on November 11, when Minnesota comes to town, what do we do to Zach?

snartly

102 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do when Parise comes back to Jersey

• Boo at him every time he touches the puck
    • applaud him before the game for all of his work for the devils
    • Chant "Kovy's better"

I won't be at the game but if I was I'd give an initial clap when the Devils play a retrospective "Welcome back Zach" video during a commerical.

They won't do that. Didn't do it when Nieds came back, didn't do it when Madden came back and those guys actually helped us win Stanley Cups. No chance in hell they do something like that for Parise.

we'll be able to think of the good things Parise has done for the organization.

What is this exactly? Im not being snarky with the question. He wasnt alone in getting us to the Final and Id give more props to CBGB, Marty, and Kovy for it. He was a good player for us and helped us win some games, but no hardware. I think we will forget Zach a lot sooner than even Gomez, since the taste of Zach's leaving isn't nearly as sh!tty as how Gomez left. It will help a ton if we can continue to make some waves in the postseason and stay a good team. If we go back to 10-11 type play (first half), the taste of his departure will fester.

He's going to get mercilessly booed on November 11th by the majority of our fanbase, but each year that passes, he'll just become another player in the league.

Oh knock off the holier then thou nonsense. Players have no loyalty to us so why should we respect them? Zach didn't win a cup here. He deserves nothing from us.

The ones that do have loyalty already stayed. Booing Langs didn't exactly send a bad message to Marty, Sal, etc :blahblah:

I don't get why we have to play nice with someone that left us in the lurch to be 'classy'. Fvck that noise.

Edited by NJDevs4978

On the upside, we will def get a national spot fire that game so ask the media can day how great Zach is and how the devils won't make the playoffs unless they trade for some overpaid trade bait, come June, we will be in the playoffs, Zach with his wife since he can't play golf without first thinking about it for 3 days then completely calling it off.

I mean think about this, the captain of the New Jesrey Devils was more concerned with thinking of ways to play with freaking Ryan Suter after the season. He was more worried about playing with Suter than with the guys that were already on the team, while still on the team!

I mean think about this, the captain of the New Jesrey Devils was more concerned with thinking of ways to play with freaking Ryan Suter after the season. He was more worried about playing with Suter than with the guys that were already on the team, while still on the team!

And he played like it, too! Remember that one time he took a shift off? 'Cause I don't.

• Like 2

I'd give him a cheer at the start and be otherwise indifferent the rest of the game.

Same here. The hate for this guy is ridiculous. Do we expect every free agent to stay with the same team? Or just the good ones? Come on let's not be ridiculous. It's not like he left us for the Rangers.

cmon guys here is a player who went 110% each and every shift he was out on the ice. There is no arguing that he played his heart out. Even when things weren't going well you could see he clearly wanted to contribute and was noticeably angry when we were losing. I'm really pleased that we were able to watch Parise play for as long as we have. He doesn't have Kovalchuk talent but he is definitely the hardest working player in the NHL and gave his all for the Devils. What more can you ask for of a player than to give everything and only leave for a chance to play at home?

Wow what closed-minded bitterness. Its like a bunch of 9 yr olds that didnt get their way on here, which is nothing new around these parts.

Lets see:

Play for NJ who just made it to the cup finals, youre the captain of the team, and familiar with everyone, yet its an aging team, youre absolutely underappreciated by the fans, and play in front of half full buildings with fans wearing their new kovi jersey that know nothing about the game.

Or i could, go to my home state, be a hometown hero, live by my family, bang my smokin ass gf every night, make loot, be the king of the entire state, play in front of a sellout crowd every night, be on a team shaping up to be a contender, and play in a more wide-open conference. Hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah what a piece of sh!t that zach parise is. How dare he make the decision that benefits him and his family the most. fvck that guy man. He didnt even play hard for us every shift. Now that kovalchuk, hes one that will set an example for our young guys. Glide around the ice, try not to backcheck too much, dont work too hard on the boards, turn the puck over as much as you can. Give that guy the C already will ya petey?!?!?!? Now ive never taken this website seriously because ya really cant, but this is the end of it, people are going to chant KOVIS BETTER and boo parise and burn their parise things? What a genuine group of a$$holes you people are.Lets get something straight, kovi is not and never will be better than parise. The contract that fella got is the worst thing that will ever happen to this franchise and this is just the start of it. I knew most devils fans were clueless to the team they support, and now the responses on this confirm that. Shame on any of you that boo the guy for doing whats best for himself. If you were in his shoes youd do the EXACT same thing. The guy didnt go to a rival, he went home. Thats enough of this corny ass website for me children. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves in anger about parise being an intelligent human being and also my response to your comical views on the fella. Ill be back on around september for some ticket deals. Its been real.

Wow what closed-minded bitterness. Its like a bunch of 9 yr olds that didnt get their way on here, which is nothing new around these parts.

Lets see:

Play for NJ who just made it to the cup finals, youre the captain of the team, and familiar with everyone, yet its an aging team, youre absolutely underappreciated by the fans, and play in front of half full buildings with fans wearing their new kovi jersey that know nothing about the game.

Or i could, go to my home state, be a hometown hero, live by my family, bang my smokin ass gf every night, make loot, be the king of the entire state, play in front of a sellout crowd every night, be on a team shaping up to be a contender, and play in a more wide-open conference. Hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah what a piece of sh!t that zach parise is. How dare he make the decision that benefits him and his family the most. fvck that guy man. He didnt even play hard for us every shift. Now that kovalchuk, hes one that will set an example for our young guys. Glide around the ice, try not to backcheck too much, dont work too hard on the boards, turn the puck over as much as you can. Give that guy the C already will ya petey?!?!?!? Now ive never taken this website seriously because ya really cant, but this is the end of it, people are going to chant KOVIS BETTER and boo parise and burn their parise things? What a genuine group of a$$holes you people are.Lets get something straight, kovi is not and never will be better than parise. The contract that fella got is the worst thing that will ever happen to this franchise and this is just the start of it. I knew most devils fans were clueless to the team they support, and now the responses on this confirm that. Shame on any of you that boo the guy for doing whats best for himself. If you were in his shoes youd do the EXACT same thing. The guy didnt go to a rival, he went home. Thats enough of this corny ass website for me children. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves in anger about parise being an intelligent human being and also my response to your comical views on the fella. Ill be back on around september for some ticket deals. Its been real.

So you must be another one of those idiots who yells Kovalsuck at the arena? I wish we could all be as good of Devils fans as you. graywanker.gif

Edited by Satans Hockey

Ok, goodbye. It is not like you know much more than we do.

Lets see:

So you must be another one of those idiots who yells Kovalsuck at the arena? I wish we could all be as good of Devils fans as you. graywanker.gif

You shouldn't have dignified that stupidity with a response. The reasoning for the hate goes right over some people's heads.

Lets see:

Parise will never be as good as Kovalchuk. He was never, and will never be.

I will happily take some leave in November to come back and chant "Kovy's Better!"

And no, it has not been real.

I don't want to see Parise booed, but I know just everyone else here that it's going to happen. Good players that leave via free agency generally have this happen to them unless the team clearly was moving on and just couldn't match outside interest. That's not Zach's case at all, so he will be booed.

Oh knock off the holier then thou nonsense. Players have no loyalty to us so why should we respect them? Zach didn't win a cup here. He deserves nothing from us.

Come on, you've been on the board long enough to know that there's a whole contingent of people who think they're smarter than the rest of the board. They show no respect and never entertain the possibility that what others say might have merit, so they're impossible to argue with. Your anger at Parise is certainly understandable and I'm right there with you.

Lets see:

Or i could, go to my home state, be a hometown hero, live by my family, bang my smokin ass gf every night, make loot, be the king of the entire state, play in front of a sellout crowd every night, be on a team shaping up to be a contender, and play in a more wide-open conference. Hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah what a piece of sh!t that zach parise is. How dare he make the decision that benefits him and his family the most. fvck that guy man. He didnt even play hard for us every shift. Now that kovalchuk, hes one that will set an example for our young guys. Glide around the ice, try not to backcheck too much, dont work too hard on the boards, turn the puck over as much as you can. Give that guy the C already will ya petey?!?!?!? Now ive never taken this website seriously because ya really cant, but this is the end of it, people are going to chant KOVIS BETTER and boo parise and burn their parise things? What a genuine group of a$holes you people are.Lets get something straight, kovi is not and never will be better than parise. The contract that fella got is the worst thing that will ever happen to this franchise and this is just the start of it. I knew most devils fans were clueless to the team they support, and now the responses on this confirm that. Shame on any of you that boo the guy for doing whats best for himself. If you were in his shoes youd do the EXACT same thing. The guy didnt go to a rival, he went home. Thats enough of this corny ass website for me children. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves in anger about parise being an intelligent human being and also my response to your comical views on the fella. Ill be back on around september for some ticket deals. Its been real.

Nice, another genius who is smarter than everyone else. This right here is the definition of an internet tough guy. You think you're so smart, telling us how we would act, when in fact you really have no clue. You must be a fun person to spend time with. Let's hope this douchebag never sees this post because he has left the forum for good.

Edit: What happened to consecutive posts from the same member getting combined?

Edited by devils26

Boo him. Going to Minnesota WITH Suter in my mind is nearly as bad as going to Pittsburgh or Philly. There was a time in sports when players were just grateful to get a chance

to play and would be loyal to their first team, not chase price tags.

Oh c'mon. He was an UFA. Unrestricted Free Agent! As in, he had the right to go meet with other teams and decide to sign with one of them if that appealed to him more than returning to the Devils! He dared to exercise it. What an awful man!

And stop with the loyalty crap. You do realize that drafted players really have no say as to where they go as they are drafted, unless they make it clear that they won't sign with any particular team? And how often does that really happen, where players fight being drafted by any given team? Zach did not choose the Devils and New Jersey, the Devils chose him! Were the Devils good to him? Yes. Did he fulfill his end of the bargain as a player? Again, yes. He played hard and gave it his all while he was here (which is all we could've asked), and lo and behold, after his last contract ran out, he found himself with an opportunity he never had before, from the day he was drafted...the chance to sign with a team of HIS choosing. Maybe you think he should've just automatically signed whatever Lou gave him without exploring what his UFA status afforded him, but that is complete horsesh!t...he did nothing wrong here. I don't blame anyone for being bummed that he left, I'm bummed too, but to make it sound like Zach should act like "Oh gee whiz Lou, thanks for drafting me and giving me my big chance, I am now in your debt for life, I'll be happy to stay here no matter what!"...c'mon man, we're not talking about some undrafted unheralded 24-year-old who Lou had to pluck from obscurity who no one else believed in...Zach was a highly-touted 1st-rounder who was clearly going to get the chance to be an NHL mainstay.

As to your whole "There was a time in sports when players were just grateful to get a chance to play and would be loyal to their first team, not chase price tags." argument...those players didn't have much of a choice back in the day. Those baseball players in the '50s that some regard as being such loyal souls had almost no say whatsoever about where they played...it had nothing with them being soooooooooo much more loyal and swell than current players. They didn't have any friggin' choices!

Zach is going home to play with a friend, and yeah, he's going to be well-compensated for it. His choice. His right.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976