227 replies to this topic

#21 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

Dont know if Lou will go for Tits. I would be okay with him too, but that team suspension for being out late night before a playoff game may turn him off.

Why would Lou be turned off by tits?

#22 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

Kostitsyn may be able to bring in some Russian "interests" if you know what I mean. :whistling:

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#23 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

I'd rather have a solid 2-way player than Semin - he doesn't excite me at all. I can't stand Bobby Ryan and wouldn't trade assets for him and Nash is too pricey. We should be patient - if Lou sees a good deal he should go for it.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, fvck Bobby Ryan. I'm not giving up assets for a douchebag whose wet dream it is to play for the Phailures. He'll run there the first chance he gets.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,906 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

I'd rather have a solid 2-way player than Semin - he doesn't excite me at all. I can't stand Bobby Ryan and wouldn't trade assets for him and Nash is too pricey. We should be patient - if Lou sees a good deal he should go for it.

Semin is a solid 2-way player. His issue is that he takes too many penalties, but other than that, he's a slick defender.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Semin is a solid 2-way player. His issue is that he takes too many penalties, but other than that, he's a slick defender.

This is true. People buy into the narrative the media has created about him being a lousy 2-way player, but Semin is a much better two-way guy than Kovy was when he got here. I would be happy with Semin if the money was right. But I'm sure someone will offer him more than us, and he'll go to the highest bidder.

#27 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

What type of deal do you think Semin will get? There should be a lot of NHL teams interested in him now and CSKA Moscow is trying to get him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#28 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

This is true. People buy into the narrative the media has created about him being a lousy 2-way player, but Semin is a much better two-way guy than Kovy was when he got here. I would be happy with Semin if the money was right. But I'm sure someone will offer him more than us, and he'll go to the highest bidder.

Everyone keeps saying "if the money is right", but I haven't seen one figure thrown out there yet. I'm seriously asking....what would people consider "right money" for Semin?

believe-3devils.jpg

#29 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Everyone keeps saying "if the money is right", but I haven't seen one figure thrown out there yet. I'm seriously asking....what would people consider "right money" for Semin?

No more than 7mil.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#30 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,409 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

How much better is Parise than Semin?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#31 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

What type of deal do you think Semin will get? There should be a lot of NHL teams interested in him now and CSKA Moscow is trying to get him.

In this free agency market he can get anything.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#32 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,425 posts

Id go 5 years with the cap hit not exceeding 6.5, anything more than that would be overkill. I don't think he's worth more than 5-6 right now, but we're going to have to pay a bit more to get him.

#33 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,747 posts

Ok, I'll bite- how about 4 for 24? Sounds reasonable to me. He'll get more though.

#34 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

No more than 7mil.

You think he'd accept a raise of, at most, 300K? Also....how long a contract?

believe-3devils.jpg

#35 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:32 PM

Semin is a +83 in his career with 2 points less in 33 less games than Zach Parise. I would be okay with 7 mil.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#36 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I see no reason to rush into replacing Parise with another big name. Even with the loss of Parise, I think we're still in better shape going into this season than we were last year. Zajac missed most of last season and we had no idea what to expect from Henrique. At this point, those two fill our top two center spots nicely and Elias can slide back to LW and provide as many points as Parise did. Additionally, I think the playoffs may have opened Lou and DeBeor's eyes on how valuble icing a real 4th line can be.

It does bother me that Lou let Ponikarovsky get away though. At 1.8 for 1 year, why was he not signed? Did Poni give any indication that he wasn't happy with his role here? I know a lot of people said he had to wait until the Zach situation was settled but considering we signed 3 aging vets to multi year contracts before Parise bolted, that's BS. IMO it would have made a lot more sense to get Poni resigned and let Moose wait until the other situations cleared up. Oh well, hopefully Lou can pull off a similar depth move again this season.

I'm really not big on another year of Sykora, especially if the price tag goes up. He'll put up some goals but you pretty much know he'll be burned out by the time the playoffs role around.

#37 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

I see no reason to rush into replacing Parise with another big name. Even with the loss of Parise, I think we're still in better shape going into this season than we were last year. Zajac missed most of last season and we had no idea what to expect from Henrique. At this point, those two fill our top two center spots nicely and Elias can slide back to LW and provide as many points as Parise did. Additionally, I think the playoffs may have opened Lou and DeBeor's eyes on how valuble icing a real 4th line can be.

It does bother me that Lou let Ponikarovsky get away though. At 1.8 for 1 year, why was he not signed? Did Poni give any indication that he wasn't happy with his role here? I know a lot of people said he had to wait until the Zach situation was settled but considering we signed 3 aging vets to multi year contracts before Parise bolted, that's BS. IMO it would have made a lot more sense to get Poni resigned and let Moose wait until the other situations cleared up. Oh well, hopefully Lou can pull off a similar depth move again this season.

I'm really not big on another year of Sykora, especially if the price tag goes up. He'll put up some goals but you pretty much know he'll be burned out by the time the playoffs role around.

Yeah, Sykora, along with Tedenby, are not decent options.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#38 ironsights

ironsights

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Kris Versteeg is a RFA Right winger. I doubt we'd make a move for him, but I wouldn't mind having him on the team. Just a thought.

#39 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Horrible in the locker room

#40 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members