22 replies to this topic

#21 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

That will cost some money and arena issues. The bigger goal is interesting though since the goalie pads are becoming astronomical.

Yeah they'd probably have to lose the front row in every arena. I'm guessing they'd only add a couple of feet on around so it might not be that big of an issue. GM's and owners would have to vote on that.

#22 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,303 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Didn't think it warranted it's own thread but the AHL is also going to use video review this season

http://theahl.com/bo...ncludes-p178164
Video Review
The Board has approved the use of a video goal-review system for AHL games beginning with the 2012-13 season.

#23 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

I don't think they need bigger nets, I think that is too big of a change to the fundamentals of the sport. As far as I know, the nets have always been 6 X 4. They just need to have equipment size restrictions that are actually useful.

As for the icing rule, I'm in favor of the hybrid rule. I like the races for the puck and I like reducing serious injuries so the hybrid rule works for me.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users