Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

No trades.

Acquire Semin + Kostitsyn

PROFIT!

Kostitsyn!?! !?!?!? No disrespect here but... Are you fvcking retarded? Haha Thats a HUGE no no !

Trust me. I hate the habs but i was still watching all their games.... You dont want kostitsyn... No no and no

www.SterioDesign.com

#222 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Dude you don't think Kostitsyn would be a decent 3rd liner? I would be all in favor of bringing Tedenby up but who knows if he will have a season like last year or like his rookie season. Kostitsyn could put up consistant numbers.

n2eg.jpg

#223 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

The Devils don't want to get desperate but Lou definitely needs to make a move or the Devils will really fall back last year. Say what you want about Parise, but he's an elite offensive player in this game and losing him will hurt. Patrik Elias finished top 10 in scoring last year with 77 points, but asking him to repeat that performance might be way too much to ask. David Clarkson and his 30 goals again...wouldn't be a good bet, and right now they are without the 20+ goals Petr Sykora scored too.

All that and the Devils were a middle-of-the-pack scoring team anyway. The Devils badly need some offensive punch. I don't think it will be Semin, so Lou has to get creative.

Edited by devilsrule33, 07 July 2012 - 11:13 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#224 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

I guess we could get Semin and Kostitsyn and call them the "discipline" line.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#225 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

If Lou goes all in for Semin I could see him winding up being the equivalent of a double or nothing kinda bet. Either he comes in and finds a real good form in a system that to me seems to favor his talents much better than that which the Caps were playing last year or he winds up being Valeri Kamenski from the Rangers in the late 90s. All talent and potential with no results.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#226 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Dude you don't think Kostitsyn would be a decent 3rd liner? I would be all in favor of bringing Tedenby up but who knows if he will have a season like last year or like his rookie season. Kostitsyn could put up consistant numbers.

he's really lazy and inconsistent, if a sh!tty team like mtl didnt want it anymore we certainly dont either. Not worth the gamble. He has a crazy release though but i swear, he'd get LOTS of hate from the fans.

www.SterioDesign.com

#227 enjoythesilence

enjoythesilence

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Semin should be welcomed aboard

I agree! It would definitely fill the hole that Parise left (literally). I think he would be a great addition to the team, especially with his shot and perhaps playing with Kovy would be an interesting pair, in my opinion.

Edited by enjoythesilence, 07 July 2012 - 01:11 PM.

"They score! Henrique! It's over!"-Doc
"I couldn't be prouder of this group"-Pete DeBoer

#228 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

Andrei is not the Kostitsyn you want.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic