Photo

OT Where are you playing hockey this summer?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Assuming some of you guys play hockey, where are you playing hockey this summer (if at all)? I've taken the last year off, but and looking to play again. Just curious.

#2 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

I'd actually like to get something semi-regular going in the Woodbridge area if anyone's interested. I'm trying to get in shape and bike riding, while enjoyable, gets monotonous after awhile.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#3 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

i've been off for almost 2 years after an ACL tear in a men's league game, but I'm looking for a team as well in the morris county area

#4 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Aspen Ice @ Flemington Friday 9:45pm/15$
Bridgewater Sports Arena @ Bridgewater Friday 8pmish/11$
Steel Ice Center @ Bethlahem, PA Sat 9-10:15pm/13$

I play whenever I can but all these times are subject to change in the summer. Best to call before you head out.

815631765.gif

#5 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

For any New Yorkers out there I run a few pick up games in Northern Westchester county during the summer months at night.

#6 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

I run the adult league at Protec Ponds in Somerset, about ten minutes up Easton Ave from New Brunswick, exit 10 on I-287.

Our summer league is starting in about a week and a half, if anyone is looking to join a team or bring their team to a different league, let me know!

-8 games plus playoffs
-2 team practices scheduled by the captain
-Every team makes playoffs
-Free jersey if needed
-Stats, standings, and written game recaps on league website
-$185 for skaters, $135 for goalies

If interested you can register here: http://www.frontline...ogramid=6&uid=0

We are also running a tournament in August sponsored by Freddy's sports bar just up the street from the rink.

-C Division: August 3-5
-A Division: August 10-12
-B Division: August 10-12
-Minimum three games
-Top four teams advance to playoffs
-Prize pack sponsored by Freddy's Sports Bar & Grill
-Specials at Freddy's all weekend for tournament participants
-$1000 team fee, $850 if signed up before 7/29

In addition, I will be running a broomball league at the rink too from mid-July to late-August.

What is Broomball?
Broomball is a fun way to beat the heat while getting some exercise this summer!

Broomball is a winter sport played in ice arenas and community parks throughout the world. It is a game very similar to hockey in its formation and rules, but is not played with sticks or skates. A player uses a broom to maneuver a six-inch diameter ball up and down the ice. Not a good skater? No problem! Broomball is played on sneakers, anyone can play! Enjoy a hockey alternative this summer or bring some buddies to get them interested in hockey without the high cost or learning curve.

-Games are played on the mini rinks
-Saturdays between 4:00 and 5:15
-League meeting July 14th
-League runs July 21st to August 25th
-Teams will play three 20-minute games each Saturday
-15 regular season games, each team makes playoffs
-Helmet, broom, and sneakers are required
-$80, includes jersey

We also have open hockey on Saturdays from 10am to 11:45. $15 for skaters, goalies are free.

Any questions feel free to ask me!

Edited by devilsfan26, 28 June 2012 - 10:13 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#7 Kovys Puck

Kovys Puck

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:36 AM

Does anyone live in the Dallas metroplex (DFW) by chance? I would love to find a league down here but hockey just isn't as popular down here...

#8 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:07 AM

Assuming some of you guys play hockey, where are you playing hockey this summer (if at all)? I've taken the last year off, but and looking to play again. Just curious.

Same place I've been playing for the last four years...Twin Ponds in Harrisburg, PA.

Edited by NJCroMag, 29 June 2012 - 06:07 AM.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#9 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

Roller Hockey, GoodsportsUSA in Wall Township.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#10 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,917 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

I'd actually like to get something semi-regular going in the Woodbridge area if anyone's interested. I'm trying to get in shape and bike riding, while enjoyable, gets monotonous after awhile.

That rink is ripped up and gone for re-paving....so that's out......

besides that I have floor hockey in Morris Plains, Piscataway and on occasion in Kearney, and ice hockey in Montclair.....my hockey playing slate it pretty packed (as is my investing in protective braces and all sorts of aches and pains treatments :blink: )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#11 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

I play Roller hockey at ISCA, have been for a good decade, however, that might be coming to an end after this current season now that they 'terminated' two of my good friends from the team and they are no longer allowed to play at ISCA.

I might be 'moving my talents' to Skylands in northern jers for some ice hockey in the fall or as soon as i buy some new ice hockey equipment.

I might also still play some roller in morristown.

I rarely play outdoor roller because the wear and tear on my equipment.
Posted Image

#12 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

I run the adult league at Protec Ponds in Somerset, about ten minutes up Easton Ave from New Brunswick, exit 10 on I-287.

Our summer league is starting in about a week and a half, if anyone is looking to join a team or bring their team to a different league, let me know!

-8 games plus playoffs
-2 team practices scheduled by the captain
-Every team makes playoffs
-Free jersey if needed
-Stats, standings, and written game recaps on league website
-$185 for skaters, $135 for goalies

If interested you can register here: http://www.frontline...ogramid=6&uid=0

Dude, I think I know who you are. I did the adult 101/102s at Protec.

Anyway, I've been playing in a league in Montclair and open at Union Sports Arena.

We are also running a tournament in August sponsored by Freddy's sports bar just up the street from the rink.

-C Division: August 3-5
-A Division: August 10-12
-B Division: August 10-12
-Minimum three games
-Top four teams advance to playoffs
-Prize pack sponsored by Freddy's Sports Bar & Grill
-Specials at Freddy's all weekend for tournament participants
-$1000 team fee, $850 if signed up before 7/29

In addition, I will be running a broomball league at the rink too from mid-July to late-August.

What is Broomball?
Broomball is a fun way to beat the heat while getting some exercise this summer!

Broomball is a winter sport played in ice arenas and community parks throughout the world. It is a game very similar to hockey in its formation and rules, but is not played with sticks or skates. A player uses a broom to maneuver a six-inch diameter ball up and down the ice. Not a good skater? No problem! Broomball is played on sneakers, anyone can play! Enjoy a hockey alternative this summer or bring some buddies to get them interested in hockey without the high cost or learning curve.

-Games are played on the mini rinks
-Saturdays between 4:00 and 5:15
-League meeting July 14th
-League runs July 21st to August 25th
-Teams will play three 20-minute games each Saturday
-15 regular season games, each team makes playoffs
-Helmet, broom, and sneakers are required
-$80, includes jersey

We also have open hockey on Saturdays from 10am to 11:45. $15 for skaters, goalies are free.

Any questions feel free to ask me!

Dude, I think I know you. I did the adult 101/102 at protec. I've been playing in leagues in Montclair and open in Union Sports Arena.

Edited by Jmorc2003, 29 June 2012 - 10:32 AM.

#13 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

Aspen Ice @ Flemington Friday 9:45pm/15$
Bridgewater Sports Arena @ Bridgewater Friday 8pmish/11$
Steel Ice Center @ Bethlahem, PA Sat 9-10:15pm/13$

I play whenever I can but all these times are subject to change in the summer. Best to call before you head out.

I'm assuming these are the open hockey times for these places? I used to go to protec, but I haven't been on the ice in a couple years and BSA is a bit closer to me as I'm in Hunterdon.

#14 socbrian

socbrian

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Anyone play at Mennen?

#15 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

I'm assuming these are the open hockey times for these places? I used to go to protec, but I haven't been on the ice in a couple years and BSA is a bit closer to me as I'm in Hunterdon.

Yes sir

815631765.gif

#16 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,917 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

Dude, I think I know you. I did the adult 101/102 at protec. I've been playing in leagues in Montclair and open in Union Sports Arena.

What league in Montclair??

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#17 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

I play in Finland. :ph34r:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#18 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

What league in Montclair??

AIL. I havent played since since spring '11 because I decided to buy a house and have a kid which pretty much use up all my spare time and money. Hoping to be back next winter.

#19 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,917 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

AIL. I havent played since since spring '11 because I decided to buy a house and have a kid which pretty much use up all my spare time and money. Hoping to be back next winter.

heh, me too been playing since Spring '10

#20 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

That rink is ripped up and gone for re-paving....so that's out......

besides that I have floor hockey in Morris Plains, Piscataway and on occasion in Kearney, and ice hockey in Montclair.....my hockey playing slate it pretty packed (as is my investing in protective braces and all sorts of aches and pains treatments :blink: )

That's disappointing, though it desperately needs the re-paving. Wonder if there are any other rinks near me.

Or I might just eventually lose it and bring nets and set up a game in the Kean parking lot at some point when I'm bored at work. It'll be like Clerks, only lamer.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users