105 replies to this topic

#1 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

What next? Forget about Semin - he will be a Red Wing, and will cost too much anyway . . .

#2 smelly

smelly

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

What next? Forget about Semin - he will be a Red Wing, and will cost too much anyway . . .

#3 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

Shane Doan would be a nice short term fix to me.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#4 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

I sure wouldn't mind seeing Doan on the team. Not one bit.
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#5 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Well we start by going back in time and surrendering the retarded Matteau pick and not signing Bryce Salvador.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#6 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

Lou: "We have some outstanding young players here. Some who have outstanding potential. We'll go to Plan B now."

Sounds like plan B is roll with the team we have?

Lamoriello would not say what Plan B is, either trades or free agency.

Chere

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 04 July 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#7 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

A trade has got to be plan B, which I'm sure was part of plan A anyway.

#8 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Youth is what we need.

#9 schneidpants

schneidpants

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

try and work on get Rick Nash

Posted Image

#10 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

try and work on get Rick Nash

And trade Larsson, Henrique and whatever silly return Howson would want for Nash? No thanks. Leave the overpayment to the blueskirts.

n2eg.jpg

#11 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Give Teddy 1 more chance, try to sign a winger who can put in some pucks playing with Kovy and Zajac, which shouldn't be too difficult considering Palmieri had a stretch where HE was burying the puck with those guys. If/when that isn't, trade one of our many dmen to a team with too many forwards and not enough d. Save money to throw as much as we can at Zajac. We have a superstar in Kovy, all stars in Elias and Zajac, and a budding star in Henrique. If the role players do their jobs, we'll have no trouble making the playoffs, and I'd rather see how good Henrique can be before we do something stupid.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#12 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

How about a forward from Edmonton for one of our D. Hemsky for Tallinder?
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#13 JustinZ

JustinZ

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

We need a top 6 winger. Really wish Parise would have told us sooner he wasn't coming back so we could have gone after Parenteau. He had 50 assists last year. Would have been great to have him feeding Kovy the puck.
Posted Image

#14 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

1. Bobby Ryan
2. Alexander Semin
3. Shane Doan
4. Rick Nash

#15 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

We're likely not going to trade for any of the high profile names. We're likely not going to sign Semin or Doan.

If we throw out signings beyond Sykora or "big" trade acquisitions, there's one thing I want done before the season starts:

An extension for Travis Zajac.

#16 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm betting no signing for us except another who the hell? Player, then we trade in deadline for a winger gearing up for playoffs

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#17 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

Ales Hemsky? Andrei Kostitsyn? Huselius?

Edited by TheMazz, 04 July 2012 - 05:40 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#18 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

Ales Hemsky? Andrei Kostitsyn?

I think Hemsky is one of the more logical possibilities. Edmonton will probably give him us for a low price too. I could see Hemsky coming here straight up for Greene or even a prospect (Gelinas + mid round pick). His game has dropped off the last few years + he's due $5M per for the next two seasons. The change of scenery could also do him good. At this point, I'm not against it because we have the cap room and we could really use another player. I just don't know how effective he would be for us. I'd also be curious to see what his relationship is like with the Czechs on our team as well. It may be a good landing spot for him to revitalize. The production drop off is obviously due to his injuries and the fact Edmonton has sucked since Pronger left as well. It really depends on how healthy he is more than anything for me.

I don't think Lou will go for Kostitsyn, but Id not be against him either. He got suspended in Nashville before Game 3 of this year's playoffs and you gotta think it was something fairly serious for that to happen. He'd be cheaper than Hemsky and wouldnt cost us anything in trade.

Huselius is also a cheap option, but hes coming off a big injury. If hed come cheap, Id definitely be game for a low risk thing.

Edited by ghdi, 04 July 2012 - 05:46 PM.

#19 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Maybe Hoeffel and/or Whitney get a chance this season. Maybe Darcy Zajac. Maybe Harrold permanently to a wing especially considering our excess of defense.

Looks like Albany is pretty much our only option outside of a trade.

I agree that we don't have the assets to spare for a top line winger via trade. I also don't think we land any of the top UFA's (not that there's much left to choose from).

Kovy-Zajac-Henrique
Zubs-Elias-Sykora
Harrold-Josefson-Clarkson
Gionta-Carter-Bernier

Rotation:

Hoeffel
Whitney
D. Zajac

#20 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Maybe Hoeffel and/or Whitney get a chance this season. Maybe Darcy Zajac. Maybe Harrold permanently to a wing especially considering our excess of defense.

Looks like Albany is pretty much our only option outside of a trade.

I agree that we don't have the assets to spare for a top line winger via trade. I also don't think we land any of the top UFA's (not that there's much left to choose from).

Kovy-Zajac-Henrique
Zubs-Elias-Sykora
Harrold-Josefson-Clarkson
Gionta-Carter-Bernier

Rotation:

Hoeffel
Whitney
D. Zajac

I would be willing to bet that if we don't sign a remaining UFA forward or pull off a trade before the season begins, Tedenby will be on the squad come opening day. I dont think any of the other guys you mentioned will be. I also don't see Harrold playing a lot of wing after his defensive performance during the playoffs unless it was an injury situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users