Moose re-signs

squishyx

A source said Hedberg agreed to a two-year deal that gives him a slight raise from his salary of $1.25 million last season. The deal also includes a full no-trade clause—as did his previous two contacts with the Devils.

src

Can't edit the title but TG now confirming it's 1.4m over the 2 years.

Edited by squishyx

Pretty much tells you what LL thinks about the goalies in the system...guess he thinks anyone who has a shot is at least a year away, but more likely two.

The Devils must really be high on Wedgewood then... Locking up Marty and Moose for two years says the chair is there waiting for you, Son.

My thoughts exactly. One more year for Wedge in juniors followed by a year in Albany is what I'd guess the plan is. After that, who knows?

Pretty much tells you what LL thinks about the goalies in the system...guess he thinks anyone who has a shot is at least a year away, but more likely two.

I think this is more lockout protection for these guys. I think it would be pretty foolhardy to assume that any of the prospects will be NHL-ready this year.

RSC: Wedgewood isn't going back to juniors this year.

I think this is more lockout protection for these guys. I think it would be pretty foolhardy to assume that any of the prospects will be NHL-ready this year.

Well given the combined ages of the goaltenders, I think it's pretty safe to assume that one of the prospects will be called up this year and next. Whether it's for a length of time where they actually must play a game or two, who knows.

My thoughts exactly. One more year for Wedge in juniors followed by a year in Albany is what I'd guess the plan is. After that, who knows?

Wedgewood, Frazee, Kinkaid, and Clermont will be playing in the AHL or ECHL. According to what Lou said right after the draft, who plays where will be up to them. Sounds like he's gonna throw them in a room with a pointy stick like Joker did in the Dark Knight and see which one comes out.

Even better, I guess. Two years of professional experience and then it's between Wedge/Kinkaid/Frazee

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice

Teammates love Hedberg and, in particular, he serves as a mentor to the young Swedes on the team.

I failed to mention this earlier, but I think bringing back Hedberg is invaluable for Devils. He has great relationship with Brodeur.

I did not see this coming....2 more years of Marty & Moose ?

OK, Moose's salary can be bought out easily.

But I can't see how our chances of success in the post-season have increased with these 2 signings.

/me thinks this year #30 over-achieved & I do not see it happening again in 9-10 months time....

Teammates love Hedberg and, in particular, he serves as a mentor to the young Swedes on the team.

I failed to mention this earlier, but I think bringing back Hedberg is invaluable for Devils. He has great relationship with Brodeur.

This is EXACTLY what I had said a little while back about bringing back Hedberg. I know a lot of people don't think about it like that, but having a vet around to kinda be like a father figure to them, to mentor, to just help them adjust to life in the NHL and life in NJ for that matter. It's a big thing for these young guys, especially until they get the security of their first contract that has that 7th digit in it.