MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,454 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Is this a serious question?

My thoughts exactly.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,454 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

$7.5 for any player is a Cap killer.

Edited by MantaRay, 24 June 2012 - 03:13 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Look who's back from the dead.

#24 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

I wouldn't trade Adam Henrique for Rick Nash if you put a gun to my head. Not a chance on earth, heaven, or hell.

same for me

#25 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

I hope you're asking about Graham Nash.
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#26 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

To be honest, Rick Nash would be a solid edition. A big right winger who would fill out on the first line pretty nice with Kovy and Zajac.

#27 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Show me a play where Nash has half the hustle as Parise does at the beginning of this video on the backcheck.
I can't believe Nash vs. Parise is even a question,
Parise is our Captain and there's not a doubt in my mind he'll stay.

Edited by cgb6397, 24 June 2012 - 04:35 PM.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#28 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,454 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Look who's back from the dead.

Twas merely a scratch.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#29 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,507 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Show me a play where Nash has half the hustle as Parise does at the beginning of this video on the backcheck.
I can't believe Nash vs. Parise is even a question,
Parise is our Captain and there's not a doubt in my mind he'll stay.

And when he splits?

#30 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

find me a video where parise can dangle like that

#31 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

I like Nash too. But I still love the Captain. If it had to be, I'd take it.

#32 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

While this is one of the nicest goals I've seen in a while, there's a ton of luck here in addition to the skill. Nash will do something like that a couple times a year, but Parise's hard work and effective backchecking happens all game every game. Nash is good, but not someone I'd prefer to Parise. Nor is he someone I'd want to give up some combination of Henrique/Josefson/Merrill for.

#33 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

I have nothing against Nash, but Zach is a more complete player (backchecking, pk), a better leader, and one of the hardest workers in the league. If they were both UFA, I'd still want Zach. Since getting Nash would require us to give up assets, it's not even close.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#34 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

Okay, Nash has skill I can give him that but no goal or deke can match the heart and hustle Parise has shown us his entire time in New Jersey.
If skill is a concern (which it shouldn't be at all) reeling in Parenteau would make our forward lines unstoppable
6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#35 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

Nice. Is there a video of Nash sulking and throwing a fit because he doesn't like it where he is? Because that's something else he does that Parise doesn't.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#36 Jerseydevils0324

Jerseydevils0324

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

I think we have all watched Parise for so long that it is hard to envision this team without him, especially if he is playing for another team. What I do want to point out though is the Kings. Look at that Line-up, you have a bunch of forwards with size and skill with Kopi, Brown, Carter, even Stoll and Penner have some skill. We lack that big man with skill, yeah we have Zubrus and may have Poni again next season, but are they really as game breaking and skilled as Nash can be? How could you bring the same level of play to the table every night, if the organization you play for hasn't done much with the team around you. Losing sucks, try it season after season and you lose that desire. What has Nash really had to play for? If we were sh!tty every season since we've had Zach, I'm sure he wouldn't play with that much hard work on a shift to shift basis, let alone a night to night basis.

For the record, I want Zach back, but if he walks, we should pursue Nash giving as little as possible to keep the team competitive.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324, 24 June 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#37 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

I think we have all watched Parise for so long that it is hard to envision this team without him, especially if he is playing for another team. What I do want to point out though is the Kings. Look at that Line-up, you have a bunch of forwards with size and skill with Kopi, Brown, Carter, even Stoll and Penner have some skill. We lack that big man with skill, yeah we have Zubrus and may have Poni again next season, but are they really as game breaking and skilled as Nash can be? How could you bring the same level of play to the table every night, if the organization you play for hasn't done much with the team around you. Losing sucks, try it season after season and you lose that desire. What has Nash really had to play for? If we were sh!tty every season since we've had Zach, I'm sure he wouldn't play with that much hard work on a shift to shift basis, let alone a night to night basis.

For the record, I want Zach back, but if he walks, we should pursue Nash giving as little as possible to keep the team competitive.

+1

#38 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:27 AM

This is how the question should have been asked. If we lose Zach, would Nash be a good fit/replacement.

Edited by Z-Man, 25 June 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#39 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

We have Kovy, who is probably more talented than Nash and a game changer. We know the kind of hustle and heart Kovy brings in big games, unfortunately he was badly injured so we didnt get to see his full potential these playoffs.

#40 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

We have Kovy, who is probably more talented than Nash and a game changer. We know the kind of hustle and heart Kovy brings in big games, unfortunately he was badly injured so we didnt get to see his full potential these playoffs.

Exactly. Kovy is the same type of player as Nash. Only difference is Nash is a complete liability on defense. Parise is a complete 2 way forward. I wouldn't be upset with Nash on the Devils. Kovy-Elias-Nash would be an impressive first line but I think the Devils are much, much better off with Parise.

n2eg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users