Photo

GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#221 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Love that we had to pay folks to take our unwanted "D" goods in Colin White - yet PIT actually gets assets for theirs.

Some of you seem to think Zach Parise is Gretzky reincarnated in a smaller body.

If he goes, he goes, if he wants to be #3 on the priority list in PIT who cares?

Colin White hasnt done anything since he left. I dont think theres correlation there. We got him off the salary cap and that was a win I believe.

I agree about Zach. Ive prepped for him to leave all year and I dont think hes worth 8 million a year. Kovy is a better player and we have Henrique.

#222 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Love that we had to pay folks to take our unwanted "D" goods in Colin White - yet PIT actually gets assets for theirs.

Some of you seem to think Zach Parise is Gretzky reincarnated in a smaller body.

If he goes, he goes, if he wants to be #3 on the priority list in PIT who cares?

Colin White was 33 when he was released, Zbynek Michalek was 29 when he got traded. There's your difference.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#223 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

Colin White hasnt done anything since he left. I dont think theres correlation there. We got him off the salary cap and that was a win I believe.

I agree about Zach. Ive prepped for him to leave all year and I dont think hes worth 8 million a year. Kovy is a better player and we have Henrique.

We are STILL paying Colin White this year - he didn't come off the cap.
That's my point.

Edited by DevilinLA, 22 June 2012 - 10:47 PM.

Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#224 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

We are STILL paying Colin White this year - he didn't come off the cap.
That's my point.

He counts 1 mil compared to dead weight at 3 and freed up the roster spot. We got better without him. Its small potatoes.

#225 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

He counts 1 mil compared to dead weight at 3 and freed up the roster spot. We got better without him. Its small potatoes.

Its not small potatoes when you are in debt. The checks are still being cashed.
Posted Image

#226 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Its not small potatoes when you are in debt. The checks are still being cashed.

Would you rather be sittign here with Colin White on the roster and being owed 3 million? We lopped off 2 million and got him off the team. I dont see what you're complaining about. Its small potatoes. If we were still paying him 3, Id agree.

#227 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

Would you rather be sittign here with Colin White on the roster and being owed 3 million? We lopped off 2 million and got him off the team. I dont see what you're complaining about. Its small potatoes. If we were still paying him 3, Id agree.

I agree it was the right move - hell I wanted him off the team 2 years ago.
I just find it amazing how some teams can move dead assets and still get something back.
... and yes I do understand the difference between Mick and White.
Posted Image

#228 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

I just find it amazing how some teams can move dead assets and still get something back.

I get you here. The Malakhov move is more perplexing in this respect. But in ref to this, Michalek is/was not a dead asset. Hes younger and has both eyes, plus he contributed and played 20+ mins a game. Michalek also had a NTC. White was waived because no one wanted him.

#229 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

He seems like a good kid, and I will not judge Lou or Conte, but he just better turn out.

#230 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

Yea, I think its a safe bet to say Bobby Ryan wants out...

http://www.courierpo...s-traded-Flyers

#231 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:18 AM

Yea, I think its a safe bet to say Bobby Ryan wants out...

http://www.courierpo...s-traded-Flyers

Kovalchuk Henrique Ryan....I can dream :rolleyes:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#232 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

Kovalchuk Henrique Ryan....I can dream :rolleyes:

Too true, but hes a Philly kid. He would probably HATE it here haha.

#233 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

the devils are not a trade match for anaheim in any way. unless larsson or henrique are going the other way and that just doesn't make sense at this juncture.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#234 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

Well i am watching a live TSN feed , and for some reason we never went to adverts, and i got to watch all the pannelists talk candidly about tonights draft.

Interesting things i heard, someone said that the switch off after the 12th pick.

James Dutihie had some pretty, shall we say, "interesting" things to say, the best was when said the Jordan Staal trade saved the whole evening, otherwise it would have been terrible.

And I heard Pierre say he spoke to Ray Shero and he said that the yandel deal was "complete Bull $hit".

It was pretty funny, watching them prep for the show to restart. It was like

That's pretty funny. That sometimes happens to me when I stream things live. Anything else noteworthy during the breaks?

As for anyone complaining about the Devils drafting Matteau's kid...give me a break. Who cares who is father is.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#235 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

That's pretty funny. That sometimes happens to me when I stream things live. Anything else noteworthy during the breaks?

As for anyone complaining about the Devils drafting Matteau's kid...give me a break. Who cares who is father is.

It was only happening after the last pick.

It was difficult to make out at times as he wasn't always holding his mic.

He was defiantly making off camera comments. He made it pretty clear he was bored .

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#236 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

Maybe Lou will now try to trade up for a spot early in the 2nd to grab Collberg or Frk.

#237 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Dansk was first pick of 2nd round by the BJ's. Surprising since they traded for Bobrovsky, but hey.

#238 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Dansk was first pick of 2nd round by the BJ's. Surprising since they traded for Bobrovsky, but hey.

Smart pick though. Dansk will have time to develop and hopefully bobrovsky will be able to play often enough that Columbus can spot start mason and bring his confidence up.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#239 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,426 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Another damn Sutter (Lukas to the Jets) in the league. Dont let that kid speak anymore. Good effin God.

Frk went to the Red Wings.

Sissons to the Preds.

#240 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

Frk going to red wings guarantees that he will score 50 goals! Seems like their picks always pay off! And no I didn't do research, i just feel like when Detroit makes a pick, they know something the rest of the league doesn't haha
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users