Photo

You Be Lou

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: You Be Lou (99 member(s) have cast votes)

What to do with Marty

1. Overpay Brodeur to keep him around (41 votes [41.41%])

Percentage of vote: 41.41%

2. Let him walk if he is asking too much (58 votes [58.59%])

Percentage of vote: 58.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Pay the NHL's all-time winningest goalie and the New Jersey Devils' all-time greatest player what he wants. He deserves it.

#22 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Wait, I'm Lou?

Instead of voting, I will simply place my answer here:

Everything with Brodeur is status quo.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#23 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

You have to overpay him but only after you re-sign Parise or lose him to the fvcking PengWings.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#24 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Just pay

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,547 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Realistically, where the hell else is going to go? If he thinks other teams are gonna break their budget to fit him in....he's kinda nuts too :blink:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,066 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

I'd rather give Marty one year at $5 million than two years at $2.5...but yeah I'd lean toward the side of overpaying too. Mainly because I wouldn't be able to stomach our idiot fans saying you suck and doing the Marty chant against him when whoever he went to comes in next season.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#27 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:52 PM

Great organizations know when its time to cut bait w/ vertan players... Zach is far far more importrant to the future of the this club..

no more than $2.5Mil per for marty
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#28 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

I'd rather give Marty one year at $5 million than two years at $2.5...but yeah I'd lean toward the side of overpaying too. Mainly because I wouldn't be able to stomach our idiot fans saying you suck and doing the Marty chant against him when whoever he went to comes in next season.

If Marty returned as a visiting player and our fanbase did the Marty chant I would be appalled. A big portion of our fan base seems to be moronic anyway, so I wouldn't be shocked by it.

Great organizations know when its time to cut bait w/ vertan players... Zach is far far more importrant to the future of the this club..

no more than $2.5Mil per for marty

Again, there is 0 chance he signs a deal for $2.5

NONE

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#29 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Zach comes first. Assuming we keep Zach, give Marty what he wants. His value is high for us -- we'd overpay more for another big time goalie, and we need somebody to mentor Wedgewood. I'd just as soon have Marty do that in some capacity, both next year and after he retires.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#30 crashline

crashline

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

As sad as it is to say, I can 100% see this happening. It would be fueled by the same fans who kept starting the "Rangers Suck" chants DURING THE STANLEY CUP FINAL games.

Back to the original question, I like how everyone is saying either "overpay him AFTER we re-sign Parise" or "overpay him, but JUST for 1 year." Okay, 1) if we are having a tough enough time solely trying to re-sign Parise, what makes you think we are going to somehow pull both of the deals off? 2) What if he DOES want to come back the next year, similar to Brett Favre? Are we going to tell him sorry, but it was just for that one year?

I would HATE to see Marty go anywhere else. But to be honest, if it's between him and Parise, it's a no brainer.
Posted Image

#31 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

Look at the numbers, decide whether or not it fits in with the future of the Devils. If it doesn't, let him go. Try the best you can to keep him. He may be deciding to play only 1 more year for a bonanza. Our current priority is winning the cup while they have this team. Dont ignore the future if a deal cant be worked out. Still love ya, Marty!!

#32 Kovys Puck

Kovys Puck

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

This time tomorrow do you think he is signed? I can't take another week of this...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users