38 replies to this topic

#21 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 05:45 PM

StarDew -- my health-partner in crime, eh? Thanks for all the support, it's meant a lot.

RD...anytime my friend...we Posted Image have to stick together ;)

Thnx DM for having a place for me to escape to even tho I read the boards with a lot of skipped msgs ;) Will start saving up another donation :)

Thnx to all who helped me thru another difficult season of health issues...you have a permanent place in my heart :D

Thnx to Googer, 18, MG, moustic and the other chat regs for making them fun...you rock :dance:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#22 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,958 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:56 PM

When I joined this board and created this screename, I really didnt expect to stay here too long, figured I would post every now and then, maybe when the Sabres played the Devils or whatnot. But as time went on, I discovered that this board is fantastic, and it all starts with the admins, you all do a wonderful job, keep up the great work!! :)

P.S. Right now Im very tight on the funds, wife and I are tying to get by on my 1 income, but when that changes, Ill be sure to help financially support this site with a donation :)

Edited by Legend Of the Clown Banner, 09 June 2004 - 10:59 PM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#23 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:57 PM

DM=The Man :evil:
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#24 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,594 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:58 PM

:hail: :hail: :hail:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#25 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,965 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:00 PM

Who would of thought thatwhen RD..check that sykkie17 told me about this board on ESPN I would come and stay for about two years now.

This is 10o times better then the ESPN boards That is for sure.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#26 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:13 AM

I can't believe how much I was missing until I joined 11 months ago. I used to feel like I was only Devils fan around because hardly anyone else in my school liked hockey, and even less liked the Devils. Then I found this board and it has been great talking to other Devils fans. I wish I would have joined a year earlier so I could have enjoyed the Stanley Cup win with all of you.
I love getting pumped for a game in the game threads, those are a lot of fun. Hopefully someday I'll be able to figure out why the chat doesn't work for me. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all the admins for their hard work and dedication! Without you it would be another year of following the Devils all by myself. If there is a lockout, I'm sure this place will get me through it. :)
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#27 koufax75

koufax75

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:25 PM

Although I haven't posted many messages, I would like to say that this forum is really good!

I enjoy so much reading your messages and your discussions. Through your messages I have learnt a lot about the Devils and their fans.

And of course, I really liked the Trivia by Don!

So, Let's Go Devils! Let's Go njdevs.com

PS: Who wants to send me here in Italy some stickers or cards of the Devils? I would really appreciate it....
Posted Image
NJDEVS.com Keeper of Viacheslav Slava Fetisov
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 09:33 PM

DM, this place just wouldn't be as good without you, and all of your work behind the scenes. I like the way you & the other admins run it - you keep control and order, but without stupid rules. And I guess that also says a lot about the maturity of the posters on here.

It's the best!!!
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#29 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,471 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 12:52 AM

DM=The Man :evil:

Wouldn't it be:

DM=Da Man?

-Scott
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#30 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:23 AM

Thanks, guys. It's been another great year on this growing forum. Not being much of a computer guy, I can just imagine what it takes to keep something like this going (and I dont just mean money). Please leave an address for contributions.

#31 ciyenne

ciyenne

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:04 AM

I've only been a member since Feb, but wow, it's been so fun. I don't know how I managed to stray onto/into this forum or, indeed, how I managed to find it, but it has enabled me to come out of my Devils closet and share my passion with like-minded people and for that, I shall be eternally grateful.

Special mention to Crasher who was like a god to me 'cos I'd read his reviews for YEARS and always wondered what he'd be like as a person. hehehe...how the mighty fall :P (jus' kiddin')

Edited by ciyenne, 14 June 2004 - 09:05 AM.

Keeper of the Nieds Captaincy: dignity, courage, grace and fortitude.

"Row row row the boat, gently down the stream, BELTS OFF, TROUSERS DOWN, ISN'T LIFE A SCREAM, WEY!"

Bark like a chicken, cluck like a dog.

" when I am an old woman, I shall wear purple...'

#32 RicPerrott

RicPerrott

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:55 AM

I've been reading and contributing on hockey related boards online since 1992. Back then it was USENET only, and then slowly the Web started to take over and what emerges are fantastic places like this one.

I've read hundreds and hundreds of boards over the years, and this one is truly one of the very best I've ever seen.

Congratulations and Kudos to the admin staff and the members! :clap:

Here's hoping we have some games to cheer about next season.

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,526 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 10:02 AM

Special mention to Crasher who was like a god to me 'cos I'd read his reviews for YEARS and always wondered what he'd be like as a person. hehehe...how the mighty fall :P (jus' kiddin')

it's the height thing isn't it ??? It's always the height thing I swear !!! :lol:
Between me posting that old prom picture and how loud I come off as... NO ONE
expects me to be 5'7'' :P

I should have chimed in on this thread before, it's hard for me to compare this place
to other forums (except my own of course which just rules cause it's mine :D ) for
besides from devilsnews which basicially went belly up this was the first forum I got
involved with, so it's hard to compare them... it's been a fun year and a half and I'm
hoping this place can fill my fix for the off-season... and of course this forum is the reason I have suck a good place to play goal now ... thank you !!! :clap:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#34 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:20 PM

I also want to apologize to all the admins... at this point I'm an admin by name only

:blink: Au contraire, Red! :evil:
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

#35 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:56 PM

This board has and always will rock with the great Admins that we have! :clap: Keep up the good work and hopefully the lock out is short :pray: and the Devils run for the cup is long in 2005! :evil:
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#36 koufax75

koufax75

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 02:26 PM

It would have been great for me to discover this site 12 months ago. So, I could have celebrated with you the great victory of our Devils!
Posted Image
NJDEVS.com Keeper of Viacheslav Slava Fetisov
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 femalenynjazfan

femalenynjazfan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:05 PM

I have really enjoyed this forum so much. Its awesome to talk to a bunch of real fans because here in Arizona, there are no fans. I love hockey and I would go crazy if I could not talk hockey all the time.

#38 SpeakoftheDevil(s)

SpeakoftheDevil(s)

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 08:22 AM

DM,
Thank you for another great year.
In regards to donations, count me in.
BTW...Have you considered making a annual NJDEVS.COM Tshirt sale? I would imagine that could easily drum up the $500-600 needed to run the site. Getting 50 shirts printed should cost at or less then $10 per. Charge $20, Im sure you would move all 50. You can have a contest each year for designs/concepts etc. I know it would be an added responsibility, but I also know the idea of a site t-shirt has been briefly kicked around before. I bet the NJDEV.COm faithful would each love one, myself included. Anyway its just an idea.
"Weakness is provacative, it often intices people to do what they oridnarily wouldn't"

Posted Image

Steinbrenner quickly responded to the RedSox Owner, (who was complaining about the Yankees signing of ARod), saying: "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction." In regards to

#39 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 06:20 PM

I visit here 3 times daily. It is my source for devils info, which there is not much to read here in Virginia. You guys are my kinda people! Thanks admin!
Vince

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users