64 replies to this topic

#1 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

It's that time of year again, folks! The 2012 NJDevs.com Board Awards are officially here to save you from the off-season doldrums. The Awards will be run by myself for the fourth year along with Martyisth3b3st back on board for his second go-around. In case this is your first go around with the Board Awards or you haven't crawled into your usual annual summer hole yet, let me explain exactly how it works. As you can see, Awards are in groups of 3, except for the last 3. Each award has a nomination thread, in which you may nominate up to 3 NJDevs members for the award. After 3 days, the nomination thread closes, and the top 3 (or more if there are people tied) nominees are put into a poll, for which there are 3 days to vote. At the end of 3 days, the person with the most votes wins the award! As a reminder, these are supposed to be FUN. Don't try and push people to nominate or vote for you. If there are any problems, feel free to PM me.

At the moment, we are planning the first round of polls to be up Tuesday or Wednesday. In the mean time, feel free to discuss awards that you feel should be added, changed, gotten rid of, etc. Keep in mind that the Board Awards are supposed to reward positive contributions to NJDevs, so as much fun as a "Most Entitled Doucher Award" would be, it's not going to happen. Finally, we're adding a little more to the reward aspect of the board awards. MB3 is currently whipping up a nifty batch of avatars (or sigs, I can't remember) for the winners of the awards. He should have a mockup of one or two of them ready some time tonight. We also may change the title of the users who win under their avatar, if DM decides to go that route. This year's awards should be a hell of a lot more fun than last year's, considering we went from April boredom to one of the most fun playoff runs any of us can remember. Enjoy, folks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INITIAL BOARD AWARDS LIST:

The Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster - WINNER: thefiestygoat
The MrtheMike Chat Award for Best Chatter - WINNER: Devilminder
The Andy Greene Award for Most Improved Poster - WINNER: Zubie #8

The Glenn "Chico" Resch Award for Best Use of Smileys - WINNER: Pepperkorn
The John Madden Award for Most Missed Poster - WINNER: MantaRay
The Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster - WINNER: Chuck the Duck

The Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster - WINNER: MicrowavePizza
The Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster - WINNERS: thelastonealive AND zerogravityfat
The Slava Fetisov Award for the Best Foreign Poster - WINNER: Jas0nMacIssac

The Pat Burns Award for the Most Emotional Poster -WINNER: MadDog2020
The Mike "Doc" Emrick Award for the Most Knowledgeable Poster - WINNER: Jas0nMacIssac
The Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster - WINNER: DaneykoIsGod

The Bill Masterton Award for Dedication to the Team
The UnderdogX Signature Award for Best Signature
The RD Avatar Award for Best Avatar

The Conn Smythe Trophy for Best Poster-Playoffs

The Hart Trophy for Best Poster - Regular Season

The NJDevs.com MVP Award/Stanley Cup for Best Poster - Overall (Combo of Season, Playoffs, Off-season, Off-topic)

Edited by RSC, 30 July 2012 - 11:41 PM.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#2 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Don't forget the Richard Cranium Award which I should be getting every year hands down!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Sweet, this is always fun!

As a reminder, these are supposed to be FUN. Don't try and push people to nominate or vote for you.

...if you people don't vote for me...I swear... :giggle:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#4 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

Ilya Kovalchuk/Gordie Howe Hat Trick Award: Poster most active in Chat, Game Threads, and other threads surrounding a particular game.

I'd also like to see the Foreign Poster Award split in 2: Slava Award to best non-North American Poster; Scott Neidermayer Award to best Canadian Poster.

#5 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:53 PM

VOTE DEVILSFANSTEVE30 2012

Oh crap, I'm doing it wrong!

#6 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:12 PM

Everyone knows I'm the Susan Lucci of this board so I expect to get a couple nominations but no wins.

Anyways, it's always who you know with the awards things.

Edited by CarpathianForest, 21 June 2012 - 04:13 PM.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#7 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

I could see minor league and foreign being difficult categories to pull up enough nominations for, but that does seem to be the case every year. I also don't have a better suggestion, so I'm just gonna shut up now anyway. :boogie:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#8 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

I'd also like to see the Foreign Poster Award split in 2: Slava Award to best non-North American Poster; Scott Neidermayer Award to best Canadian Poster.

I like this idea.

I also think a cool award might be something like Post Of The Year, but that'd be kinda tough to go back and find nominees. If enough people dig the idea, maybe we could set up a thread for next year's awards season where people can nominate all year long as worthy posts are made.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#9 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Gotta build on my award from last year, too bad there is no rocket Richard for best gdt record.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#10 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

The Bulletproof Post of the Year, named for what would have been last year's hands down winner: POTY 2010-11

Edit: DiG of course is right. We need a method for keeping track of this. Otherwise it will always be some "flyers suck" comment from the postseason, which obviously is very deserving, but would get boring after a few years.

Edited by Devils Dose, 21 June 2012 - 07:11 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#11 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

i doubt i am going to be nominated for anything but have you guys every thought about using survey monkey for voting http://www.surveymonkey.com/.

i thought it would be easier to just get all the nominations first and then have everyone vote one time... just a thought :evil:

Edited by grcenter47, 21 June 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#12 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

I like this one a lot.

Also, while Madden is my favorite player ever, Scott Stevens is the most missed Devil ever. I would change the award to him, at least until Marty retires, possibly forever. Just a thought.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#13 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

I like this idea.

I also think a cool award might be something like Post Of The Year, but that'd be kinda tough to go back and find nominees. If enough people dig the idea, maybe we could set up a thread for next year's awards season where people can nominate all year long as worthy posts are made.

I was thinking this exactly.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#14 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:20 PM

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. :(

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#15 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:01 AM

Jacque Lemaire award for the best sloppy frenchy poster? lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#16 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Everyone knows I'm the Susan Lucci of this board so I expect to get a couple nominations but no wins.

fear not Carp, I foresee a long career in infomercials!

#17 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

I think we should have the Aylbert award... given to the poster most like by Aylbert.
Aylbert will win, always.

Because I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#18 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hey all! Allow me to elaborate on what RSC aid about the goodies for the winners. You see the little tag DM and a few others have under their "title" ("Senior Devil, "Hall of Famer", etc)? The winner of each award will get their own little stylized tag to put on and wear as a badge of honor until next season. The idea is, if you win, you wear it until someone else wins. Once that happens, you can PM me and I'll give you a "2012 WINNER OF" tag, the same small size, for you to put in your signature for safekeeping and bragging if you so desire. I'll have the design done by tuesday, it won't be anything flashy, just a simple - clean - award tag for your profile.

These will be fun this year!

CMON HOBEY BAKER ;)

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#19 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

This was alot of fun last year so I look forward to doing it again this year.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#20 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

There should definitely be a "PhillyDev Award" given to the moronic post/poster of the year....

Or maybe it should be the "PhillyDev Award" given to the poster who excels at everything, and is the best in each and everything they do... :giggle:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users