14 replies to this topic

#1 JakeDev

JakeDev

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

If Marty leaves and so does Parise..... our team would obviously take a huge hit. What would our money situation look like? Would this not give us a lot of money to maybe get someone big? If Marty and Parise leave does this mean we take a stab at Luongo ?

#2 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'll bite. There is no possible worst case, if Parise signs, Brodeur may leave, if Parise walks, we will sign Brodeur.

Luongo would be disastrous, he will have the pressure of having to win every single game to make the fans happy and will be booed with any bad streak. His contract sucks too.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

If Marty leaves and so does Parise..... our team would obviously take a huge hit. What would our money situation look like? Would this not give us a lot of money to maybe get someone big? If Marty and Parise leave does this mean we take a stab at Luongo ?

Not a chance on Luongo.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#4 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Worst Case scenario is probably panicking after Parise leaves, giving Brodeur 2 years / 12 million. Then signing Ryan Smyth to a 3 year contract.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#5 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

Jesus with these threads

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#6 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I guess technically the worst case would be both leave. All the pre-season mags will have us ranked 12th or so in the Eastern Conference or in the case of the guy filling in on Hockey Central At Noon today, he said we could be in on the Nathan McKinnon (sp?) sweepstakes as the 1st pick in next years draft.

In reality though, if Sal, Marty and Parise all leave, I still think we'll have the exact same regualr season we just had. Yeah, we may lose Parise but we just went most of this year without Zajac. Just slide Elias back to LW and move Henrique up to 2nd line C. Brodeur had a nice playoff but we'll be able to replace his regualr season productivity pretty easily. Also, I'm excited because I think we're finally back to playing legitimate NHL players on our 4th line which we didn't do until the playoffs this past year. I look for us to finish 6th again next year and then I'll go into the playoffs thinking I'll be happy just to get to the second round, just like this year.

Edited by Lateralous, 29 June 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#7 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Luongo would be disastrous, he will have the pressure of having to win every single game to make the fans happy and will be booed with any bad streak. His contract sucks too.

They're not booing, they're Luuuuuuuu-ing. :whistling:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#8 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:37 PM

I guess technically the worst case would be both leave. All the pre-season mags will have us ranked 12th or so in the Eastern Conference or in the case of the guy filling in on Hockey Central At Noon today, he said we could be in on the Nathan McKinnon (sp?) sweepstakes as the 1st pick in next years draft.

In reality though, if Sal, Marty and Parise all leave, I still think we'll have the exact same regualr season we just had. Yeah, we may lose Parise but we just went most of this year without Zajac. Just slide Elias back to LW and move Henrique up to 2nd line C. Brodeur had a nice playoff but we'll be able to replace his regualr season productivity pretty easily. Also, I'm excited because I think we're finally back to playing legitimate NHL players on our 4th line which we didn't do until the playoffs this past year. I look for us to finish 6th again next year and then I'll go into the playoffs thinking I'll be happy just to get to the second round, just like this year.

Boy, get to the SCF and get no respect at all. Fvck that Guy!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,047 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

The 1st overall pick? Really? It's absolutely amazing the lack of respect. I'm convinced we could win 4 straight Cups 80's Isles style and people would still talk about us like this.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#10 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

Jeff Marek said it in the context of (paraphrasing) "It could be an incredible story of a team going from the Stanley cup to the Nathan McKinnon sweepstakes in a year if they lose Brodeur and Parise." Talk about overreaction.

Worst case is we go through all of this and don't get a new owner.

#11 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

You guys don't get floor psychology. If the asking price isn't too high, they definitely could end up with Luongo.

#12 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,545 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

You guys don't get floor psychology. If the asking price isn't too high, they definitely could end up with Luongo.

Luongo's salary is 1.5M above his cap hit. The floor isn't staying where it is. You are going to see lots of teams under the floor when the lockout happens.

Edited by Triumph, 29 June 2012 - 07:41 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#13 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

Teams trying to attract investors don't trade for a 33 year old "backup" with 10 years left on his contract. That still 40-50 million of real money any way you look at it.

Edited by Lateralous, 29 June 2012 - 07:58 PM.

#14 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

worst case scenario is waaaaay worse, this is 2012 after all.

i am confident we will be back in the hunt... winning is winning

we just went to the SCF i guess i got to get used to these threads.
Posted Image

#15 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Worst case senario is that the team goes belly-up or moves elsewhere. Lou seems to have his mojo back. Trust in that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users