#1 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
RT @dchesnokov: #NJD forward Vladimir Zharkov signed a two year contract with CSKA in the #KHL.

#2 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Non-confidence from Lou and Deboer finally got to him I guess, maybe we will play him in two years if he learns to shoot the puck in between the pipes.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#3 skullsmasher

skullsmasher

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

I doubt we'll ever see him again. It was like we were all waiting for something to happen that I don't think ever will.

#4 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

goodbye sweet prince

#5 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

Very dissapointed.

Its highly unlikley that the signing of Cam had any effect of Sharky walking, but it is pretty dissapointing when you lose a player like sharky and keep a "player" like Cam around.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#6 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

Good for him. Hope he makes good money and gets to play a lot - 'cause he wasn't going to be able to do either in North America this season. Hope he does well.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#7 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:59 AM

:evilcry:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#8 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

I liked a lot of what I saw from this kid in his limited time here. He had good wheels and was good on the forecheck. He just couldn't finish to save his life. Still, I was surprised he didn't make the team on the 4th line out of camp last season or get a call up throughout the season and, as others have already said, it seemed like he was never really given a shot here for some reason.

Wish him the best in Moscow.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 03 July 2012 - 08:46 AM.

Posted Image

#9 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

Thought he deserved another shot.

#10 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

Good for him. No point in playing here in NA if you're not in the big leagues. Not a huge loss for us except Albany is much weaker now. We already have a 4th line in place with Cam as our fighter so he had no shot here unless he planned on cracking the top 9 in camp or pushing out one of Bernier/Carter/Gionta.

#11 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hopefully he improves a bit at CSKA and comes back here on a one-year deal but I'm not counting on it. Seemingly only Lemaire saw the value of this player.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#12 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Best of luck to him. I mean, I doubt he was going to see NHL time this year.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#13 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:31 AM

Peace!

#14 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,007 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Very dissapointed.

Its highly unlikley that the signing of Cam had any effect of Sharky walking, but it is pretty dissapointing when you lose a player like sharky and keep a "player" like Cam around.

They are 2 totally different players with totally different roles.

I don't see this as a surprise at all. When he wasn't getting called up this year at all, it seemed pretty obvious that he was no longer in the teams plans. I think a couple of people here speculated that he and Lou had agreed that he would be moving on if he didn't make the team out of camp.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#15 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

I will never understand why DeBo never played him.

#16 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Zharkov got lost in the numbers game. Watching him, it's easy to see he's more effective than anyone on next years 4th line, but Zharkov mainly got his chances playing 5 minutes a night with line killers like Cam. :lol:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#17 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

#FREEZHARKOV

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#18 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

Okay, I am going to rant a bit here: I think that the Devils system is now sabotaging the development of players like Zharkov. Because LL is always in a 'win now, we don't ever rebuild" mode, there is an extremely short leash for young and inexperienced players to develop. As it is we have had relatively few draft picks and they have been of poor quality for about a decade and a half. The players we do get are smooched under veterans because we want "experience" over risking developing new people. Are there exceptions? Yes, of course. But some players need more time and hand holding. Raga ski didn't make the NHL for years; same with Madden. Would anyone have argued that they weren't excellent in their heyday? Problem is I don't know how many other Rafalskis and Maddens the Devils have pissed away by always bringing in vets at the cost of giving younger, hungrier guys a shot. Maybe none... But I do know that the vets we have brought in as stopgap measures have been expensive, largely ineffective, and often worse.... Just one or two really good younger guys, properly developed, would give this franchise some depth AND youth that we have lacked for ages AND for a lower price point. While keeping salary down may not be a problem at the moment, it has been recently, so this is not a non-issue.

Owell, end of rant. Stepping down from soap box. Would someone like to buy one slightly used, but apparently very sturdy soap box? Can hold the weight of a chubby, whiny Devils fan without collapsing!
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#19 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

he is a good player, maybe he'll come back soon

#20 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Very dissapointed.

I'd argue Gio's postseason and subsequent contract had much more to do with it than Cam. Short of injuries, Zharkov wasn't replacing any of the 4th liners, because he does similar things worse at this point. Before I get flamed for that, I admit he's a very good skater, and is great on the forecheck, but he can't bury a goal to save his life, even playing with Patty and Kovy, which he did for enough games for us to get an idea.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users