Janssen re-signs with NJ

DevilinLA

On a related note TG talked to Berniers agent and he said "they are very close to resigning" or something of that nature. Also they have talking to Gionta. Don't know about Carter.

Carter said his agent, Neil Sheehy, also has been talking with the Devils.

“It hasn’t been negotiating back and forth, but there is mutual interest and I think an interest to get something done, hopefully, before the first,” Carter said. “I like Jersey. I want to play for Jersey. I’ve had a good time there, good coaching staff, good management, and, obviously, winning helps. Making it to the Finals is important.”

Maybe Lou had a deal with Cam that if he didnt do anything really stupid he'd get another year. Only thing I can think of unless its just injury insurance for one of the 4th line guys. Oh well, hopefully him and Boulton are done here next year.

Carter said his agent, Neil Sheehy, also has been talking with the Devils.

“It hasn’t been negotiating back and forth, but there is mutual interest and I think an interest to get something done, hopefully, before the first,” Carter said. “I like Jersey. I want to play for Jersey. I’ve had a good time there, good coaching staff, good management, and, obviously, winning helps. Making it to the Finals is important.”

LOVE Carter, good hard working player, will play in any situation, says the right things, and a great teammate.

It's a league minimum 2 way contract for a guy that will most likely be in the minors barring injury. I'm not sure what people are getting upset about.

Because Janssen is a horrible NHL hockey player. He will not be in the minors - he wasn't last year, even when NJ was basically playing 7 forwards in 3rd periods. Vladimir Zharkov should go to Russia and the Devils deserve it - they deserve to lose a player who would help out. Because they insist on putting goon sized roadblocks in his way.

It's not even a league minimum contract. Janssen got a raise.

LOVE Carter, good hard working player, will play in any situation, says the right things, and a great teammate.

My favorite about TG's post is all the other UFAs saying that Lou's gt his attention elsewhere at the moment,

With Janssen, I imagine some intern printed out a form, was told the numbers to fill in, and sent by email saying take it or leave it.

Shhhh let them throw temper tantrums about nothing.

OMGSH NOW WE CAN'T SIGN PARIZEE

Except no one did anything of the sort. Everyone just knows Janssen is just a sh!tty hockey player who can't fight either.

My favorite about TG's post is all the other UFAs saying that Lou's gt his attention elsewhere at the moment,

With Janssen, I imagine some intern printed out a form, was told the numbers to fill in, and sent by email saying take it or leave it.

While very funny, could you imagine Lou ever allowing anyone else to do anything of the sort? Do the Devils even have anyone in management titled as assistant general manager? Lou probably doesn't let anyone talk to free agents or GMs, etc.

Edited by devilsrule33

Fight? He can fight but play? AHL level at most, not sure why LL did this but like Triumph said Sharky (Zarkhov) deserves a shot up here! I hope your wrong Triumph, I hope he stays in the NHL and plays this year.

LGD!!!!!

argh - i was praying this was a bump from last year. look - cam makes me laugh and he's definitely a nice guy but "what's the point ventura?!"

i mean, if he's gonna be the 13th guy and they're punting boulton, i guess i can be somewhat not terribly upset.

wrt his salary - are we sure the league minimum isn't going up?

Because Janssen is a horrible NHL hockey player. He will not be in the minors - he wasn't last year, even when NJ was basically playing 7 forwards in 3rd periods. Vladimir Zharkov should go to Russia and the Devils deserve it - they deserve to lose a player who would help out. Because they insist on putting goon sized roadblocks in his way.

It's not even a league minimum contract. Janssen got a raise.

The whole Zharkov situation really is a head scratcher, but it seems to go in line with the whole disconnect there was for the majority of the season in regards to the fourth line.

Disconnect meaning, DeBoer kept saying how he wanted a fourth line that could play some quality minutes and provide some depth. However, the actions of the organization were the exact opposite in that Bolton and Janssen continued to play. Now, I know none of us are professional scouts, but when you are a fan of the sport for a long enough time, there's no question that you can tell when a player "has it" or "doesn't have it." Boulton and Janssen do not have it. Zharkov on the other hand seemed to do everything that you would want a fourth line player to do. He has speed, forechecks hard, has some offensive instincts, and isn't a liability in the defensive zone. And yes, his stats aren't impressive and he was the king of missing opportunities during his time in the NHL...but getting opportunities says a player is doing something right. Whatever the reason is he was overlooked and bypassed during the season, it just doesn't make any sense for it to be hockey related.