518 replies to this topic

#241 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

He has to pay Melanie, at least 3.5 million over the next seven years. I'd be looking to see if someone wanted to pay me an extra 10 milion if I were in his shoes.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#242 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Lou wouldn't lowball Marty.

Marty may need a payday but he has to realize were tight on money and trying to re-sign the new face of our franchise.

#243 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

According to Andy Strickland's twitter page the Devils (should they lose Marty. Key word is SHOULD) might make a move for Lu. Help us all if Marty leaves and we take on that choke artist

n2eg.jpg

#244 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

According to Andy Strickland's twitter page the Devils (should they lose Marty. Key word is SHOULD) might make a move for Lu. Help us all if Marty leaves and we take on that choke artist

At least his regular season numbers are good, but nooooooooo.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#245 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Wonderful, watch a guy that gets treated like a god walk out the door and replace him with a guy Devil fans ALREADY hate on sight, both because of the fact he's a rival for Marty on Team Canada, and because of his overinflated pads and choker reputation. They couldn't handpick a worse replacement for Marty, other than throwing a nameless kid in there.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 30 June 2012 - 08:25 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#246 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

I don't see Marty signing somewhere else if it calls for playing the Devils regularly if he decides to leave. Chicago is a possibility as is Detroit out west. Perhaps Boston if he did sign with an eastern team.

#247 Default

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Without the Canadian pressure, and a decent defense in front of him Luongo could thrive here.

#248 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Marty in a different uniform and Luongo in a Devils uniform would be enough to put me in an insane asylum. Add in Zach leaving, and yeah... Get me a straight jacket.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#249 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Without the Canadian pressure, and a decent defense in front of him Luongo could thrive here.

This.

But my God please I want Marty to never ever wear another sweater. :kill:

Edited by Zubie#8, 30 June 2012 - 10:40 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#250 Cirkus

Cirkus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

No no please no. Luongo has no mental toughness and can't play in tough spots. Marty in his prime could, he loved that time (ok maybe not playoff OT's so much). And then this past year he was back to old form and played his best when needed. Luongo folds and falls apart when it counts most. That would guarantee basically terrible Octobers and Novembers (he seems to be a slow starter), we'd be fine from then until April or so and out of the playoffs every year Luongo played here. No thank you. And what on earth would Vancouver want for him? Whatever it is, its not worth it.

#251 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

Wonderful, watch a guy that gets treated like a god walk out the door and replace him with a guy Devil fans ALREADY hate on sight, both because of the fact he's a rival for Marty on Team Canada, and because of his overinflated pads and choker reputation. They couldn't handpick a worse replacement for Marty, other than throwing a nameless kid in there.

Seriously. Can't make this stuff up.

#252 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

Marty in a different uniform and Luongo in a Devils uniform would be enough to put me in an insane asylum. Add in Zach leaving, and yeah... Get me a straight jacket.

This, this, and more of this.

Tomorrow could be a bad day, a bad day indeed.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#253 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

Im a devils fans since im 8 years old because of Marty... Im 28 now... Im also canadian so i basically never had to root against Marty of my entire life (i know most of you guys did at the olympics and all)

So please Marty dont make me go through this, re-sign or retire.

www.SterioDesign.com

#254 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:11 AM

Could be worst... Imagine replacing brodeur by trading henrique + merril for Bryzgalov....

Yes. Go on. Imagine it.

www.SterioDesign.com

#255 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,177 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

I don't really want to get into this conversation until we have to but if we end up having to I'd rather have Luongo then most of the other goalies out there. At least we would have someone who we know puts up good numbers in the regular season. There aren't too many other options out there.

#256 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:59 AM

I don't really want to get into this conversation until we have to but if we end up having to I'd rather have Luongo then most of the other goalies out there. At least we would have someone who we know puts up good numbers in the regular season. There aren't too many other options out there.

Makes zero sense for the amount of money he has to be paid and what you would have to give up to get him.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#257 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

You can get a lot of goalies to put up numbers in the regular season that don't come with Lu's baggage. With his contract it HAS to work out or the Devils have tied themselves up for years.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#258 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,177 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

You can get a lot of goalies to put up numbers in the regular season that don't come with Lu's baggage. With his contract it HAS to work out or the Devils have tied themselves up for years.

Who though? There isn't a single UFA that is any good.

#259 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Im a devils fans since im 8 years old because of Marty... Im 28 now... Im also canadian so i basically never had to root against Marty of my entire life (i know most of you guys did at the olympics and all)

So please Marty dont make me go through this, re-sign or retire.

I'm as American as apple pie and Chevrolet, but I didn't even root against Marty then. I can honestly say I've NEVER rooted against him. Sure I wanted us to win gold in 2002, but I couldn't bring myself to actually cheer a goal against Marty.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#260 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,428 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Makes zero sense for the amount of money he has to be paid and what you would have to give up to get him.

What do you have to give up to get him? He has an albatross of a contract, especially for teams that want to spend long term. He also cannot play there next year because his mere existence is cancerous, even if he's a good guy. Luongo has "voltron junk trade" written all over him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users