#1 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils

Lamoriello said the Devils may also lose Larry Robinson to retirement or as roving instructor. The GM said Robinson hasn't made a decision.

NNNnnnnnnoooOOOOOoooooOOOOoooooooooooooOOOoooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.SterioDesign.com

#2 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

This is a MUCH bigger loss IMO than Oates...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#3 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

:headless chicken: :headless chicken: :headless chicken: :headless chicken:

Lets not panic. Dave Barr will step in and if Robinson steps down I can see Stevens giving it a shot. I really wish Paul Maurice did not go to the KHL. Him and Debo would have been great.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#4 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

24 hours of bad news comng out of Newark. Let's get it out of the system now so we have good news to celebrate come Sunday. Ok, I'm being a little overly dramatic with this but it's a really slow news day.
Posted Image

#5 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

This is a MUCH bigger loss IMO than Oates...

not just IYO... i dont think there's a single fan who think otherwise... holy sh!t i hope he stays... the guy can still bunny hop like a champ he should really stay lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#6 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

:headless chicken: :headless chicken: :headless chicken: :headless chicken:

Lets not panic. Dave Barr will step in and if Robinson steps down I can see Stevens giving it a shot. I really wish Paul Maurice did not go to the KHL. Him and Debo would have been great.

Could there be any way/loophole Maurice could backout of the KHL deal?

n2eg.jpg

#7 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Could there be any way/loophole Maurice could backout of the KHL deal?

Pull a Malkin and sneak out of the country. :ph34r:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#8 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Lies, he spoke to us for a long time on the break off day and said it was up to Lou whether he comes back and he would like to come back.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#9 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Pull a Malkin and sneak out of the country. :ph34r:

Paul Maurice has been a head coach in this league for over 1000 games. Do you really think he's going to want to drop a head coaching gig (albeit in Russia) for a chance to be an assistant in NJ?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#10 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

Paul Maurice has been a head coach in this league for over 1000 games. Do you really think he's going to want to drop a head coaching gig (albeit in Russia) for a chance to be an assistant in NJ?

Yes.

Why wouldn't you want the chance to be on the coaching staff of the Eastern Conference Champions?

n2eg.jpg

#11 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

He is great friends with Deboer, thats why.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#12 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Maybe you're right, but I still don't see him backing out of a commitment he made less than a month ago and if he did I'd be worried about having to replace him mid-season when someone else fired their head coach and came looking.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#13 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

He is great friends with Deboer, thats why.

Paul Maurice has never been an assistant coach in his life. He's been coaching professionally since he was 25 and got his NHL start as a head coach at 28. Some guys are meant to be head coaches and not assistants. I am guessing that is how Maurice feels.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#14 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Paul Maurice has never been an assistant coach in his life. He's been coaching professionally since he was 25 and got his NHL start as a head coach at 28. Some guys are meant to be head coaches and not assistants. I am guessing that is how Maurice feels.

Obviouisly but he had to go to Russia to be a head coach, I am just saying that maybe if he wanted to stay in the NHL and it had to be as an asst. why not with his friend.

I was shocked that no NHL team picked up Maurice, I really thought the Caps would of talked to him.

Edited by Zubie#8, 26 June 2012 - 01:31 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#15 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

He'll be back. He always comes back. Honestly if anything I'd rather he "retire" (maybe be a special assignment coach who comes in during camp to help or something like that if he wants) then go to another team.

#16 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

he said the same thing before maclean got hired....probably for real this season....losing oates and robinson isn't a good thing
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#17 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

I have a feeling Robinson is thinking like Marty right now. They both had a lot of fun last season and they will be back for one more year.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#18 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

I want to see Larry bunny hop as we count down the seconds to grab the Stanley Cup. No excuses.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#19 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

I was really hoping out coaching staff would remain the same next year :mellow:

815631765.gif

#20 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

i'm hoping larry stays, i'm very happy to see oates go.

martyb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users