Photo

OT Where are you playing hockey this summer?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Haven't played since I moved to Brooklyn, it's a bitch to get ice time, but I used to like the pick up game at Floyd Hall in Montclair.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#22 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Deer Wood in Howell
Howell Ice World
Wall Sports Arena

#23 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

In addition, I will be running a broomball league at the rink too from mid-July to late-August.

What is Broomball?
Broomball is a fun way to beat the heat while getting some exercise this summer!

Broomball is a winter sport played in ice arenas and community parks throughout the world. It is a game very similar to hockey in its formation and rules, but is not played with sticks or skates. A player uses a broom to maneuver a six-inch diameter ball up and down the ice. Not a good skater? No problem! Broomball is played on sneakers, anyone can play! Enjoy a hockey alternative this summer or bring some buddies to get them interested in hockey without the high cost or learning curve.

-Games are played on the mini rinks
-Saturdays between 4:00 and 5:15
-League meeting July 14th
-League runs July 21st to August 25th
-Teams will play three 20-minute games each Saturday
-15 regular season games, each team makes playoffs
-Helmet, broom, and sneakers are required
-$80, includes jersey

Did not know there was such thing as organized broomball. Do you play with actual brooms? The only time I ever played, we were provided with broomsticks that had small (barely larger than a hand), plastic triangles attached to their bottoms. That made sense since the ball was hard rubber (not flexible like a kickball).
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#24 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

Friday night pickup games in Orangeburg, NY

Usually have 6 guys at least for 3-on-3. Best night we had was 14.

Occasionally play at Sport-o-Rama in Monsey, NY and even rarer i make it to Ice House in Hackensack.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

That's disappointing, though it desperately needs the re-paving. Wonder if there are any other rinks near me.

Or I might just eventually lose it and bring nets and set up a game in the Kean parking lot at some point when I'm bored at work. It'll be like Clerks, only lamer.

I heard there is an outdoor rink behind a school somewhere in Clark or Cranford. As for Fords Park (Woodbridge) I called the county parks department and they said it should be done in September and will have a smooth blue surface, so I think it will be pretty nice.

Did not know there was such thing as organized broomball. Do you play with actual brooms? The only time I ever played, we were provided with broomsticks that had small (barely larger than a hand), plastic triangles attached to their bottoms. That made sense since the ball was hard rubber (not flexible like a kickball).

Yeah ours isn't going to be too official, it's pretty much all broomball beginners looking for something fun to do in the summer. Real broomball is played with the thing you described but players in our league can use that if they have one or just bring any old broom.

Edited by devilsfan26, 30 June 2012 - 01:14 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

I heard there is an outdoor rink behind a school somewhere in Clark or Cranford. As for Fords Park (Woodbridge) I called the county parks department and they said it should be done in September and will have a smooth blue surface, so I think it will be pretty nice.

I live in Cranford and the outdoor roller hockey rink is in Clark. I haven't played there, but stumbled across it once.

#27 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,886 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

I live in Cranford and the outdoor roller hockey rink is in Clark. I haven't played there, but stumbled across it once.

Do you happen to know where in Clark? Parts of Clark are pretty close to me.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#28 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Are there any adult leagues in the Trenton area? For years I played street/floor hockey as a teen, but haven't played in years. I want to play again, but have no idea where to start looking. Thanks in advance!
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#29 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

Do you happen to know where in Clark? Parts of Clark are pretty close to me.

Sorry, I honestly couldn't tell ya. I came across once while house hunting. All I know is its somewhere in the residential neighborhoods off of Raritan Rd or Lake Ave (and even that isn't 100% certain). I'm sure if you look up the township website you'll be able to find it.

#30 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

I might also still play some roller in morristown.

What league do you play in there?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#31 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

What league do you play in there?

http://www.inlinemorristown.com/
Posted Image

#32 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

http://www.inlinemorristown.com/

Which division I mean, I play there too during the fall and winter.

Edited by devilsfan26, 02 July 2012 - 12:13 PM.

--John Buccigross

#33 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

Which division I mean, I play there too during the fall and winter.

I'm not sure yet. I haven't played there in a while, so I have to maybe feel it out.

You ever play at ISCA? The highest I played at ISCA in Wallington, was Division 3, lowest was Division 7.

Edited by lucifer91, 02 July 2012 - 12:22 PM.

Posted Image

#34 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

I'm not sure yet. I haven't played there in a while, so I have to maybe feel it out.

You ever play at ISCA? The highest I played at ISCA in Wallington, was Division 3, lowest was Division 7.

I only played there in a tournament around Thanksgiving this past fall, never played in the league there. That rink is pretty small and it's kind of a far drive for me.
--John Buccigross

#35 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

I only played there in a tournament around Thanksgiving this past fall, never played in the league there. That rink is pretty small and it's kind of a far drive for me.

Yeah, its farther for me to but I like how its run better than morristown....but thats changing with some of the Refs they have at ISCA that are so biased that I know when I see a particular ref we are going to lose that night
Posted Image

#36 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Yeah, its farther for me to but I like how its run better than morristown....but thats changing with some of the Refs they have at ISCA that are so biased that I know when I see a particular ref we are going to lose that night

Ah yeah Morristown is kind of a hike for me too, but I play on the Surge and everyone on the team has to play in the house league there too.
--John Buccigross

#37 gionta182

gionta182

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

I play in AIL at Floyd Hall and Div. 8 at Ice House, plus the adult clinic at Skylands and the HNA summer clinic at Mennen. I also do the floor hockey league in Morris Plains.

Funny thing is, my plan was to take the summer off, concentrate on soccer, and then come back to my two hockey teams in the fall. So much for that plan! My soccer league season got canceled, so I ended up loading up on more ice time.
"I was just happy I didn't have anymore facial damage. Luckily it was Mike Mottau shooting the puck; He can't hurt a fly with that shot." - Devils center Bobby Holik after being credited with a goal against the Ducks on 1/11/09 after a puck deflected off his helmet and into the net

#38 NJD_3_Cups

NJD_3_Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

Friday night pickup games in Orangeburg, NY

Usually have 6 guys at least for 3-on-3. Best night we had was 14.

Occasionally play at Sport-o-Rama in Monsey, NY and even rarer i make it to Ice House in Hackensack.

Are you talking about Veterans Park in Orangeburgh, NY? The huge sports complex?
Let the fire in your eyes light the way...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users