Photo

HHOF Class of 2012 Thread

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Class of 2012 (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Besides Sakic and Shanahan, who do you want in this year?

1. Sundin (16 votes [18.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.39%

2. Roenick (6 votes [6.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

3. Lindros (3 votes [3.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.45%

4. Bure (15 votes [17.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

5. Oates (15 votes [17.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.24%

6. Housley (2 votes [2.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.30%

7. Damphousse (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Mogilny (6 votes [6.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

9. Joseph (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Lowe (1 votes [1.15%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.15%

11. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

12. PAT BURNS (23 votes [26.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

Class of 2012 will be announced at 3PM. Sakic and Shanahan are the obvious locks their first time on the ballot. Sundin and Roenick are eligible for the first time as well, but aren't considered shoo-ins just yet. Other notables include Oates, Bure, Lindros, Housley, Mogilny, and Joseph.

And of course, hopefully Pat Burns gets voted in.

4 is the max for players. What's everyone's hopes and predictions? For me:

Sakic
Shanahan
Oates
Bure

I think we see Sakic, Shanahan, Oates and Sundin.

Edited by devilsrule33, 26 June 2012 - 02:00 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

I think it could only be Oates and Bure. They are far better than any other options on the list.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#3 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

I don't think Roenick or Sundin are first ballot hall of famers.

#4 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Oates, Bure, Burns

EDIT: Did not see Sundin...Vote for Sundin

Edited by Zubie#8, 26 June 2012 - 10:42 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#5 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Sakic and Shanny are no-brainers. I think Sundin and Oates are in as well, and we max out the 4 players. Hope Burnsie gets in too. I'm still irate he didn't get in when he could've been here for it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#6 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:27 AM

I don't think Roenick or Sundin are first ballot hall of famers.

Sundin is a massively underrated player who spent the majority of his career playing in the Dead Puck era. Even losing a year and a half to lockout and playing in that era, he scored 564 goals. Had he played in the 1980s, he would've scored 700. He belongs in first ballot, it will only be the prejudice of the HHOF Selection Committee that would keep him out on the first go around.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#7 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

Sundin is a massively underrated player who spent the majority of his career playing in the Dead Puck era. Even losing a year and a half to lockout and playing in that era, he scored 564 goals. Had he played in the 1980s, he would've scored 700. He belongs in first ballot, it will only be the prejudice of the HHOF Selection Committee that would keep him out on the first go around.

I agree with you completely that Sundin should be a first ballot Hall of Famer. He was the model of consistency at an extremely high level.

But...I would rather see Pavel Bure in the Hall of Fame first. I think he was just the better play with a shorter career. Pavel Bure was playing during the same Dead Puck era and was putting up 60+ goals for many seasons.

#8 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hope Burns gets it so we can arrange a Burns day with the Habs or Leafs.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#9 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

All very good points. It's just personally, when I think Mats Sundin I just don't think fist ballet hall of famer.

#10 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

You should have Devils legend Dave Andreychuk on the list, even though I don't think he deserves it over the others.

His accumlated stats and longevity are eyepopping though

http://www.hockey-re.../andreda01.html

Games 1639
Goals 640
Assist 698
Points 1338

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 26 June 2012 - 11:54 AM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#11 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

You should have Devils legend Dave Andreychuk on the list, even though I don't think he deserves it over the others.

His accumlated stats and longevity are eyepopping though

http://www.hockey-re.../andreda01.html

Games 1639
Goals 640
Assist 698
Points 1338

Total mistake there to leave him off. I think he'll get in eventually but hopefully not for a long while.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#12 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

Pavel Bure :hail:

And Big E.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#13 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,689 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

I kinda hope Oates makes it today, that'd be one ridiculously memorable day between the HOF and getting a coaching gig.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#14 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Leaked that Oates, Bure, Sundin, and Sakic are your HHOF Class of 2012.

#15 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,689 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

No Shanny?
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#16 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

No Shanny?

Apparently not. I don't really get Sundin over Shanahan, but if you look at who is on the committee, there is a huge Toronto bias. Both are deserving, but I'd have Shanahan slotted above Sundin.

#17 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,425 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Absolutely disgusting Burnsy didnt get in.

#18 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

Apparently not. I don't really get Sundin over Shanahan, but if you look at who is on the committee, there is a huge Toronto bias. Both are deserving, but I'd have Shanahan slotted above Sundin.

I think Sundin was a better player than Shanahan. But I'm kind of amazed that Sundin would be voted in over Shanahan - one of them was born in the wrong country, and it's not Shanahan.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,724 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

All very good points. It's just personally, when I think Mats Sundin I just don't think fist ballet hall of famer.

I agree, but the guy was scary consistent...excluding his rookie year, final season and the strike-shortened '95 season, in his other 15 seasons in the NHL he had one season where he put up 114 points, a second where he put up 94 points, and finished with 72-85 points in each of the other 13 seasons. In other words, the guy was remarkably steady...I probably wouldn't have put in him in the first ballot, but almost definitely on the second.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#20 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Surprised over Shanny not making this cut.

And I'm still waiting for Mike Richter, certainly the most-accomplished (& perhaps best-ever) US-born goalkeeper (World Cup, Stanley Cup, Olympics)
And Sergei Makarov also has a great case, since its the Hokey Hall of Fame and not just the NHL Hall of Fame.

Next year seems like a lock for Nieds & Blake, and possibly Tkachuk will get in too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users