#41 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

You spelled 'boredom' wrong.

Lol it was on the right side of the main page under "recommended". No digging at all

#42 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

What a difference a year makes

#43 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

And the reality about Kovy, he didn't necessarily want to be a Devil. Three teams made offers for him, two when you immediately eliminate the Islanders (compared to a reported 15-20 for Zach). But the Kings offer wasn't even in the same ballpark. And if Kovy's hometown was in the NHL, I bet he'd be looking to sign there too. Not saying Kovy can't be everything people want him to be here or close to it, but we don't need to make sh!t up about a great player and his time in NJ to put Kovy on a pedestal.

Do you ever get tired of being right all the time, DR33?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#44 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,177 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Do you ever get tired of being right all the time, DR33?

Ha, all I knew was this:

"They build it up just to burn it back down

They build it up just to burn it back down"

Everyone was so angry with Zach that they built up Kovy to something he was not to feel a lot better about the situation. That was a mistake. And once, just like people who said all these great things about Zach's game only to change their mind, and say he didn't do crap in the playoffs or the Cup run....have done the same with Kovy, now talking about how he wasn't even that good to begin with and was lazy, etc. Not everyone, but a lot of people.

I love the Devils and sports, but I rarely ever get emotionally attached to players or care what they do with their lives. I was gutted when Kovy retired. But never angry at the player. His life. His decision. Not going to try and walk in his shoes. 

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#45 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

To be fair he could have signed in the KHL when he was a FA last time (and threatened to do so) but he didn't.  If we didn't have a lockout odds are this thread isn't bumped.  But yeah people were making Kovy out to be more than what he was regardless.  I mean people acted like his contract showed he was selfless because the cap hit was small which wasn't the case at all - he got his money over the first ten years of the deal and the Devils paid for it dearly, so it wasn't exactly selfless.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 September 2013 - 11:37 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#46 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

Bumping this was a real dick move. I am sad now.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#47 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Kovy couldn't lead a dog to dog poop

#48 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

This was the most frustrating part about Kovy leaving. That cup run had so many people buy into Kovalchuk and defend him. Just have us something to believe in. I'm still more sad than mad to be honest.

#49 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:28 AM

Kovy is now 'leading' SKA with  1A 0G in 2GP with a minus 1 rating despite his team having a plus 6 goal differential. :P

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users