Photo

on November 11, when Minnesota comes to town, what do we do to Zach?

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

Poll: on November 11, when Minnesota comes to town, what do we do to Zach? (102 member(s) have cast votes)

What should we do when Parise comes back to Jersey

1. Boo at him every time he touches the puck (43 votes [37.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.72%

2. applaud him before the game for all of his work for the devils (38 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Voted Chant "Kovy's better" (33 votes [28.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.95%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'll clap before the game, then boo the sh!t out of him. Now I need to find somewhere to change my jersey to A.H. UGH loved Parise way too much. I feel like this is comparable to breaking up with a girlfriend you allowed yourself to get way too attached to. :evilcry:

815631765.gif

#42 Bartholomew Hunt

Bartholomew Hunt

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Wow what closed-minded bitterness. Its like a bunch of 9 yr olds that didnt get their way on here, which is nothing new around these parts.

Lets see:
Play for NJ who just made it to the cup finals, youre the captain of the team, and familiar with everyone, yet its an aging team, youre absolutely underappreciated by the fans, and play in front of half full buildings with fans wearing their new kovi jersey that know nothing about the game.

Or i could, go to my home state, be a hometown hero, live by my family, bang my smokin ass gf every night, make loot, be the king of the entire state, play in front of a sellout crowd every night, be on a team shaping up to be a contender, and play in a more wide-open conference. Hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah what a piece of sh!t that zach parise is. How dare he make the decision that benefits him and his family the most. fvck that guy man. He didnt even play hard for us every shift. Now that kovalchuk, hes one that will set an example for our young guys. Glide around the ice, try not to backcheck too much, dont work too hard on the boards, turn the puck over as much as you can. Give that guy the C already will ya petey?!?!?!? Now ive never taken this website seriously because ya really cant, but this is the end of it, people are going to chant KOVIS BETTER and boo parise and burn their parise things? What a genuine group of a$$holes you people are.Lets get something straight, kovi is not and never will be better than parise. The contract that fella got is the worst thing that will ever happen to this franchise and this is just the start of it. I knew most devils fans were clueless to the team they support, and now the responses on this confirm that. Shame on any of you that boo the guy for doing whats best for himself. If you were in his shoes youd do the EXACT same thing. The guy didnt go to a rival, he went home. Thats enough of this corny ass website for me children. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves in anger about parise being an intelligent human being and also my response to your comical views on the fella. Ill be back on around september for some ticket deals. Its been real.

#43 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,299 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Wow what closed-minded bitterness. Its like a bunch of 9 yr olds that didnt get their way on here, which is nothing new around these parts.

Lets see:
Play for NJ who just made it to the cup finals, youre the captain of the team, and familiar with everyone, yet its an aging team, youre absolutely underappreciated by the fans, and play in front of half full buildings with fans wearing their new kovi jersey that know nothing about the game.

Or i could, go to my home state, be a hometown hero, live by my family, bang my smokin ass gf every night, make loot, be the king of the entire state, play in front of a sellout crowd every night, be on a team shaping up to be a contender, and play in a more wide-open conference. Hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah what a piece of sh!t that zach parise is. How dare he make the decision that benefits him and his family the most. fvck that guy man. He didnt even play hard for us every shift. Now that kovalchuk, hes one that will set an example for our young guys. Glide around the ice, try not to backcheck too much, dont work too hard on the boards, turn the puck over as much as you can. Give that guy the C already will ya petey?!?!?!? Now ive never taken this website seriously because ya really cant, but this is the end of it, people are going to chant KOVIS BETTER and boo parise and burn their parise things? What a genuine group of a$$holes you people are.Lets get something straight, kovi is not and never will be better than parise. The contract that fella got is the worst thing that will ever happen to this franchise and this is just the start of it. I knew most devils fans were clueless to the team they support, and now the responses on this confirm that. Shame on any of you that boo the guy for doing whats best for himself. If you were in his shoes youd do the EXACT same thing. The guy didnt go to a rival, he went home. Thats enough of this corny ass website for me children. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves in anger about parise being an intelligent human being and also my response to your comical views on the fella. Ill be back on around september for some ticket deals. Its been real.

So you must be another one of those idiots who yells Kovalsuck at the arena? I wish we could all be as good of Devils fans as you. Posted Image

Edited by Satans Hockey, 04 July 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#44 snartly

snartly

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Ok, goodbye. It is not like you know much more than we do.

Lets see:

#45 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,048 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

So you must be another one of those idiots who yells Kovalsuck at the arena? I wish we could all be as good of Devils fans as you. Posted Image

You shouldn't have dignified that stupidity with a response. The reasoning for the hate goes right over some people's heads.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#46 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Lets see:

Parise will never be as good as Kovalchuk. He was never, and will never be.

I will happily take some leave in November to come back and chant "Kovy's Better!"

And no, it has not been real.

#47 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

I don't want to see Parise booed, but I know just everyone else here that it's going to happen. Good players that leave via free agency generally have this happen to them unless the team clearly was moving on and just couldn't match outside interest. That's not Zach's case at all, so he will be booed.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#48 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

Oh knock off the holier then thou nonsense. Players have no loyalty to us so why should we respect them? Zach didn't win a cup here. He deserves nothing from us.

Come on, you've been on the board long enough to know that there's a whole contingent of people who think they're smarter than the rest of the board. They show no respect and never entertain the possibility that what others say might have merit, so they're impossible to argue with. Your anger at Parise is certainly understandable and I'm right there with you.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#49 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Lets see:

Or i could, go to my home state, be a hometown hero, live by my family, bang my smokin ass gf every night, make loot, be the king of the entire state, play in front of a sellout crowd every night, be on a team shaping up to be a contender, and play in a more wide-open conference. Hmmmmmmmmmmm yeah what a piece of sh!t that zach parise is. How dare he make the decision that benefits him and his family the most. fvck that guy man. He didnt even play hard for us every shift. Now that kovalchuk, hes one that will set an example for our young guys. Glide around the ice, try not to backcheck too much, dont work too hard on the boards, turn the puck over as much as you can. Give that guy the C already will ya petey?!?!?!? Now ive never taken this website seriously because ya really cant, but this is the end of it, people are going to chant KOVIS BETTER and boo parise and burn their parise things? What a genuine group of a$holes you people are.Lets get something straight, kovi is not and never will be better than parise. The contract that fella got is the worst thing that will ever happen to this franchise and this is just the start of it. I knew most devils fans were clueless to the team they support, and now the responses on this confirm that. Shame on any of you that boo the guy for doing whats best for himself. If you were in his shoes youd do the EXACT same thing. The guy didnt go to a rival, he went home. Thats enough of this corny ass website for me children. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves in anger about parise being an intelligent human being and also my response to your comical views on the fella. Ill be back on around september for some ticket deals. Its been real.

Nice, another genius who is smarter than everyone else. This right here is the definition of an internet tough guy. You think you're so smart, telling us how we would act, when in fact you really have no clue. You must be a fun person to spend time with. Let's hope this douchebag never sees this post because he has left the forum for good.

Edit: What happened to consecutive posts from the same member getting combined?

Edited by devils26, 05 July 2012 - 06:43 AM.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#50 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

Boo him. Going to Minnesota WITH Suter in my mind is nearly as bad as going to Pittsburgh or Philly. There was a time in sports when players were just grateful to get a chance
to play and would be loyal to their first team, not chase price tags.

Oh c'mon. He was an UFA. Unrestricted Free Agent! As in, he had the right to go meet with other teams and decide to sign with one of them if that appealed to him more than returning to the Devils! He dared to exercise it. What an awful man!

And stop with the loyalty crap. You do realize that drafted players really have no say as to where they go as they are drafted, unless they make it clear that they won't sign with any particular team? And how often does that really happen, where players fight being drafted by any given team? Zach did not choose the Devils and New Jersey, the Devils chose him! Were the Devils good to him? Yes. Did he fulfill his end of the bargain as a player? Again, yes. He played hard and gave it his all while he was here (which is all we could've asked), and lo and behold, after his last contract ran out, he found himself with an opportunity he never had before, from the day he was drafted...the chance to sign with a team of HIS choosing. Maybe you think he should've just automatically signed whatever Lou gave him without exploring what his UFA status afforded him, but that is complete horsesh!t...he did nothing wrong here. I don't blame anyone for being bummed that he left, I'm bummed too, but to make it sound like Zach should act like "Oh gee whiz Lou, thanks for drafting me and giving me my big chance, I am now in your debt for life, I'll be happy to stay here no matter what!"...c'mon man, we're not talking about some undrafted unheralded 24-year-old who Lou had to pluck from obscurity who no one else believed in...Zach was a highly-touted 1st-rounder who was clearly going to get the chance to be an NHL mainstay.

As to your whole "There was a time in sports when players were just grateful to get a chance to play and would be loyal to their first team, not chase price tags." argument...those players didn't have much of a choice back in the day. Those baseball players in the '50s that some regard as being such loyal souls had almost no say whatsoever about where they played...it had nothing with them being soooooooooo much more loyal and swell than current players. They didn't have any friggin' choices!

Zach is going home to play with a friend, and yeah, he's going to be well-compensated for it. His choice. His right.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 05 July 2012 - 07:27 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#51 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Everyone should wear their Parise jerseys with his name ducktaped over.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#52 dmon2010

dmon2010

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

Oh knock off the holier then thou nonsense. Players have no loyalty to us so why should we respect them? Zach didn't win a cup here. He deserves nothing from us.

I completely agree.

#53 dmon2010

dmon2010

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Lets see:

That last part about fans not knowing anything is pretty funny, considering you apparently don't even know how to spell his name. Hahahahaha...

#54 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

It would be awesome if Kovy dropped his gloves with him and beat his little punk-ass and then a little while later Cam put him through boards...

#55 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

Zach did not bring us a Cup, strung us along leading the entire fanbase (and likely management as well) to think he would resign for a year...and OUT THE DOOR! As someone else pointed out, we owe him NOTHING. I will boo until my voice is gone...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#56 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Zach didn't really accomplish much during his tenure here, and that's a shame. I won't boo him, but i certainly won't cheer. Really he doesn't even deserve a response, now he's just another guy in the league that's in our way, so all I want from that game is 2 points.

#57 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

Zach didn't really accomplish much during his tenure here, and that's a shame. I won't boo him, but i certainly won't cheer. Really he doesn't even deserve a response, now he's just another guy in the league that's in our way, so all I want from that game is 2 points.

He was a good to very good player who lived up to his billing. Maybe he didn't win a Cup, but players don't win Cups alone. His body of work here was very good. Think the Devils would've made the playoffs all of those seasons he played here if he wasn't around? Notice they didn't make it the one season he played in just 13 games...clearly a lot of things went wrong that season other that him being hurt, but he was definitely missed. He was a big reason why the Devils were competitive since he came up. But no matter how I slice it, he won't ever be $98 million good.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 05 July 2012 - 12:34 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#58 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

While Minnesota is my favorite West team (cuz I like the underdog like that) and I understand going "home" to play, I will still BOOOOOO him this year for leavin and then chant Trai----tor, Trai----tor when he does something to warrant a direct chant. Feel free to join me if you wish. Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#59 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

While Minnesota is my favorite West team (cuz I like the underdog like that) and I understand going "home" to play, I will still BOOOOOO him this year for leavin and then chant Trai----tor, Trai----tor when he does something to warrant a direct chant. Feel free to join me if you wish. Posted Image

Someone should make a sign for warmups. "Don't worry, we won't boo you." :giggle:

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 July 2012 - 01:52 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#60 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Zach did not bring us a Cup, strung us along leading the entire fanbase (and likely management as well) to think he would resign for a year...and OUT THE DOOR! As someone else pointed out, we owe him NOTHING. I will boo until my voice is gone...

Agreed we don't owe him a heros welcome, but like CR wisely stated, it's not like he did anything "wrong". I don't remember him once saying, "I'm re-signing with NJ" and if he did, feel free to correct me. He made statements about his upcoming decision, but it was us as fans who took every quote and overanalyzed it to death. And how can you blame us! He's an extraordinary talent that happened to fall into our laps and every Devil fan wanted him locked up for life. The intense emotion surrounding his departure stems from our shattered expectations, expectations that we conjured up in our own heads.

As for not doing anything for the team, he gave his heart and soul every shift, even when we were last in leauge and getting routed by basement dwellers. Like Lou said, he was a prototypical Devil and while you won't see me sporting my Parise jersey anytime soon, I wont be burning it in effigy either. To me, his departure ranks a notch or two above Gionta leaving for Montreal, simply because Parise is a more talented player. But in terms of how much they "screwed over the organization", they are pretty much on par in not at all. Parise is a loss, but it's a loss we can recover from.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users