Photo

GDT: 2012 NHL Draft discussion (Rumors and trades)

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#121 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

I've read a lot of good things about him... This was the only bad report I heard. The kids athleticism trumps the rest of the competition. He has time to learn the position plus get coaching from one of the best to ever lace them up. I remember Marty's attitude issues when he was teen also... At 29 you're not getting anything that doesn't need polishing...

I dont disagree with that, but if we can get Vasilevski or Dansk, I think they would be a better choice, if we are going goaltender.

#122 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,289 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Solid prospect in Girgensons for Buffalo. High risk/high reward with Grigorenko. Great 1st round for the Sabres.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#123 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

Lou won't pick anyone we expect! He's a crafty one. I remember the year we swore we were getting Carlson and Lou kept trading down. Or the year people expected him to take Pickard and he took Merrill.

I remember the wedgewood pick coming out of nowhere too.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#124 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

I dont disagree with that, but if we can get Vasilevski or Dansk, I think they would be a better choice, if we are going goaltender.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens... I don't see him making it to us.

#125 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

We'll just have to wait and see what happens... I don't see him making it to us.

Yea, I just heard his name mentioned on the TSN feed for Buffalo possibly before they made their choice.

#126 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Lou won't pick anyone we expect! He's a crafty one. I remember the year we swore we were getting Carlson and Lou kept trading down. Or the year people expected him to take Pickard and he took Merrill.

I remember the wedgewood pick coming out of nowhere too.

Yeah, I wanted Carlson so bad in that draft too. Then Carlson was still there, and we went Tedenby. It's still a little early, but...I think I'd still rather have Carlson.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#127 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, I wanted Carlson so bad in that draft too. Then Carlson was still there, and we went Tedenby. It's still a little early, but...I think I'd still rather have Carlson.

Yea, unquestionably. I was MAD when we had the chance to take Carlson and didnt.

#128 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

Why would NJ save their pick for this draft when they are 29th? If this pick isn't part of some trade, I am thinking Lou might like a goalie.

815631765.gif

#129 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Why would NJ save their pick for this draft when they are 29th? If this pick isn't part of some trade, I am thinking Lou might like a goalie.

Knowing Lou, there's got to be someone he likes who he feels will be around or close enough to trade up for.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#130 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Yea, unquestionably. I was MAD when we had the chance to take Carlson and didnt.

So was I. I remember thinking to myself when we went with Tedenby over Carlson (who I never really heard of at the time) "this kid better work out". Not working out so far.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#131 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

My belief for them holding the pick is he may believe that he can get out of the draft pick penalty upon the new CBA being ratified. Thats completely a guess, but Id not be surprised if he's waiting as late as possible for something like that.

The player we take this year IMO is completely up in the air. Id be more surprised if a goaltender is taken than a forward though.

#132 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hertl goes to San Jose. First pick that Ive seen mocked to us.

#133 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

I've read Chi. was going goalie. We'll see...

#134 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

BAP

#135 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,911 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

I miss when the first round was on Saturday afternoon. At this rate the devils will get their first round pick in the 3rd round.

#136 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

Vasilevski off the board to Tampa.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#137 ironsights

ironsights

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Damn, I was pulling for Vasilevski

#138 slasher72

slasher72

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

What channel is the draft on? They're showing Olympics crap on nbc sports channel

#139 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

What channel is the draft on? They're showing Olympics crap on nbc sports channel

It moved over to NHL Network.

#140 ironsights

ironsights

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

They switched it over to CNBC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users