49 replies to this topic

#21 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Shhhh let them throw temper tantrums about nothing.

OMGSH NOW WE CAN'T SIGN PARIZEE

Except no one did anything of the sort. Everyone just knows Janssen is just a sh!tty hockey player who can't fight either.

My favorite about TG's post is all the other UFAs saying that Lou's gt his attention elsewhere at the moment,

With Janssen, I imagine some intern printed out a form, was told the numbers to fill in, and sent by email saying take it or leave it.

While very funny, could you imagine Lou ever allowing anyone else to do anything of the sort? Do the Devils even have anyone in management titled as assistant general manager? Lou probably doesn't let anyone talk to free agents or GMs, etc.

Edited by devilsrule33, 27 June 2012 - 08:01 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#22 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Fight? He can fight but play? AHL level at most, not sure why LL did this but like Triumph said Sharky (Zarkhov) deserves a shot up here! I hope your wrong Triumph, I hope he stays in the NHL and plays this year.
LGD!!!!!

#23 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

i would have liked to have seen Bernier back first. Or Gio, but I guess we need some muscle for injury days during the year.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#24 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

argh - i was praying this was a bump from last year. look - cam makes me laugh and he's definitely a nice guy but "what's the point ventura?!"

i mean, if he's gonna be the 13th guy and they're punting boulton, i guess i can be somewhat not terribly upset.

wrt his salary - are we sure the league minimum isn't going up?

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#25 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:21 PM

Because Janssen is a horrible NHL hockey player. He will not be in the minors - he wasn't last year, even when NJ was basically playing 7 forwards in 3rd periods. Vladimir Zharkov should go to Russia and the Devils deserve it - they deserve to lose a player who would help out. Because they insist on putting goon sized roadblocks in his way.

It's not even a league minimum contract. Janssen got a raise.

The whole Zharkov situation really is a head scratcher, but it seems to go in line with the whole disconnect there was for the majority of the season in regards to the fourth line.
Disconnect meaning, DeBoer kept saying how he wanted a fourth line that could play some quality minutes and provide some depth. However, the actions of the organization were the exact opposite in that Bolton and Janssen continued to play. Now, I know none of us are professional scouts, but when you are a fan of the sport for a long enough time, there's no question that you can tell when a player "has it" or "doesn't have it." Boulton and Janssen do not have it. Zharkov on the other hand seemed to do everything that you would want a fourth line player to do. He has speed, forechecks hard, has some offensive instincts, and isn't a liability in the defensive zone. And yes, his stats aren't impressive and he was the king of missing opportunities during his time in the NHL...but getting opportunities says a player is doing something right. Whatever the reason is he was overlooked and bypassed during the season, it just doesn't make any sense for it to be hockey related.

#26 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

yea but zharkov has shown time and again that he will choke in front of the net, even if the goalie isn't available at the time.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#27 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Cup- ours.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,935 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

It's a league minimum 2 way contract for a guy that will most likely be in the minors barring injury. I'm not sure what people are getting upset about.

We said this last year, injuries or not this season showed Cam shouldn't be anywhere near the active roster in real games...he'd BETTER be in the minors this time around, especially if Boulton isn't bought out (he may be). Not only because Cam's bad, but because him being in the lineup is an automatic 25+ minute night for Kovy and increased minutes for everyone else too. We saw just how much Kovy and Elias got run down in the postseason this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 June 2012 - 08:55 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

After the way the 4th line played in the playoffs, I expect cam to be minor league protection. I could see him see NHL action with a boulton injury against certain teams, but other than that I think he will be bussing around the northeast most of the season.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#30 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

#31 Cirkus

Cirkus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Well I guess he'll start in those 6 games vs. the Rangers for the fighting majors to start the games. Other than that, I dunno.

#32 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Umm.. welcome back Cammer? Im 575k guys chill out.
Posted Image

#33 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

As much as I got into stats like Fenwick and Corsi this year, I do have a soft spot in my heart for this guy. I'm not going to get upset about a move like this. He'll play some tough games this year and won't see the ice in any important game. He'll be the 13th forward and I can live with that. Boulton on the other hand...I hope they buy him out. No need for two enforcers on the roster. There's really no need for one enforcer but I love that part of the game to just let it go completely.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#34 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

i guess we did bitch about clarkson coming back, and janssen might surprise us all with a break out 6 goal season.

martyb.jpg

#35 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

i guess we did bitch about clarkson coming back, and janssen might surprise us all with a break out 6 goal season.

Now that's just crazy talk :P

#36 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

brodeur is going to look like an idiot when he gets spanked by janssen for points.

martyb.jpg

#37 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,881 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

:rofl: Does Cam even have 6 goals in his career? Oh well, if Marty comes back, the two of them can bet on who has more points again. And Marty will win. Again.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#38 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

He off the 8 career goals
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#39 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:30 AM

Meh what are you going to do, i think he is being kept around because people on the team like him, simple as that, he adds something to the dressing room, and if you ever need a player to shake things (litterally) up a bit he is your guy.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#40 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

Meh what are you going to do, i think he is being kept around because people on the team like him, simple as that, he adds something to the dressing room, and if you ever need a player to shake things (litterally) up a bit he is your guy.

This.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users