49 replies to this topic

#41 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,125 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Meh what are you going to do, i think he is being kept around because people on the team like him, simple as that, he adds something to the dressing room, and if you ever need a player to shake things (litterally) up a bit he is your guy.

Oh well, I'll be the first to admit I don't get this one at all. But your reasoning sounds as good as any as to why he's being kept around. I'm at a bit of a loss on this.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#42 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:08 AM

Janssen is a good team player and will be used during the regular season against the ranger and flyers.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#43 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

Janssen is a good team player and will be used during the regular season against the ranger and flyers.

Hopefully not because we smoked those teams with an affective fourth line. I want to see Cam be the first one on for practice and that is it.

Edited by Zubie#8, 28 June 2012 - 08:23 AM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#44 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Santorelli was put on waivers by the Panthers... too bad he makes $1.6 million, otherwise he'd be a solid pickup for nothing. Just one season removed from 20 goals, still scored 9 last year (albeit with only 2 assists). But that's a lot of money for a player that could get 15 goals or only 5 and isn't very physical.

Sorry, this thought process started when considering possible replacements for Devils 4th liners if they didn't all re-sign.

/tangent

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#45 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

I have said this before Lou has lost his mind and is beyond being good since the lockout. Signing Janssen again proves me correct.

#46 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

yea but zharkov has shown time and again that he will choke in front of the net, even if the goalie isn't available at the time.

Still infinitely better than choking in front of your OWN net like Boulton and Janssen did shift after shift. The first part of a 4th liners role is to not get scored on - Zharkov handled that, Cam and Boulton did not.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#47 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

I have said this before Lou has lost his mind and is beyond being good since the lockout. Signing Janssen again proves me correct.

14 post season wins proves you wrong.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#48 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Poni
Zidlicky
Sykora
Carter
Bernier
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#49 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,457 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

i guess we did bitch about clarkson coming back, and janssen might surprise us all with a break out 6 shots on goal season.

MUCH BETTER B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#50 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

i love cam but jesus christ he cant skate.

wait until Lou is gone to determine if and when he "lost his mind"

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users