Photo

GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#241 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

http://spectorshocke...t-to-lightning/

Bruins trade Pouillot to Tampa for minor league winger Michel Ouellet and a fifth round pick in 2012.

#242 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Glad to see someone finally took Jarrod Maidens. Guy has first round skill, fell to the third with injury concerns. Could be a steal. I was really hoping he'd be a Devil.

believe-devs.jpg

#243 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

glad we got our RW wing need covered in this draft

...oh wait

www.SterioDesign.com

#244 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

Still waiting or Lou to make this move...

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#245 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm generally not the "we don't get enough attention" kind of guy, but the incessant Penguins ass-kissing is nauseating, even to me. Hopefully it's just a product of the draft being in Pitt, but I doubt that.

Look folks, Mario and Shero are not these huge geniuses. Their core is entirely the product of being a godawful team for a long stretch of time. Let's not talk about the awful move of using the number 1 pick in the best draft in 20 years on a goalie (although if you believe in the butterfly effect, maybe they don't get Crosby). Going after Suter or Parise is about as obvious a move as the Yankees signing CC Sabathia.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#246 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,406 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'm generally not the "we don't get enough attention" kind of guy, but the incessant Penguins ass-kissing is nauseating, even to me. Hopefully it's just a product of the draft being in Pitt, but I doubt that.

Look folks, Mario and Shero are not these huge geniuses. Their core is entirely the product of being a godawful team for a long stretch of time. Let's not talk about the awful move of using the number 1 pick in the best draft in 20 years on a goalie (although if you believe in the butterfly effect, maybe they don't get Crosby). Going after Suter or Parise is about as obvious a move as the Yankees signing CC Sabathia.

I really can't take the hockey media. I really can't. It's been an absolute infomercial for the Penguins.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#247 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

I really can't take the hockey media. I really can't. It's been an absolute infomercial for the Penguins.

It's fvckin unbearable.

Like hey why don't you guys focus on teams that didn't get abused and embarrassed in the playoffs

Edited by Onddeck, 23 June 2012 - 11:43 AM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#248 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,499 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

We'll find out next year :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#249 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

just be patient! the draft will be in NJ next year so it means its gonna be our turn and we'll get all the focus to ourselves right!?!...................... right?

www.SterioDesign.com

#250 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

Glad Nick Ebert got drafted, even if it was last overall. He's a Jersey kid and I'm surprised he fell to the point of almost not getting drafted.

believe-devs.jpg

#251 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

One other thing I'll add, wouldn't it have been cool if the when the broadcast replayed Mario getting drafted that it be followed by the mentioning of the FACT that the Penguins intentionally lost games to have the worst record in the league that year. I can dream can't I.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#252 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,406 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:09 PM

They are sucking Ray Shero off like he just cured cancer. And they won't stop with the Parise sh!t. fvck this, on mute it goes.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#253 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

One other thing I'll add, wouldn't it have been cool if the when the broadcast replayed Mario getting drafted that it be followed by the mentioning of the FACT that the Penguins intentionally lost games to have the worst record in the league that year. I can dream can't I.

isnt it weird that they never showed any clips of Lemieux getting drafted and putting the Pens jersey and all.... ?

oh wait... they can't cause he refused to put the jersey on !!!

www.SterioDesign.com

#254 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,818 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

isnt it weird that they never showed any clips of Lemieux getting drafted and putting the Pens jersey and all.... ?

oh wait... they can't cause he refused to put the jersey on !!!

You might be thinking of lindros.

EDIT: Just checked. You're right.

Edited by Daniel, 23 June 2012 - 02:26 PM.

Posted Image

#255 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

Caps made out better than the Pens in my book. They get a solid center in Ribeiro and they also picked up Forsberg and Wilson.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#256 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,287 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Finally home and catching up. Some quick thoughts...

Montreal made out well getting Galchenyuk and Collberg with their first 2 picks.

I like what Buffalo did with their first 3 selections. Risk/Reward pick in Grigorenko who fell to them, solid prospect in Girgensons, and a quality defenseman in Jake McCabe.

Really surprised to see Anthony Stolarz from Jackson, NJ drafted 45th overall from the Flyers. His stock really skyrocketed this year.

Frk seems like a typical Detroit move, watch him stay healthy and put it all together now.

Interesting that Daniil Zharkov fell all the way to the last pick of the 3rd round.

I'll post more on the Devils draft picks but they certaintly added forward depth to the organization.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#257 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

i wish Lou would put Tedenby in the lineup to start the season hoping he does well and so we can trade him for some value.

I really like Tedenby but he's just not fitting with Deboer's "repetitive dump and chase and working along the boards until we puck make his way to the point in hope to get a deflection in front" system is good for him, Tedenby would be a good fit with a team who actually try to make plays in the o-zone like vancouver or Chicago.

Cause i just can't see Teddy cracking the lineup ever and sticking around with our system now. He's actually super fast so he can get to the puck in zone and he's good around the board for his size surprisingly but he couldnt handle the constant pounding in the playoffs. Hes too easy to knock off the puck

www.SterioDesign.com

#258 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

its quite clear from Conte's interview with TG that if either of the goalies were there, the Devils would have taken either before Matteau. They're happy with him it would appear but the idea that they weren't taken a goalie was clearly wrong.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#259 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,788 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

i wish Lou would put Tedenby in the lineup to start the season hoping he does well and so we can trade him for some value.

I really like Tedenby but he's just not fitting with Deboer's "repetitive dump and chase and working along the boards until we puck make his way to the point in hope to get a deflection in front" system is good for him, Tedenby would be a good fit with a team who actually try to make plays in the o-zone like vancouver or Chicago.

Cause i just can't see Teddy cracking the lineup ever and sticking around with our system now. He's actually super fast so he can get to the puck in zone and he's good around the board for his size surprisingly but he couldnt handle the constant pounding in the playoffs. Hes too easy to knock off the puck

Tedenby doesn't fit with anything right now because he is not very good. He's also not super fast, which to me is his biggest knock. He didn't seem to generate very much with his speed this year - it's not like he's some Zharkov sort of player, getting breakaways and not cashing in - he was getting nothing.

And even if he did do well, he's not being traded for 'some value', nor is 'some value' better than the possibility that Tedenby does turn into a good player.

its quite clear from Conte's interview with TG that if either of the goalies were there, the Devils would have taken either before Matteau. They're happy with him it would appear but the idea that they weren't taken a goalie was clearly wrong.

I don't think that's totally clear - I think were Matteau not there and one of the goalies was there, they definitely would've taken one of them. It's less clear what happens if Matteau is there and so is one of the goalies.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#260 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I don't think that's totally clear - I think were Matteau not there and one of the goalies was there, they definitely would've taken one of them. It's less clear what happens if Matteau is there and so is one of the goalies.

the way it read seemed to me that conte thought about goaltending and liked them both, but they were gone so matteau was the highest on their board. what was also clear is the organizational philosophy of best player available regardless of position in the first round.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users