Photo

on November 11, when Minnesota comes to town, what do we do to Zach?

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Poll: on November 11, when Minnesota comes to town, what do we do to Zach? (102 member(s) have cast votes)

What should we do when Parise comes back to Jersey

1. Boo at him every time he touches the puck (43 votes [37.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.72%

2. applaud him before the game for all of his work for the devils (38 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Voted Chant "Kovy's better" (33 votes [28.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

I am going to bring my Zack jersey and throw it on the ice

I'd throw his name and number on the ice....not the whole jersey. Just rip those and throw 'em.

believe-3devils.jpg

#22 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

"KO-VY's BETT-ER"

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#23 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Besides the "kovy's better" chant, if we want to be really mean chant, "take a drive with heatly".

Really mean.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#24 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

Won't matter thanks to the lockout since there won't be regular season hockey played before at least Thanksgiving.

I won't be at the game but if I was I'd give an initial clap when the Devils play a retrospective "Welcome back Zach" video during a commerical. Then just go with the regular gameplan of cheering for my own team.

#25 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Boo. Dude left the team on his own.

#26 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,947 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:32 PM

I won't be at the game but if I was I'd give an initial clap when the Devils play a retrospective "Welcome back Zach" video during a commerical.

They won't do that. Didn't do it when Nieds came back, didn't do it when Madden came back and those guys actually helped us win Stanley Cups. No chance in hell they do something like that for Parise.

#27 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Frustrated now, but when the team moves on, and is still a good team, we'll be able to think of the good things Parise has done for the organization. I went with applaud.

#28 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

we'll be able to think of the good things Parise has done for the organization.

What is this exactly? Im not being snarky with the question. He wasnt alone in getting us to the Final and Id give more props to CBGB, Marty, and Kovy for it. He was a good player for us and helped us win some games, but no hardware. I think we will forget Zach a lot sooner than even Gomez, since the taste of Zach's leaving isn't nearly as sh!tty as how Gomez left. It will help a ton if we can continue to make some waves in the postseason and stay a good team. If we go back to 10-11 type play (first half), the taste of his departure will fester.

He's going to get mercilessly booed on November 11th by the majority of our fanbase, but each year that passes, he'll just become another player in the league.

#29 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,038 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Oh knock off the holier then thou nonsense. Players have no loyalty to us so why should we respect them? Zach didn't win a cup here. He deserves nothing from us.

The ones that do have loyalty already stayed. Booing Langs didn't exactly send a bad message to Marty, Sal, etc :blahblah:

I don't get why we have to play nice with someone that left us in the lurch to be 'classy'. Fvck that noise.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 July 2012 - 01:57 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#30 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

How about win 5-0, and call it a night.

#31 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

I wouldn't mind giving him a mean check from atrain as a gift.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#32 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

"what is not for you is against you and what is against you is your enemy"

#33 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

On the upside, we will def get a national spot fire that game so ask the media can day how great Zach is and how the devils won't make the playoffs unless they trade for some overpaid trade bait, come June, we will be in the playoffs, Zach with his wife since he can't play golf without first thinking about it for 3 days then completely calling it off.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#34 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,038 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

I mean think about this, the captain of the New Jesrey Devils was more concerned with thinking of ways to play with freaking Ryan Suter after the season. He was more worried about playing with Suter than with the guys that were already on the team, while still on the team!
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#35 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,503 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

I mean think about this, the captain of the New Jesrey Devils was more concerned with thinking of ways to play with freaking Ryan Suter after the season. He was more worried about playing with Suter than with the guys that were already on the team, while still on the team!

And he played like it, too! Remember that one time he took a shift off? 'Cause I don't.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,038 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Yeah well that doesn't do anything for us now, does it? Nobody ever accused him of being Gomez on the ice but I don't get how someone you played with for a few weeks takes priority over guys you play years with.

#37 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

I'd give him a cheer at the start and be otherwise indifferent the rest of the game.

Same here. The hate for this guy is ridiculous. Do we expect every free agent to stay with the same team? Or just the good ones? Come on let's not be ridiculous. It's not like he left us for the Rangers.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#38 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm hoping 16,999 others will join me in a fvck YOU ZACH chant. That, or PARISE SUCKS. Whichever one sounds more offensive to him and his a$$hole father.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#39 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

cmon guys here is a player who went 110% each and every shift he was out on the ice. There is no arguing that he played his heart out. Even when things weren't going well you could see he clearly wanted to contribute and was noticeably angry when we were losing. I'm really pleased that we were able to watch Parise play for as long as we have. He doesn't have Kovalchuk talent but he is definitely the hardest working player in the NHL and gave his all for the Devils. What more can you ask for of a player than to give everything and only leave for a chance to play at home?

#40 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Really, an FU Zach chant? If he's not here, I'm thrilled he's in Minny & not anywhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users