Photo

What are you doing with your Parise gear?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: What are you doing with your Parise gear? (50 member(s) have cast votes)

What are you doing with your Parise gear (jerseys, t-shirts, etc.)?

1. Keep and continue to wear (4 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

2. Keep, but never wear (20 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Keep with hopes of getting the name changed (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

4. Donate or give away (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

5. Burn! (trash) (12 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Just curious... I think I may burn my Parise t-shirt.
Posted Image

#2 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

I never bought any. I refuse to buy anything that is personalized with anyones name unless it says Stevens or Brodeur on it.

#3 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

My wife had me change up her ZP shirt already! :gd:

Posted Image

#4 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

Haven't decided yet. I did take the stick out of the hands of my Parise bobblehead and replaced it with a rolled up dollar bill though. I tried posting the pic, but I couldn't upload it from my computer lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#5 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,432 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:39 PM

i have so fvcking many Parise items... sigh

www.SterioDesign.com

#6 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

It's a good thing the only Parise gear I have is one shirt. I think I'll just give it to goodwill instead of burning the thing - would seem like a waste.

From now on I've decided I'm going to buy jerseys of former roster players only. I got my Larsson one a while back, hopefully I can wear that for a long time...but that's it. No more current players.

Edited by TheMazz, 04 July 2012 - 03:41 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#7 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,661 posts

I sold my gameworn Parise Home Set 3 rookie jersey 3 years ago.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#8 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

I have a Parise Devils jersey and a Parise World Junior Championships USA jersey. I will still proudly wear the USA jersey but I will have the name and number changed on the Devils jersey. It's from the 06-07 season so I'll probably make it an Elias or wait a year and if Zajac re-signs go with him.

Haven't decided yet. I did take the stick out of the hands of my Parise bobblehead and replaced it with a rolled up dollar bill though. I tried posting the pic, but I couldn't upload it from my computer lol.

Have we found out anywhere what the Devils offer was? How do we know it wasn't the same thing? Both Lou and Zach said money wasn't the issue.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#9 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

I only have five jerseys and one of them's a Parise lol. Still wear the Rafalski one but the Zach one'll be gathering dust now I'm afraid, at least until I can get around to shipping it somewhere to get a name change on or or maybe just give it away to a friend.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#10 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

I have a TON of Devil gear, but not one thing with Parise except a team picture with him front and center which wont be displayed anymore. I never really liked him to be honest so I never bought anything with his name on it.

Edited by Zubie#8, 04 July 2012 - 03:49 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#11 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

I have a Parise Devils jersey and a Parise World Junior Championships USA jersey. I will still proudly wear the USA jersey but I will have the name and number changed on the Devils jersey. It's from the 06-07 season so I'll probably make it an Elias or wait a year and if Zajac re-signs go with him.

Have we found out anywhere what the Devils offer was? How do we know it wasn't the same thing? Both Lou and Zach said money wasn't the issue.

I'm sure Lou will never say what our offer was, but I doubt it was for 13/98. If I was gonna guess, I'd say 10/75.

#12 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

See, if anyone wanted to do something fun during Parise's return, it be keep any Parise merchandise you no longer want to own until that day and dump it on the ice after a Devils' goal or right after the national anthem.

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 July 2012 - 03:52 PM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#13 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

See, if anyone wanted to do something fun during Parise's return, it be keep any Parise merchandise you no longer want to own until that day and dump it on the ice after a Devils' goal or right after the national anthem.

Hmmmm... I like it DR. I like it.

#14 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

Because this is mature. Talk about classy...what kind of impression do you think this makes for our current/future players that may be looking to play here? I would fvcking leave too. Grow the fvck up and drop it off at a salvation army if you think the name on the back is more fvcking important than the logo on the front. JEEBUS.
Put food on my family

#15 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,344 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

Also never got anything with Parise. I liked the guy, but he never became a favorite. Had he re-signed with us, I was definitely contemplating changing that, but thats out the window now. If I decide to get anything USA, it also wont be Zach. I have a couple of standard Team USA t-shirts as I always felt that was about the team more than one guy anyway.

Im not against getting current roster players, but jerseys are a tougher sell. I have a Clarkson, but it was a gift and if he leaves I can always get the nameplate changed as someone will always wear #23.

If I did have a Parise jersey, I'd save it and get the name changed if possible. Anything else, I'd trash or send to some African country where they send all the losing team's gear.

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

Give my tshirt to good will. I'll wait and see if anyone gets 9 that I like and maybe change the name.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#17 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,648 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Give my tshirt to good will. I'll wait and see if anyone gets 9 that I like and maybe change the name.

Or just retro change it to Broten or Nicholls. I liked Nicholls when I was first getting into hockey :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#18 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

I saw a great idea over on hf boards. Send all the stuff to Parises house. Someone needs to find the address of his new place. That would be epic.

#19 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

I saw a great idea over on hf boards. Send all the stuff to Parises house. Someone needs to find the address of his new place. That would be epic.

If you find Suter's address then you will have found Parise's. They must be living together.

#20 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

All I have for Parise is a signed hat. I guess I'll keep it since its doesn't draw much attention. I'm glad I stuck to Stevens, patty, and Marty jerseys for the most part.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users