Photo

Keeper-gate.....

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Poll: Keeper-gate..... (12 member(s) have cast votes)

What should be the cost for keepers?

1. Forefeit of draft pick from when player was drafted regardless of if player was cut or re-signed (6 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. if player was signed off waiver wire, drafted or undrafted he's a last round pick (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. no more keepers (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,419 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

I believe when I took iggy's spot a few years ago, I was allowed to pick a keeper off of his team? Or am I just completely making that up?

No, you came in just when the keeper system started, when CRASHER wanted to retroactively apply it to start right away but half the league screamed bloody murder lol.

Laflamme did get to keep one of mb's players last year but he actually had managed his team a little the previous season. Like I said, not a big deal - I just see the keepers as a reward for drafting or in season transactions.

Not like that team has great keepers anyway though, I suppose either Vernon Davis on a 6th or McGahee with an 8th. I wouldn't stand in the way of a yes vote.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#62 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

speaking of which, how do I know what my choices are for the keeper??
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#63 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

1st page in this thread has em. Smirking Revenge was it??

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#64 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

Yea let him pick a keeper from the team imo

#65 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

Masked, red....you should have invites emailed to you....

so if I counted right, it's yes to red getting a keeper......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#66 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

So let me understand, I can make any player my 1 keeper, but i lose that rounds pick this year, correct??
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#67 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

So let me understand, I can make any player my 1 keeper, but i lose that rounds pick this year, correct??

Correct... effectively you are drafting that player again... in the same spot. Or in the case of a free agent, a 15th rounder.
We don't allow multi-year keepers... But it skews value for rookies who could step up later in the season and become fantasy monsters in their 2nd year, etc
Its up to you to determine what that "value" is...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#68 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:52 PM

And I'd like to make sure that everyone got their invites and will be signed up soon, since we're near the time ....it's TIME.....it's TIME.....it's DRAFT DRAMA TIME!!!!

(note to self....must ...start....checking ....board...more.....often.....)

Edited by CRASHER, 01 August 2012 - 05:55 PM.

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#69 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Ok I'm in, and my list is the revenge team correct??
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#70 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Ok I'm in, and my list is the revenge team correct??

Yes it was, and I see you in the forum.....now if only the OTHER two.......

#71 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

When do I need to tell you who I will keep??
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#72 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

When do I need to tell you who I will keep??

When the draft order is to be selected....I should be picking the positions soon.....we're almost ready to get this mess in gear!

#73 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:54 PM

When the draft order is to be selected....I should be picking the positions soon.....we're almost ready to get this mess in gear!

Ah, the super double secret draft order selection process. Invented by Germanic tribes in the 14th Century, it has been passed down through generations, slowly evolving it to the process we (don't) know and love today.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#74 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

Ah, the super double secret draft order selection process. Invented by Germanic tribes in the 14th Century, it has been passed down through generations, slowly evolving it to the process we (don't) know and love today.

It's so secretive that even the random outside person I use for the process has NO DAMN CLUE what's going on......

(ok, I admit....she's also not the brightest star in the sky either.....)

We still need two more of ya's to register...heeerrrroooooooo????

#75 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

.....we're almost ready to get this mess in gear!

Woohoo!

Posted Image :clap2:

It's so secretive that even the random outside person I use for the process has NO DAMN CLUE what's going on......

(ok, I admit....she's also not the brightest star in the sky either.....)

Bartender?
I'll sign on when I get that linky-do and can get on a puter w/o "fantasy" blocked. Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#76 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Bartender?
I'll sign on when I get that linky-do and can get on a puter w/o "fantasy" blocked. Posted Image

Nope, my bartenders are intelligent :P

(Brian and Laflamme will appreciate this.... "Are they mad at me? Did they hate the numbers I picked for them? WHY DO THEY HATE ME?!?!?!!?" .....anyhooooo......)

One more signup missing....then again he never even picked a team name last year :lol:

#77 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

Let's get this show on the ro-ahd. Rooow ahhd.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#78 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:48 PM

I will be away wed. through Friday this week, but will try to keep up with everything
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#79 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

I will be away wed. through Friday this week, but will try to keep up with everything

won't be much to keep up on this week....we're still waiting for the 12th sign up (whoever was team name TBD).....and then the pre-picking shall begin!

#80 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,419 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:11 PM

dr33 was Team Name TBD, I PM'ed him the league ID and password in case he never got the e-mail (he said he didn't after I PM'ed him), but that was a few days ago so maybe he couldn't sign in even with that, or just hasn't gotten around to it :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users