votes, 19 second, 59 third, 50 fourth, 12 fifth.
Larsson tied for 12th with Marc-Andre Gragnani, Andrew Shaw, and Craig Smith, with 1 fifth place vote.

Selke:
Parise was 18th with 1 second place vote, 1 third place vote, and 2 fourth place.
Elias was 19th with 5 fourth place votes.

Hart:
Kovalchuk was 10th with 1 second place vote, 2 third place, 5 fourth place, 6 fifth.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#46 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

What is the stupid Lady Byng even based on anymore? Henrique had 7 penalty minutes all year and he finishes 31st? The one fight he had was a result of Iginla being a baby who couldn't deal with being hit.

Posted Image

#47 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

What is the stupid Lady Byng even based on anymore? Henrique had 7 penalty minutes all year and he finishes 31st? The one fight he had was a result of Iginla being a baby who couldn't deal with being hit.

That seems to always have been a popularity contest

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#48 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

That seems to always have been a popularity contest

Yea, it has got to be the stupidest award given out in all of pro sports. It's on pace with the Most Improved award in Little League.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users