518 replies to this topic

#261 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

I'm as American as apple pie and Chevrolet, but I didn't even root against Marty then. I can honestly say I've NEVER rooted against him. Sure I wanted us to win gold in 2002, but I couldn't bring myself to actually cheer a goal against Marty.

That makes sense since Chevys haven't been really American in years. :P

and I rooted against Marty in the Olympics, country always comes before club for me.

#262 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,950 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

At most you'd probably have to give up Tallinder, plus one of our d-prospects or a pick and that might even be stretching it. And you could replace Tallinder by bringing back Sal.

I mean hell, LAST time he was traded he only got Alex Auld and other junk in return, and he wasn't as toxic then as he is now. Getting him isn't the problem, having him is.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 July 2012 - 08:27 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#263 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,910 posts

What do you have to give up to get him? He has an albatross of a contract, especially for teams that want to spend long term. He also cannot play there next year because his mere existence is cancerous, even if he's a good guy. Luongo has "voltron junk trade" written all over him.

This. The mistake Vancouver made was signing Schneider to that extension BEFORE trading Luongo, because now they have $9 mil tied up in 2 goaltenders. They fvcked themselves even worse on a Luongo return. He'll go for peanuts when he goes, I have little doubt.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#264 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

What do you have to give up to get him? He has an albatross of a contract, especially for teams that want to spend long term. He also cannot play there next year because his mere existence is cancerous, even if he's a good guy. Luongo has "voltron junk trade" written all over him.

Vancouver can afford to hold on to him until a good offer comes around. And if they were content with junk, he would have been traded a long time ago.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#265 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

That makes sense since Chevys haven't been really American in years. :P

and I rooted against Marty in the Olympics, country always comes before club for me.

Put it this way: it was a LOT easier to root for team USA in 2010 with choker boy in net for Canada. I wanted us to win in 02, but I didn't get excited when we scored. I couldn't bring myself to actually cheer against Marty. It would just be... Weird.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#266 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Put it this way: it was a LOT easier to root for team USA in 2010 with choker boy in net for Canada. I wanted us to win in 02, but I didn't get excited when we scored. I couldn't bring myself to actually cheer against Marty. It would just be... Weird.

I mean, I cheered when we scored in the first game against Canada in 2010 when Marty was in net. It felt a little weird, but as far as I'm concerned, if his teammates can score against him no problem, then I can cheer against him.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#267 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

If Marty goes, I hope the Devils re-sign Hedberg and work him in tandem with one of our young prospects. Hedberg has a good 45 games in him, and he could be an excellent mentor for a young, up-and-coming goaltender.

#268 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

If Marty goes, I hope the Devils re-sign Hedberg and work him in tandem with one of our young prospects. Hedberg has a good 45 games in him, and he could be an excellent mentor for a young, up-and-coming goaltender.

There's no goalie in our system who is ready for that yet.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#269 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hedberg may go to a team close to his ATL home.

I would not be stunned to see the Flyers go after him.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#270 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

i dont know guys, you gotta remember this is a business. im all for loyalty to a player, and we have been to brodeur. i would hope for the same loyalty back. the only mary money issue we should be talking about is the discounted contract that marty is willing to take to help make his team better

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#271 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

Not rumors but a lot of speculation on twitter from credible guys (Andy Strickland, EJ Hradek) about Chicago's possible interest in Brodeur. Will be interesting to see if that picks up into any sort of credible rumor.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#272 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

i dont know guys, you gotta remember this is a business. im all for loyalty to a player, and we have been to brodeur. i would hope for the same loyalty back. the only mary money issue we should be talking about is the discounted contract that marty is willing to take to help make his team better

Like the extension he signed for well below market at the time so that the team had money for people like Gomez?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#273 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Is today the first day marty is not a devil?
Devils.

#274 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger Leafs have plaved a call to Pat Brisson with interest in Martin Brodeur. A simple inquiry..nothing more.

Edited by ben00rs, 01 July 2012 - 12:04 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#275 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

we really gotta start thinking about plan Bs. i never actually believed that we could lose both parise and marty within a month. cmon Lou, I hope its something big because we would need it

in lou we trust

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#276 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

If Marty goes anywhere, him going to Toronto would be the most shocking. I think he hates them more than the Rangers.

Jeremy Brodeur just tweeted this:

I dont wanna be a black hawks fan..

#277 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:08 PM

For whatever it's worth...

jeremy brodeur ‏@JBrodeur30 Devils should sign suter #maybe? #FreeAgentFrenzy

jeremy brodeur ‏@JBrodeur30 I dont wanna be a black hawks fan..

#278 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

This is so Bizarre!!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#279 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun Now told Blackhawks have indeed reached out to Brodeur camp...

Edited by ben00rs, 01 July 2012 - 12:12 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#280 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Oh brother.. well if we lose Marty what about Tim Thomas? Or did he decide he is 100% taking the year off.

n2eg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users