196 replies to this topic

#141 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Well at least we have our priorities in order by signing guys like Cam Janssen and Bryce Salvador.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#142 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Am I the only one who's decently pleased about this?

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#143 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Am I the only one who's decently pleased about this?

Im glad he's back. I just really hate the contract.

#144 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

Well at least we have our priorities in order by signing guys like Cam Janssen and Bryce Salvador.

The process is a little different...
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#145 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

The process is a little different...

Zero need to waste money on Janssen and we're flush at 30+ year old players.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#146 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Zero need to waste money on Janssen and we're flush at 30+ year old players.

You definitely need a guy like Cam every once in a while, especially when you see the kind of signings the Rangers and Islanders did Sunday. Would I use him more than 30 games? No, but he is needed for certain situations.

Bryce is a locker room leader and he's respected by the players. Chemistry like that is extremely important.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#147 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

i think you're a little off on your facts

http://712educators..../teacherpay.htm

Those salaries are just the average salary based on all salaries for the individual state. I don't get anywhere near NYS's average. :(

#148 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Those salaries are just the average salary based on all salaries for the individual state. I don't get anywhere near NYS's average. :(

Whew! 32,000 a year for me! After this school year I get a big raise to 32,001! What! What!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#149 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Whew! 32,000 a year for me! After this school year I get a big raise to 32,001! What! What!

Private school?

#150 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Private school?

Public.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#151 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Ouch, I got you by 6k :blink:

#152 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Ouch, I got you by 6k :blink:

S'alright. I work at a Title 1 school. If I stay there for 6 years I get 17,000 dollars in loan forgiveness.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#153 AEWHistory

AEWHistory

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

They couldn't have used the extra 3m this season to ensure Parise's big signing bonus and pay the captain? Or, I dunno, find a replacement?

I liked Salvador's palyoffs. This sucks, though.

I loved his playoffs as well--he was the definition of clutch--but I am not aware of anything in his career to suggest that that was anything more than a very nice, very positive fluke. I loved it, it helped us, but he hit the post-season lottery.... I mean, does Lou think he is signing the second coming of Claude Lemieux here? I hope not.
Aaron / AEWHistory --- Rockies/Devils fan since 1981!

Trenton Makes and the World Takes..... Or.... Trenton Uses What the World Refuses

#154 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

S'alright. I work at a Title 1 school. If I stay there for 6 years I get 17,000 dollars in loan forgiveness.

Nice, I need some of that!

#155 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

I loved his playoffs as well--he was the definition of clutch--but I am not aware of anything in his career to suggest that that was anything more than a very nice, very positive fluke. I loved it, it helped us, but he hit the post-season lottery.... I mean, does Lou think he is signing the second coming of Claude Lemieux here? I hope not.

Fluke? Are you kidding? The guy didn't beat a goalie cleanly on any of the goals he scored. They were all like Happy Gilmore on the 18th hole...

#156 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

He wasn't signed for his scoring or point production. He made 2.9 the last 3 years, and got a raise to 3.16. He was signed to keep doing what he's doing.

#157 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

You definitely need a guy like Cam every once in a while, especially when you see the kind of signings the Rangers and Islanders did Sunday. Would I use him more than 30 games? No, but he is needed for certain situations.

Bryce is a locker room leader and he's respected by the players. Chemistry like that is extremely important.

Hear you on Cam, it would just be nice if the guy had ANY hockey skills at all.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#158 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

True that. There were a handful of goons on the UFA market with better hockey skills than Cam.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#159 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,653 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

Definitely. He has none at all. But I think his job is to get the players up, get them energized, make some hits, and punch a Ranger every once in a while. Another reason I think he was signed is because he is loved by the other players, as is Salvador. This goes a long way towards building a championship team. I think we've all seen a camaraderie on the Devils the last year or so that we haven't seen here too much in the past.

#160 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

One thing I'm concerned about is that Marty, Moose, Sal and Cam's contracts all together get us to the cap floor. my fear is that if we lose Zach, Lou will do nothing to address that hole.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users